My Very First Boat [emoji4]

Started by CountBassula, July 02, 2022, 02:20:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CountBassula

My neighbor had this old plastic pond boat sitting in his yard for several years unused. He was about to throw it out but knowing I like to fish he asked me if I want it... I figured it would be a cool project...

Over the last two months I was restoring it slowly bit by bit, spending few hours here and there once every couple evenings. I finally got it all done and ready for water.

The boat is heavy as heck and I don't have a trailer but I do have a long canal behind my house so she's only gonna be used there.

My son and I went out on it last three evenings and it's a blast. He's learning how to steer a trolling motor while I fish the spots I was never able to cast at from the bank.

I put 50+ pictures, in no particular order, sorry, on my home server. You can view the boat and the restoration progress and fishing photos here:

https://home.vorbrodt.me/Boat/

Enjoy!

PS. The boat was in really bad shape. I plastic welded and JB Weld glued 8 spots where plastic was cracked. Sealed the outside where two main plastic peaces merge. Replaced all bolts and screws which were rusted to the core and were felling out when being pulled on. Also fixed up a busted electric motor casing and reworked all the wiring. Fun project!
, , ,

Capt. BassinLou

Exciting stuff Martin! I have a similar style boat myself, and it definitely has suited me well. Enjoy the boat with your son. Appreciate you sharing your find with us.   ~c~

Donald Garner

Martin, congrats on picking up the boat.  I too used to have one of those and they are fun to fish out of.  Tks for sharing all those pictures of the rebuilt with us also.
Belton Texas part of God's Country
Stratos 285 Pro XL Yamaha 150 VMax; Lowrance Hook 7 Electronics; Minn Kota Foretrex Trolling Motor

G3 1548 Alwed Jon boat Yamaha 25hp outboard 

Time2Fish

Congrats Martin!  Looks like a fun project.  Glad you guys are able to get on the water now and don't have to haul gear around.  If you get jazzed up about getting a trailer, take a look at the ones at Harbor Freight.  They've even got one that folds up for storage.  And they're not very expensive.  Cheers!

big g

Good luck and enjoy, you can't beat the price you paid!
(Fish) - P/B 11.4, Everglades, L67, L28, Little 67, Alligator Alley, Sawgrass, Holey Land, Loxahatchee, Ida, Osbourne, Okeechobee, Weston Lakes. Broward and Dade Canals.