Last Nights Meeting

Started by akresicki, April 13, 2007, 07:52:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

akresicki

I am sorry that I ticked people off last night.  That I feel bad about.  I do not feel bad about my idea though.  I only wanted everyone to be safe and have a good time.  I don't think it is right that every time somebody speaks their mind in our club people react the way they do.  We are all adults and should conduct ourselves in an adult manor.  I never wanted to anger anyone with my idea.  Nor will I ever give one again.  Because I already know if it is a nice day I will never hear the end of it.

basstracker1

Anthony, you have nothing to apologize for. I retired from the Coast Guard about 12 years ago and I can't tell you how many SAR (Search and Rescue) cases I went out on and some were fatal because people thought there will be little bit of rain. When Sunday rolls around, I know where my boat is going to be, SAFELY tucked away in my garage. A NOR'EASTER is something that you should not play with.

Ron S.

cleve

Face it ant'ny we're "woops"lo lo ~shade ^-^

NC Buck

Well here I go again, saying what I think when I should probably keep my mouth shut but that is just not me.  First of all, I don't think anyone was or is upset or angry at you Anthony, you was the bearer of the news.  I think the problem started when we came  up against a situation that was not covered in our rules and regulations.  If there had been a rule or regulation to cover this situation then there would have been no discussion because we govern ourselves by these rules and regulations.  When we run in to situations like we did the other night we will have to handle them the best we can, BUT we then should ensure that a rule or regulation is drafted, submitted, and voted on by the membership that covers what action is to be taken so that the next time that situation comes up we have a rule or regulation to cover that situation. This process needs to starts as soon as a situation is identified and entered into our constitution and by-laws.  I know years ago this same situation came up and I was the tournament director but it was in the by-laws that the tournament director could cancel, change the tournament hours or move the tournament site for safety reasons the morning or the tournament.  If that rule had been in our current by-laws then there would not have been any discussion because we would have had a rule to cover the situation.
I hear several people say well lets just change this or that.  We are the members, it is our club and we can do what we want.  That is all well and good but we have to be governed by a set of rules and regulations without which we become a club run by who ever has the most friends present at a meeting.  I have been in clubs that have tried to run a club without by-laws, but sooner or later and usually sooner the club is down to 4 or 5 members simply because those 4 or 5 members pertty much agree on just about everything and when one of them doesn't agree or like something they just kick him out.  Anthony, I am sure no one is angry at you and you should feel bad about expressing a concern. 
Anyway, we handled it the morning of the tournament.  Those that wanted to fish, fished.  Those that didn't went home.  Some probably will find fault with that action, but that is the way it happended simply because we did not have a rule or regulation to cover the situation.
~flag ~fff ~flag ~fff ~cf ~gf ~goof

cleve

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahahahah LMAO

5ndawell

Cleve, You got ONE thing about YOU and Ant'ny...............YOU ARE A "woops"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  ( Definition of a "woops", one who dose not attend bass meeting their for dose not get the story first hand,always 2nd or 3rd hand,and adds what he wants to it and then fights his battles here)  5 n da well;;;;;;; Yes Cleve I am a "woops" too when it come to defending our Bass club!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ~rant ~rant ~rant ~rant ~rant ~rant ~rant ~rant ~rant ~rant ~rant ~rant ~rant ~rant ~rant ~rant ~rant ~rant ~rant

cleve

Scott what have I said that needs to be defended? If ant'ny tells me the story that would be first hand I think :-* I think it's laugh out loud funny the same crap is going on and I wasn't there to start it. :roll2: The VP of the club quits and your on here jumping my ass for what??? I would love to be "active" but whats the piont, you (my fellow "woops") have yet steer the club from the same course it was on the last time I was there. So jump on here and says what you want, it's entertainng at least.