Shimano Cruxis

Started by cg, June 08, 2006, 11:51:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

cg

Anyone got one?
Just wondering.
cg

Robert D. Starks

I have four of them. They are the replacement forthe old Curado only cheaper. They even have the plastic tension knob and star drag. I love them. They are a good, solid reel. I have had absolutely no problems with them. One of the things I like about the Cruxis is that I don't worry about dings and scratches like I would with a Chronarch or even a new Curado. I picked mine up on that famous auction site for $75 each. I ended up getting four Cruxises for the price of one Chronarch. Works for me.

topcat

I don't own one ....but I hear that the Cruxis is a good reel.....I am a Daiwa man my self.....

Topcat

Pferox

Schimano is a good baitcaster, I own one of the older low end models, but don't use it much.

Connie knows the low down on Schimano reels for sure, but I understand that there are upgrade kits or parts available to replace plastic parts with metal on some models, to make em a little more durable, don't know which ones they are tho.
"If you think you are too small to be effective, you have never been in bed with a mosquito" - African Proverb.  Jim

bassmaster350

I have one and love it very much it does wat u want asked out a reel that price and some more. I use mine for my buzzbaits and I dont have any probs out of it

Created by Bartholomew Hawg Bass

conniek

pferox, yep, know a little bit, just enoughto be dangerous. when i inquired at shimano for the kit, they said the warranty centers would do the change as it  design flaw and when i  talked to them also I asked about obtaining some of the kits. Never proceeded any further with the changes. My shop is a top shelf dealer, but not warranty center, :'(
conniek-Gycb Pro Staff,Ask about our maint. video and training school- SEE US IN DEC ISSUE BASSMASTER

bassmaster350

Well connie are any of the new curados, citicas, or cruxis have any plastic gears or anything that can be upgraded? Because I own all three and would like to know plz.

conniek

sorry i do not know about changing out the plastic gears fro metal in the reels. and i'm not sure the gears are plastic, but might be teflon and teflon is verry tough. we do not see many plastic gears chewed up. conniek
conniek-Gycb Pro Staff,Ask about our maint. video and training school- SEE US IN DEC ISSUE BASSMASTER

Fishaholic

I saw a Cruxis 2000 in the store today, marked down and was curious as to the difference between the Cruxis 2000 and the Cruxis 200 (which is shown on the Shimano site).

Can anyone help out?

topcat

Fishaholic...I don't know the difference in the two...but I did see the Cruxis marked down at Wally Word.......may have been for Father Day........

Topcat

Fishaholic

at Wally World, the Cruxis has a silver adjustment knob not black like the ones in the Shimano catalogue...is it really a Shimano, or a knock-off?

conniek

good question for sure, i would'nt think someone would make a knock off with same name and spelling and walmart would buy. oooeeee! i would think shimano would be after them for sure. I think i'll give shimano a call and find out.

OHbassaholic

I'm thinking that Walmart had a version manufactured just for them.  They do that quite often from what I've heard.

I have one of the Cruxis 200's and like it.  Won't replace any of my higher end Chronarch SF's or Castaic SF's, but it is a nice addition to my overhand casting reels such as Curado Bantams.

conniek

don't know a thing about shimano making reels for walmart etc. shimano says if same name,it is a shimano. I do not knowwhy the different cc cap, might be a  improvement or a change shimano made due to the  lack of vendor supply  and makes no impact on design. however, sounds like a deal, just enjoy and go fishing and catch that big one,  we are the last to know most of the time. conniek 

Fishaholic

OK thanks for all the help, if they've still got it I'll get it.

bassmaster350

Well fish my cruxis 200 has a silver adjustment nob and its a really one got it from academy ;) oh there stainless steel too the nob that is

OHbassaholic

those we have in the store have the black plastic

Fishaholic

nevermind my foolishness...they had the wrong box underneath the reel...they must have sold the Cruxis and given whoever bought it the box for the Citica.

topcat

Fishaholic the reel I saw a Wally World had the silver knob...but I did some checking and these reels are legit...Shimano...said they would honor in reel  with their name on it...no matter who sales it...the reel had passed their inspection.....

Topcat

FiveAlive

Yup, I've got one, it's a sweet little reel. Have had absoluetly no problems with mine, can't beat it for the price.  ~beer~
Chasin' the dream.