Map of the week

Started by baileyjs, May 21, 2015, 09:41:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

baileyjs

I'm not sure if it would benefit anyone as much as me but would there be any interest in posting different lake maps and people giving their input as to where they'd fish and what they'd try? I understand a lot of variables come in to play (ie weather, time of year) but it still could be beneficial to get another perspective on a new lake you want to try out.   

Polaris425

That would be cool. But I doubt anyone will want to give away their spots... lol.

Fishin' Alabama
Building Rods, & Snatchin' Lips.

Bigwrench

Quote from: baileyjs on May 21, 2015, 09:41:19 AM
I'm not sure if it would benefit anyone as much as me but would there be any interest in posting different lake maps and people giving their input as to where they'd fish and what they'd try? I understand a lot of variables come in to play (ie weather, time of year) but it still could be beneficial to get another perspective on a new lake you want to try out.
We actually do this on the Charter Member side already. It is hard to get everyone to give up their spots but come on over to the dark side and get em fired up again
Stop by the Garage and let me know if you have Maintenance issues that you need assistance with.

WRB

Map study takes a lot time to determine good seasonal areas to fish on large reserviors, not a big effort for lakes under 2,000 acres.
For new anglers it is very educational to see how more experienced anglers read maps.
The narrow minds of some bass anglers always amazes me, don't want to give up secrets....what secrets?
So the site has a tight nit club of charter members sharing secrets....
Post your map or lake name, be glad to point out high percentage areas for you.
Tom

rockchalk06

Quote from: WRB on May 21, 2015, 12:52:03 PM

The narrow minds of some bass anglers always amazes me, don't want to give up secrets....what secrets?

Tom

Then why are you here?

Lee Smith

We're not a tight nit club, we are family!  And we don't share secrets, we share knowledge and thoughts.  Until you become a Charter member, do not discuss what we do, as you do not know my friend. 

Charter Membership has many extra's here, map studies is just one of them (which needs some good maps to check out, btw)  And, the memberships support the site along with the sponsors to keep it up and running.  For me, it's well worth, actually a steel  ~c~  ~c~
Builder of Custom Personal Bassin' Rods

TheLastRodBender

Map study takes a lot time to determine good seasonal areas to fish on large reserviors, not a big effort for lakes under 2,000 acres.
For new anglers it is very educational to see how more experienced anglers read maps.
Tom

Speaking as a charter member here...

My feeling is that the information has been restricted to the charter member boards (which are absolutely available to anyone who would like to become a charter member) so that the information is not readily available to potential google searchers and/or lurkers that are not active on the board in any sense.  If these posts were to show up on Dock Talk or any other 'open' board, every time someone google searched the name of the lake in the conversation, that information would pop up.  Having it on the charter member board prevents that.   The information is not meant to be withheld from the active members of our little community here, but more to keep it from being open information across the entire internet.

LgMouthGambler

Quote from: TheLastRodBender on May 21, 2015, 01:10:14 PM
Tom

Speaking as a charter member here...

My feeling is that the information has been restricted to the charter member boards (which are absolutely available to anyone who would like to become a charter member) so that the information is not readily available to potential google searchers and/or lurkers that are not active on the board in any sense.  If these posts were to show up on Dock Talk or any other 'open' board, every time someone google searched the name of the lake in the conversation, that information would pop up.  Having it on the charter member board prevents that.   The information is not meant to be withheld from the active members of our little community here, but more to keep it from being open information across the entire internet.

This.  ~c~
My wife says she is gonna leave me if I go fishing one more time........lord how I will miss that woman.

Down4ttown

Quote from: Lee Smith on May 21, 2015, 01:04:38 PM
We're not a tight nit club, we are family!  And we don't share secrets, we share knowledge and thoughts.  Until you become a Charter member, do not discuss what we do, as you do not know my friend. 

Charter Membership has many extra's here, map studies is just one of them (which needs some good maps to check out, btw)  And, the memberships support the site along with the sponsors to keep it up and running.  For me, it's well worth, actually a steel  ~c~  ~c~
The charter membership will look at maps and give you break downs?  :help:

Lee Smith

Quote from: Down4ttown on May 21, 2015, 03:36:05 PM
Quote from: Lee Smith on May 21, 2015, 01:04:38 PM

The charter membership will look at maps and give you break downs?  :help:

Yep, you post a map and we'll take a look and give you ideas of what we think would be best areas, ect for the time of year.  :-*  ~c~

It's kind of a round table discussion amongst the charters about your map, I guess you would say.

