Lake Shelbyville Bass Fishing Reports

Started by MotherNature, June 27, 2004, 11:45:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Steve_W

Ran up to the lake this morning for a short,tried to find Lip .no luck
The wind blew me off the lake early,but the fish were biting if you could stay on them
caught 1 whitebass on a blade ,then left the main lake for the coves out of the wind,and hooked up 2 bass and one keeper crappie on small tube jigs (white,chartruce) but had enough of the wind and was home by noon.
water is stained and 53

Lipripper

Tim your right about that wind  ~sweat but if you were looking for me that Sunday morning no wonder you couldn't fine me we didn't get out of Church and on the water before 1:30 PM and we put on at Wilbern and only fished for about 2 and 1/2 hrs and we wnet streight across to the Bank there and it wasn't quite as bad that day. We did catch 7 keeper Crappies over there on a drop off using 1/16oz black jigs with ornge and Chartruse Southern Pro 1 and 1/2" tubs. Tim was right about the wind last week there were at least two days we didn't even put the boat on the water because the winds were blowing 30 to 35 MPH with gust to 40 MPH. After several days of wind it made the water a little stained then it got warm again and brought the water temps back up and shut the fish back off again. There was only two days that we caught our limit of 10  ~fff which had to be 10" or bigger to keep but we did have several 12" to 13" ones and a few 14" one too. we caught most of them in brush pilles in 4' to 12' of water and along the drop offs all were caught on the 1/16 oz combo mentioned above but some of me I was useing the shad Bass Assisan 1 & 1/2" bodys. One of the days we did catch our 20  ~fff limit which was on the second to the last day we only got to fish for about 1 & 1/2 hrs and that was it bercause that's all the time it took to catch our limit a and we caught them in the stump field off of 4 stumps  ;D
All in all it was a good trip even if I couldn't get any Bass to bite on all them spinner and buzz baits and rattle traps and everything else I tried  :'( :'( but I did try  ;D
Bass1cpr and Cable Guy sorry we didn't get to hook up but I'm glad ya'll didn't really miss awhole lot this trip. Maybe we can try again this spring when I will be down there for 2 weeks  ;)
OH I do have a few  ;PHO) to post but not too many since I found out that old HP Digital Camrea don't like being left out in the cold and still work right  :roll2: :roll2:

Kats Rule And Bass Drool.Viet Nam Vet

Lipripper

Mike Cork

Looks like the fishing time was limited but it was a good bite when you got to go out ~c~ Sure wish you could have got on them bassies but with frontal weather like you were experencing it sure shuts them green backs down  :'( Catching limits of Crappie that size sure had to be fun :-*

Fishing is more than just a hobby

Dobyns Rods - Monster Fishing Tackle
Cork's Reel Service

Lipripper

You got that right Mike there was a big drop in Temps from one day to tne next one day it was in the 50's the next morning is the morning the boat got frozen to the trailer at 13 degrees.  lo lo Oh well me will keep tryim gto catch them Hreen Back and if nothiong else you can show me how in May  :-* cause me won't  :surrender: :surrender: lo lo

Mike Cork

Well in May Lip we will be after bronze backs but I will be puttin you on some for sure :-*

Fishing is more than just a hobby

Dobyns Rods - Monster Fishing Tackle
Cork's Reel Service

Lipripper

Well there are some Green Backs in there too right  ;) but it don't matter as long as we be fishing together  ~c~ ~c~

silversalmon

Going to be looking here soon LIP for that report  ~c~ ~c~

United States Air Force 1994-present

Jim

Just got back from Lake Shelbyville last weekend, 4/8/2006  Don't waste your time

Water very dirty like chocolate milk and the river was raging....

My son snagged a carp and a gar below the dam
Fishing for walleye....Got Skunked...

Wait a week or two until water clears....

Steve_W

I think maybe I have figured out the summer bass here  :-\
went out last Thursday in the AM and caught 4 keepers on creek edges next to main lake points,
Took the wife out tonight after work and we each caught a keeper each in 2 hours
these are the 1st bass we have caught here in 8 years,but I haven't spent much time trying either,but I may have a summer pattern figured out,If it holds up for another week I'll post what we are doing.will see if it's just a fluke or if the UB has made me a better fisherman ~shade

Lipripper

Tim thanks for the report and what part of th eLake are you catching them in. I know there are some Bass around the railroad bridge and also around Finley Marina area.