Tacklebag Takeover.

Started by topdsm0138, February 04, 2024, 04:27:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

topdsm0138

Was cleaning and reorganizing the tackle bag (more like a crate. ) and noticed that I used to use a LOT of Strike King and Culprit for my soft baits. But now, I only have 2 packs of Culprit 7.5" worms in Red Shad & Tequila Sunrise (My 2 Go-to colors on my local lake). They all seem to have been "mysteriously replaced" by various X Zone plastics. Funny thing is, I don't recall buying this many X Zones. Has anyone else noticed an "unintentional swap" of your Go-to's over time or that certain lures you always had on hand are no longer in your arsenal?

Sent from undisclosed location. -Tiller Mafia

"I'm a simple man, with simple pleasures." -Trevor Belmont

Smallie_Stalker

I have my preferred brands but I'm always willing to try new stuff so the contents of my bag will change from time to time.

When my son was younger he used to "commandeer" stuff from me all the time lol. If something was missing chances were that's where it went.

Since I had told him he could use whatever he needed it wasn't really an issue and with all the stuff I had sometimes I didn't realize it was gone for a while and I usually had plenty more.

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk

Dobyns Rods   Titan Tungsten   Abu Garcia  Berkley  Pflueger  Spiderwire

Donald Garner

I use many different brands of Soft Plastics.  My favorite plastic worm growing up was Culprit Ribbon tail worms.  When I moved here to Texas the Academy store stopped stocking that brand.  I went to using Zoom Ole Monster Ribbon tailed.

I was shopping at a local tackle store in Killeen and found some V&M soft plastic baits.  I bought a bunch of "Wild Thangs 8.5in ribbon tail worms and decided to give them a try.  I'm liking the V&M Wild Thang Ribbon tail worm a lot more than the Culprit and Zoom Worms. 

I still have a bunch of Culprits and Zoom worms in my inventory.  Once in a while I still tie one of the ole favorites on  ;)   
Belton Texas part of God's Country
Stratos 285 Pro XL Yamaha 150 VMax; Lowrance Hook 7 Electronics; Minn Kota Foretrex Trolling Motor

G3 1548 Alwed Jon boat Yamaha 25hp outboard