Phish stick soft bait

Started by Randy Watson, July 07, 2022, 03:43:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Randy Watson

How'd t everyone, from texas ! Been fishing 60 years( I'm old) love it.
Have a question??? I used a short fat soft bait that has a hook groove, pointed on both ends . Used for a short time ,  30 years ago, then couldn't fi[/img][/img][/img][/img][/img][/img]nd em. They showed up at academy a year ago, but only one pack. Since lost the package.  Really work top and jerk. Any ideas? Thanks

BassmanRudy

Hi! Welcome to UB!!

First lure that came to mind was/is the Manns saltwater Ghost. I've used it before and yeah walks really well just no luck on it.

Second is one I saw in a saltwater tackle shop called the D.O.A Pt-7. It's very similar to the Ghost except not prerigged.

"Rudy"
I use Mister Twister Baits!
www.mistertwister.com

BassmanRudy

Sorry for the D.O.A. meant "single hook slot" not double hooked like the Manns.

"Rudy"
I use Mister Twister Baits!
www.mistertwister.com

Randy Watson

Thanks for the opportunity to visit with like minded guys.
The one I'm talking about is solid , not hollow, very thick, maybe 1/2". About 3" long. Pretty heavy, it can be cast a good ways, never used a weight. It walks on top like a Zara spook, and falls slowly and darts around under water quite well.  Using a 4.0 hook it's very good top and under water. Thanks for your reply.

Donald Garner

Randy,
Welcome to the UltimateBass Family we're glad you're here.  Where bouts do you live in Texas?  I live in Belton just South of Waco and North of Austin.

Our Academy here in Temple carried that bait for a while.  I haven't been over there in a long time.  I checked out a couple websites and you might try Zman Bait company.  There was a couple baits that looked similar to what you're looking for.

Good luck in finding that bait.
Belton Texas part of God's Country
Stratos 285 Pro XL Yamaha 150 VMax; Lowrance Hook 7 Electronics; Minn Kota Foretrex Trolling Motor

G3 1548 Alwed Jon boat Yamaha 25hp outboard 

Randy Watson

Good to meet you.  I'm in Fredericksburg, been all over, raised in midland, lived at possum kingdom for a bit. I'll check that out!! Thanks for your help sir!

Donald Garner

Randy, your welcome.
My wife and I travel to Fredericksburg often.  We attend shows at the Rock Box Theater on occasion when there's an artist we like to see. 
Belton Texas part of God's Country
Stratos 285 Pro XL Yamaha 150 VMax; Lowrance Hook 7 Electronics; Minn Kota Foretrex Trolling Motor

G3 1548 Alwed Jon boat Yamaha 25hp outboard