Lake Shelbyville Bass and Crappie Lake Report

Started by Lipripper, May 19, 2008, 07:47:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lipripper

Ok here are some pictures from my trip to Lake Shelbyville. Let me start off by saying this is the wettest and coldest and windiest spring fishing trip we have every had so we didn't go fishing everyday because with the wind blowing like it was and from the direction it was and when your jig fishing with a 12' pole it's hard to keep the line vertical. Ok with that being said the Crappie should have spawned by now on Lake Shelbyville but they haven't because of the weather patterns. The water temps were around 58 to 61* and most of our fish were caught in 16' deep water down around 12'. We were using 1/16 oz jigs and a assortment of jig bodies. Red & Chrt...Blue & Chrt...White & Chrt....Flor Green & Chrt we caught most of them on these 4 colors. Ok here are some pictures from my trip. As you can see it was a little cool  ~roflmao ~roflmao

Here is a net full of 10 " to 12" ones our limit for that day.

Ok on days when John had other things to do and couldn't go I went to a friends house who has a little pond in his back yard, It's not real big but is 25' to 30' deep and has lots of theses beauties in there

A 7lber

and also some of these LITTLE Bluegills

He also have a few Bass he has put in there but couldn't get them to bite. All in all it was a great fishing trip and I did bring home 200 Crappie Fillets and a few kitty kats . Also had one break my 8lb mono   :'( :'(

Kats Rule And Bass Drool.Viet Nam Vet

Dug

Great Report Lip!!  We have warmer weather coming so I am guessing the Specs will be spawning in about 2 weeks.  Can't wait to get a messofillets!!  That Bluegill was a beaut!! Most impressive of your pictures.  Congrats!.

Dug
In the end, it's not going to matter how many breaths you took, but how many moments took your breath away.

Bassinkorea

I agree with Dug.....that is some Bluegill right there Lip  ~c~ ~c~ ~c~
2020 IBASS Gold - Zone 2 - AOY
2020 IBASS Classic - Winner
2020 IBASS Team Tourney - Winner (with FD)

PiscMonkey

Great photos Lip! Glad you both had some good days at least to fish it has been some bad rainy & windy days. It seem that the free days I chose to go fishing myself where loosey.  ohh wells! Just hope the July trip works out well.

Fish_myster

~c~ Thanks for sharing Lip  ~shade Good looking meal in that there net  ~fff

would love to have a mess of them gills to go with the crappies.

Glad to see you back on line but sorry you have to work for a living  lo
  Proud Father of an American Soldier 
Proud Grandfather of 6!

bass1cpr

Looks like another great trip Lipper. I'm in total agreement with everyone about that gill,I'd like to get into a few like that myself.
   Fish are definatley running behind on the spawn a little farther south too. Great job for the conditions buddy.
A fish a day keeps postal away. See fishing is relaxing.  Member B.A.S.S.  Illinois B.A.S.S. Federation Nation

Creel Limit Zero

Looks like a great time, despite the conditions.   ~c~ ~c~

Lipripper

Quote from: Dug on May 19, 2008, 07:52:20 AM
Great Report Lip!!  We have warmer weather coming so I am guessing the Specs will be spawning in about 2 weeks.  Can't wait to get a messofillets!!  That Bluegill was a beaut!! Most impressive of your pictures.  Congrats!.

Dug
Dug I was fishing for catfish useing chicken liver when I caught the first one, Glen told me he had some Gills in the pond but he didn't say they were that BIG  :shocking: , so I switched to some cheese stink bait and yelp caught another Big Gill.

Thanks BK and it's been feed just like the catfish. Glen feeds them about twice a day  ;D

PM sorry to hear your all wet.  ~roflmao ~roflmao

Quote from: Fish_myster on May 19, 2008, 08:51:58 AM
~c~ Thanks for sharing Lip  ~shade Good looking meal in that there net  ~fff

would love to have a mess of them gills to go with the crappies.
Glad to see you back on line but sorry you have to work for a living  lo
Chip eye do  lo lo

Quote from: bass1cpr on May 19, 2008, 12:27:20 PM
   Looks like another great trip Lipper. I'm in total agreement with everyone about that gill,I'd like to get into a few like that myself.
   Fish are definatley running behind on the spawn a little farther south too. Great job for the conditions buddy.
Thanks Tom and your right about that spawn hope the weather gets right befor they decide to go back out to deep water and absorbe their eggs this spring.

Thanks Creel.

ShawnDee4

Sounds like you've got some good eatin ahead of you Lip. I know what you mean about the weather around here. Winds have been downright brutal, and rain, rain and a little more rain. Sounds like this week we're supposed to be up into the 80's down here and high 50's at night that outta help.. Thanks for the report. If I didn't have to work so much to pay for gas I could go fishing!!!  ~rant

Sponsors:                Houseworth Electric

b1jeremy

Hey Lip I bet if before your next trip you were to call Chuck Ditto with Parasite Weights, he may could line you out with a few areas too. He's a guide there and they also own a resort on the Lake. Just a thought.

Bass Mafia

Great report Lip! ~c~ Nice ;PHO) too ~c~ ~c~ ~c~

Glad You had a great time!

Lipripper

Quote from: b1jeremy on May 19, 2008, 06:46:42 PM
Hey Lip I bet if before your next trip you were to call Chuck Ditto with Parasite Weights, he may could line you out with a few areas too. He's a guide there and they also own a resort on the Lake. Just a thought.
jeremy I know Chuck and he's a great guy. I meet him last year and the resort is on the other end of the lake down by the Dam  ;D Thanks BK
ShawnDee4 you got that right and with that old turtle head 6 cylender on John's boat we do go very far  ~roflmao ~roflmao

coyotek

Hey LIP!!! That looks like fun!!! Glad you had a great time!!!

Pferox

Nice catch Lip, its always nice to go on a trip and bring back tasty souvenirs.  ;)
"If you think you are too small to be effective, you have never been in bed with a mosquito" - African Proverb.  Jim

Lipripper

Quote from: coyotek on May 20, 2008, 08:02:32 AM
Hey LIP!!! That looks like fun!!! Glad you had a great time!!!
Alta since you have never caught one (so you say)  lo lo that's what a BlueGill looks like  ~roflmao ~roflmao

Quote from: Pferox on May 20, 2008, 08:08:18 AM
Nice catch Lip, its always nice to go on a trip and bring back tasty souvenirs.  ;)
You got that right Jim might have to fry up some on Monday  ~c~ ~c~