Down4ttown

I need to sign up Lee. How does one go about doing such...

Lipripper

Quote from: Down4ttown on May 21, 2015, 06:36:41 PM
If you look over on the right side of the screen under the ads you will see this
QUICK LINKS
UB Home
Main Forum
Welcome
Dock Talk
Techniques
Rods and Reels
Tackle Box
Catch of the Day
UB Contests
Tips and Ideas
Sponsor Connection
Fishing Reports
Charter Members Only
Bass Fishing Classified Ads
Boats 4 Sale

BECOME A
CHARTER MEMBER
SUPPORT UB
just click on the last one that says BECOME A CHARTER MEMBER SUPPORT UB and you should find all you need to know on becoming a Charter Member ;D

Kats Rule And Bass Drool.Viet Nam Vet

WRB

Quote from: rockchalk06 on May 21, 2015, 12:57:34 PM

Tom

Then why are you here?
Well to honest with you John Bo James invited me here thinking this group was a family. ,
My bass forum experience started the BASS Insider boards, the site went to the dogs, I joined TBH site and that site was sold...good friendly family group. Bo thought this group has the same feel.
The "Charter" membership usually means those who started the site or become monitors etc, not something you join.
Map study is something I have done for lots of anglers on several sites, not just a special few members.
To answer you ? I don't know why I am trying to share my experience on this site, it's time to reevaluate.
Tom

Lee Smith

Quote from: WRB on May 21, 2015, 07:46:24 PM

Tom

Then why are you here?
Well to honest with you John Bo James invited me here thinking this group was a family. ,
My bass forum experience started the BASS Insider boards, the site went to the dogs, I joined TBH site and that site was sold...good friendly family group. Bo thought this group has the same feel.
The "Charter" membership usually means those who started the site or become monitors etc, not something you join.
Map study is something I have done for lots of anglers on several sites, not just a special few members.
To answer you ? I don't know why I am trying to share my experience on this site, it's time to reevaluate.
Tom
Tom, this is one site that has and will last over most of the others, why?  Our membership, period!  Charter Membership here is a support of that family by all members that wish to support our great site and for their support, they get certain privileges that standard members don't get to enjoy.  Not set up as a "club charter membership" as you explained. 

As much as we are a family, not just the charter membership but the complete membership, we tend to protect what we care for and I care for this site and it's members.  Your brash attitude in the post shows you do not want to be part of the family, as you say.  Bo was correct, we are a family, that's why when people say things that aren't true, or say things out of order as you did about our 'charter membership', you my friend will get called out about it. 

As great your knowledge is, and it is, your one that doesn't believe their is any other thought process than your own.  If there is one thing I have learned about bass fishing or fishing in general, there are many, many different opinions and things that work at any given time.  As your correct the majority of the time in your post, there are other options, which will work, even you would have to admit that. 

I have a little knowledge of map studies also, believe it or not and will help anyone that ask as I always do!

So reevaluate, that would be great, while you do, look at your tone, and ask one question, why would anybody in "the family" have that tone with it's family members??   

Down4ttown

Quote from: Lipripper on May 21, 2015, 07:24:25 PM
If you look over on the right side of the screen under the ads you will see this
QUICK LINKS
UB Home
Main Forum
Welcome
Dock Talk
Techniques
Rods and Reels
Tackle Box
Catch of the Day
UB Contests
Tips and Ideas
Sponsor Connection
Fishing Reports
Charter Members Only
Boats 4 Sale

BECOME A
CHARTER MEMBER
SUPPORT UB
just click on the last one that says BECOME A CHARTER MEMBER SUPPORT UB and you should find all you need to know on becoming a Charter Member ;D
Hmm one cannot see such things from tapatalk.

Lee Smith

Quote from: Down4ttown on May 21, 2015, 08:20:02 PM

QUICK LINKS
UB Home
Main Forum
Welcome
Dock Talk
Techniques
Rods and Reels
Tackle Box
Catch of the Day
UB Contests
Tips and Ideas
Sponsor Connection
Fishing Reports
Charter Members Only
Boats 4 Sale

