quick report on yellow river

Started by jesse1378, October 18, 2010, 09:08:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jesse1378

ok so i launched at "the fish camp" or brown's fish camp on ward basin. went up river. it was fine at idle in the morning but hit bottom twice coming in it was really shallow right as you meet the main river so be careful. it was a little chilly. i only caught one bass on a white spinner bait at around 730. missed one on it and missed one on a lizard. the bass was a spot and about 10 inches. i didnt go too far up since i didnt want to get lost. i stayed south of the overpass. hope you do better i'm going to try and get some topo maps so i can fish the tournament in Nov.

jesse1378

ok so i was looking at the topo maps and it loks like i launched at the wrong place lol. i didnt go far enought down ward basin. i turned at the big sign that said the fish camp. it was dark and i couldnt see down the road didnt know i could turn around or not lol. either way i know where i fished lol but that doesnt do me much good. b/c they were not there or i just dont know the river yet.

Swede

looks like you got your new boat wet - how is everything working for you?  Any changes you will be making?  Where's the pictures? ;D
My wish, for you, is that this life becomes all that you want it to,
Your dreams stay big, your worries stay small.
Rascal Flatts

jesse1378

once i get my school work caught up ill post some pics. everything seems great. i did manage to break the trailer jack (slready replaced) and the string on the trolling motor (already replaced) other than that its great. i went fishing 2 days on the yellow river and caugh 7 species of fish lol. ill post up a better report with pics soon.

Nickstuff

"Finding" Yellow River from the end of Ward Basin is alittle tricky until you find your way around. There's alot of water that will take you around in circles, but, keep in mind, if you go witht he flow you will always end back up in BlackWater Bay. Good luck!!! Some awesome fishin' there,..
American by birth,...Bass fisherman by the grace of God,...

Triton TR-21 DCX
Mercury 225 Optimax
Minn Kota
Eagle Fish Strike 1000
2 x Garmin 7420s