Hosston 1/2/12

Started by Kyle Kennington, January 02, 2012, 07:21:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kyle Kennington

Went to Hosston today. No one was on lake. 1 duck hunter and 1bass boat coming when i left.Still real low. Grass was thick throughout. 49.6 degrees. Gonna fish real small

K2Racing29

Safe to launch and navigate?

Please do not use Outdoor Hub Mobile, Please find and use TapaTalk for your phone
2006 Legend LE21

From the Country that Invented Rock N Roll

Kyle Kennington

Quote from: K2Racing29 on January 02, 2012, 07:40:05 PM
Safe to launch and navigate?
Launch is fine. Channel a little low. Lot of grass. Caddo has a warning sign out to watch stumps

FishinSteelersFan

I went out on Wednesday (12/28) and had no problems launching and running the channel, I did have to idle across some grass to find some open water to fish...but I did find some, in several locations.  You'll find several trails through the grass where duck hunters have been running, and for some reason the shallow water that I found had very sparse grass...but that was almost a week ago.  I'm going up there tomorrow morning, I'll post more on the Poorman's website. 
Legend boats, Mercury ProXS, Kistler rods
www.LouisianaPoormans.com  Check us out, 100% payout EVERY TIME!

Fisher of Men

its not the depth that has the grass so thick.  The lake was down so low throughout the summer and fall that the grass has in fact worsened. But the depth of the lake is normal.  It is about 6 inches from coming over the spillway. My friend that is not low, I have fished it when it was 5 fott lower than it is now.  The depth is fine and the grass will always be something you have to deal with.  Thats where a 1 1/2 oz weight with 65lb braid and a med/hvy rod with a fast tip come into play ;D
Choose today who you will serve, but as for me and my house; WE WILL SERVE THE LORD.
Joshua 24:15

Kyle Kennington

Quote from: Fisher of Men on January 03, 2012, 01:30:15 PM
its not the depth that has the grass so thick.  The lake was down so low throughout the summer and fall that the grass has in fact worsened. But the depth of the lake is normal.  It is about 6 inches from coming over the spillway. My friend that is not low, I have fished it when it was 5 fott lower than it is now.  The depth is fine and the grass will always be something you have to deal with.  Thats where a 1 1/2 oz weight with 65lb braid and a med/hvy rod with a fast tip come into play ;D
The depth of the lake can't be normal if the floating pier is sitting at such of an angle.  ~roflmao if it was 5 foot lower, the whole lake toward the public boat ramp would be dry seeing that there is 3 foot of water or less there as of yesterday.   lo

FishinSteelersFan

The floating pier is NOT sitting in the dirt, and the lake is NOT empty!  There are photos, that I took this morning, on the Poormans Website.  Weeds were not that bad either!

Kyle Kennington

Lake is safe to run the channel. Most will have to migrate towards thE river to find good fishing water. Just follow the sign that caddo put up at the ramp which says to stay in channel for safety. Ramp is in great shape. Floating pier has partial water but really not floating. May be a little tight for bank space but ok for this tourney. Will have to dodge duck hunters if they are out on sat morning like they have been. Water stains on poles show abut 2o-23 inch gap but lake is recovering well

Kyle Kennington

Quote from: ZXBUG on January 02, 2012, 07:21:30 PM
Went to Hosston today. Lake was empty. Still real low. Grass was horrible throughout. 49.6 degrees. Gonna fish real small
FYI...
Lake was empty means no people. Cody showed up as I was leaving.

FishinSteelersFan

Quote from: ZXBUG on January 03, 2012, 03:08:59 PM
The depth of the lake can't be normal if the floating pier is sitting on the dirt. 

Ron Fogelson

Todd I don't want to put words in anyone's mouth but I think what is trying to be said is that all the dirt in the photo at full pool is under water and those poles at the end of the dock to hold it in place are normally even or right close to even with the dock when it's floated up.

I'm sure as the TD you wouldn't hold the event here if it was unsafe so that isn't what I'm saying only that there may have been a misunderstanding in the written word.  :-*

Kyle Kennington

Quote from: Ron Fogelson on January 03, 2012, 08:39:41 PM
Todd I don't want to put words in anyone's mouth but I think what is trying to be said is that all the dirt in the photo at full pool is under water and those poles at the end of the dock to hold it in place are normally even or right close to even with the dock when it's floated up.

I'm sure as the TD you wouldn't hold the event here if it was unsafe so that isn't what I'm saying only that there may have been a misunderstanding in the written word.  :-*
Bistineau boy pretty smart! Perception is everything...  ;)

Kyle Kennington

Doesn't matter anymore anyway. TD banned me from entering any events for unsportsmanlike comments about black bayou Hosston... Didn't know anglers were censored on what they post about a lake.

Randy Deaver

Just curious ZX BUG what part of your post did he say was unsportsmanlike? Sounds like to me you were just stating what you saw. From the looks of the water level in the picture that was posted I would say it is still pretty low.

FishinSteelersFan

Quote from: Randy Deaver on January 03, 2012, 09:17:16 PM
Just curious ZX BUG what part of your post did he say was unsportsmanlike? Sounds like to me you were just stating what you saw. From the looks of the water level in the picture that was posted I would say it is still pretty low.

He said that the lake was NOT safe to launch or navigate, which he has since edited (changed) his posts.