The Peacocks made me work today!

Started by Capt. BassinLou, May 15, 2023, 05:22:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Capt. BassinLou

Peacocks can be moody. They aren't ferocious all the time. Sometimes, they force you to actually think.  lo lo Coaxed a few beauties to bite today.  ;)

hondo2doc

Yes they can be moody. I'm curious what bag of tricks did you pull out to finesse them  onto your hooks?

Great pictures to by the way, thanks.

Sent from my SM-T500 using Tapatalk

Capt. BassinLou

Quote from: hondo2doc on May 15, 2023, 06:00:54 PM
Yes they can be moody. I'm curious what bag of tricks did you pull out to finesse them  onto your hooks?

Thank you sir. I'll share one nugget. I call it the spook quiver. When Peacock or bass for that matter, strike at lure, but for whatever reason miss. I gently move the spook to make it quiver, and appear stunned. The follow up blow up is sometimes more violent than the first attempt.  ~shhh ~shhh ~shhh ~shhh

hondo2doc

Quote from: Capt. BassinLou on May 15, 2023, 06:08:02 PM
Quote from: hondo2doc on May 15, 2023, 06:00:54 PM

Thank you sir. I'll share one nugget. I call it the spook quiver. When Peacock or bass for that matter, strike at lure, but for whatever reason miss. I gently move the spook to make it quiver, and appear stunned. The follow up blow up is sometimes more violent than the first attempt.  ~shhh ~shhh ~shhh ~shhh
Secret is good with me......I know nothing.....stupid is my natural. And what a great idea.

big g

Nice Lou.  They have to be one of the prettiest fish Mother Nature ever made, and with an attitude.  Good luck with the client.
(Fish) - P/B 11.4, Everglades, L67, L28, Little 67, Alligator Alley, Sawgrass, Holey Land, Loxahatchee, Ida, Osbourne, Okeechobee, Weston Lakes. Broward and Dade Canals.

Donald Garner

Lou, tks for sharing the trip and those pictures with us  ;)
Belton Texas part of God's Country
Stratos 285 Pro XL Yamaha 150 VMax; Lowrance Hook 7 Electronics; Minn Kota Foretrex Trolling Motor

G3 1548 Alwed Jon boat Yamaha 25hp outboard 

J.W.

Nice! Those peacocks sure are some cool looking fish.

I'm gonna have to try the "Spook quiver" on some largemouth. Thanks for the pics.