BECOME A
CHARTER MEMBER
SUPPORT UB

I'll text you  ;D

LgMouthGambler

Quote from: WRB on May 21, 2015, 07:46:24 PM

Tom

Its not about "secrets", its about keeping the trolls out of what many here try to keep upon our brotherens. The reasons we become Charter Members, like Lee said, is so we can keep this organization we have going on for future reasons. There are many sites out there, and like you have stated they will come and go. There has been no other site that I have been a part of where the people have treated me like these people here have. The many different areas of the United States, and other countries, that are represented on this site, allows us to see what others around the globe do to find these water bound creatures. Attitudes and abuse are not welcomed here, and it is usually put to a quick stop. I know of one site in particular that almost every post ends up in a "lock" due to unruley bashing of others. Sorry that you feel a little left out, but its a small contribution to the site every year that us Charter Members give to make it keep going, and it allows for some benefits. I will admit that I dont use the CM area that much, but my main reason for becoming one was I felt that it was worth my small donation to keep this house well maintained and standing tall. I will tell you that I feel like there isnt anything that we wouldnt do for each other if needed. I would have no problem taking any of these guys out if they came around my parts, shoot, I would house them and feed them to save them expenses while down here too if they wanted. Its just like that, its FAMILY.  ~shade

Then why are you here?
Tom
My wife says she is gonna leave me if I go fishing one more time........lord how I will miss that woman.

Lipripper

Quote from: Down4ttown on May 21, 2015, 08:20:02 PM

QUICK LINKS
UB Home
Main Forum
Welcome
Dock Talk
Techniques
Rods and Reels
Tackle Box
Catch of the Day
UB Contests
Tips and Ideas
Sponsor Connection
Fishing Reports
Charter Members Only
Boats 4 Sale

BECOME A
CHARTER MEMBER
SUPPORT UB
There we go again don't you just love it when things work right ::) lo lo

Down4ttown

I will get on and take care of it. Lee has given the tools I need for success ha ha.

Down4ttown

Done and Done. I am now part of the cool club....I think....

Bigwrench

Quote from: Down4ttown on May 22, 2015, 07:22:22 AM
Welcome to the Dark Side Brother !
Stop by the Garage and let me know if you have Maintenance issues that you need assistance with.

Lee Smith

well it used to be a good group of folks  ~roflmao  ~roflmao

great to have you bro!!  ~c~  ~c~

Oldfart9999

At the risk of making some angry with me I'll step in and defend Tom(WRB), he came from the same site I did and was one of the first to welcome me there. Tom has a tremendous amount of knowledge and shares it willingly, including map study. Each site is different and does things differently, at TBH if someone needed help with a map issue it was done on the regular board where other info was shared, if there were lurkers, there were lurkers. As far as his being the only way, I never found that to be true and we had discussions about baits that would work or be the best way to go in one area would not be in another, it has to do with different environments and regions and Florida strain vs. northern. I have found Tom to be friendly, as I have found many here to be.
The owner of TBH had to sell the site, financial problems, the new owners wouldn't answer questions, intercourse with members or help to keep the site going and it went to hell in a handbasket. I went through several sites and wound up staying here because of it's friendly nature and I intend to stay, because of it's friendly nature. You should listen to Tom and give his suggestions a chance, he is very knowledgeable, been around a long time, and deserves the same respect as any other member of this board.
Rodney   
Old Fishermen never die, their rods just go limp.

Lee Smith

No anger here sir, I never said there wasn't a wealth of knowledge from WRB.  Actually I said the opposite.  The issue is a posting style, IMHO nothing more.  It is very hard to show one's actual thoughts and how they are thinking through words alone.  Many times members post a direct answer and it is read by one different than by others. 

I welcome any and all knowledge and most definitely know WRB has a vast knowledge and truly want to hear and learn from him.  I on the other hand, do not want anyone, no matter their knowledge, say anything about our other members, singled out or as a whole.  The issue in this was with the charter membership and his assumption that it was the same here as if it where a club of some sort, it's not.  Our charter membership is a group of people that love this site and want to support this site, no more, no less.  Heck if it where like a club charter membership, there would be 4 members  lo

end of topic for me  ;D

LgMouthGambler

There goes the neighborhood.  ~roflmao

Lipripper

Welcome to the and may the force be with you. ;D

Rodney most of the members on here have been welcomed by me and you have been around here long enough to know that if any member posted a map or asked any question Lee and any other member would be more that happy to try and help or answer the question. Heck Lee and most of the other members would even go out of their way to try and find the answer if they didn't know it themselves and that's what makes UB different than most other websites.
Tom you do have a wealth of information and from what you said have been around several sites so you know that the posted word is easy to be taken the wrong way. Mike and Laurie have always watched over this place to make sure it keeps that family feel and that anyone is welcome. I hope you stick around but it's your choice and if you decide to leave God bless you and have a nice life.