Popper fun!

Started by Capt. BassinLou, February 26, 2024, 01:15:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Capt. BassinLou

I've been experimenting with an old  school Pop-r, and stuck this nice 4lbr.

J.W.

Heck yeah! Nice one, Lou. I love throwing the Rebel Pop-R. They are so much fun when you have a big one just come up and SPLOOSH on it! 

topdsm0138

Nice catch, sometimes the classics are needed.

Tiller Mafia

"I'm a simple man, with simple pleasures." -Trevor Belmont

Donald Garner

Congrats on the catching there.  Tks for sharing that picture with us also. 
Belton Texas part of God's Country
Stratos 285 Pro XL Yamaha 150 VMax; Lowrance Hook 7 Electronics; Minn Kota Foretrex Trolling Motor

G3 1548 Alwed Jon boat Yamaha 25hp outboard 

skidemn

The Pop-R is my all-time favorite topwater bait! The ones I fish are all about 30 years old (or more) and seem a bit different than the current ones. Not sure when they changed, but the action seems different on the current ones.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Smallie_Stalker

Quote from: skidemn on March 02, 2024, 02:55:24 AMThe Pop-R is my all-time favorite topwater bait! The ones I fish are all about 30 years old (or more) and seem a bit different than the current ones. Not sure when they changed, but the action seems different on the current ones.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I get that. The old Rebel P-70 popper is still my favorite of all time. They are hard to find now and expensive when you do and the knock-off attempts and even the Rebel reissue were just not the same.

I also have some hand carved wooden poppers that go back to the 80' and early 90's that are really good.

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk

Dobyns Rods   Titan Tungsten   Abu Garcia  Berkley  Pflueger  Spiderwire