Illinois Fishing Reports

Started by Steve81, January 12, 2022, 01:17:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Steve81

Hey guys! I know this particular section doesn't see a ton of action but I wanted to introduce myself and pass along some news.

My name is Steve (I know, real creative on the username) and I'm relatively new to IL as I just moved to the state from Nebraska in March 2021. I'm active duty Air Force and I am currently deployed. My 2021 fishing season didn't amount to much due to the move and then this deployment but I am looking forward to getting out and exploring the bass fishing opportunities that IL has to offer. I even entered all of the BFL's for the 2022 season! Just about anyone I talked to has told me how difficult bass fishing is in the state and, to be honest, I am kind of looking forward to that. I'm sure it will suck at the time but I know that grind will make me a better angler in the long run.

I have also volunteered to help out with some moderation aspects of UB and this section will be one of those aspects. After every fishing trip, I 100% plan to post my fishing report here and I hope that you guys will consider doing the same. I also dabble at making YT videos as well so my reports tend to be pretty specific. Feel free to be as specific or vague as you feel comfortable with any of your reports.

jfergus7

Welcome! Where in Illinois did you move to? You will find a huge difference in fishing styles from the north end of the state compared to the south.  We definitely have some good fishing spots just have to find them. I am way north so I spend a lot of time in Wisconsin fishing but love to get around IL when I can with the boat!

Steve81

I am at the complete opposite end of the state from you as I am just south east of St. Louis. I only fished a couple of times in 2021 but I plan to travel around this year. Maybe we will see each other on the water at some point!

coldfront

looking forward to learning more about those ILLINOIS waters as you share Steve!

Steve81

Quote from: coldfront on March 13, 2022, 08:04:57 AM
looking forward to learning more about those ILLINOIS waters as you share Steve!

You know I will tell it like I see it. And since I like to make a YouTube video of all my trips, I'll have video evidence as well.