April 2018 UB IBASS tourney official thread

Started by zippyduck, March 01, 2018, 12:00:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pacific NW Ron

Some nice looking fish being caught by some of you.  My first outing didn't get me an entry.  Next possible nice day in the forecast for me to attempt a second shot at it is next Thursday.  Maybe after next Thursday if the weather holds  I'll be a player this month.
Enjoying retirement in the great Pacific Northwest.  I've turned into a fair weather angler.  Why do it today when I can do it tomorrow?

ItsJason

Our weather just getting worse and worse. 60mph gust yeaterday, continuing today except now they've changed the forecast for tomorrow from rain to snow, with a high of 34. There goes prespawn. Heck we might even start to go solid again.

Sent from my SM-T237P using Tapatalk

zippyduck

Standings

COOL CASTERS

Zippyduck.            90.00"     BF 20.00"
ACWatkins.           70.75"
ItsJason.               66.00"
NoExcuses.          63.75"
Bassmanstan.      43.25"

HOT RODDERS

D.W.Verts               101.75"
Nutoy                        95.50"       BF 22.50"
SteveTX                    92.75"   
Fishindaddy.            92.50"
HTTR                        91.75"
TR21PDCTampa     81.75"
Kawidaddy               75.00"
SFLbasshunter.       73.75"
Mike Cork.                38.50"
Blacknredflake.       19.50"
MajorKong               15.00"
Steelhorsecowboy  06.75"
3rd place 2017 UB IBASS 377.75"
AOY 2018 IBASS Cool Casters  369.00"
AOY 2019 IBASS Cool Casters  362.50"

Mike Cork

I better get with it. Bass Life Banquet is over so I can start fishing again :toot:

Looks like I'm gonna have to make the century mark just to compete this month :surrender:

Fishing is more than just a hobby

Dobyns Rods - Monster Fishing Tackle
Cork's Reel Service

SteelHorseCowboy

I haven't been bass fishing but once since catching that 6.75" minnow, and didn't catch a bass when I did!

It's looking like a busy end of the week and weekend headed my way too, so no fishing expected. Doesn't mean a few spare hours won't magically land in my lap, but even if it does I may be too tired.

Also, the camera on my phone has taken a dump. No clue what's wrong with it, I've tried everything I can think of, even a complete restore. My phone is getting old and glitchy, but a restore should still cure most problems.

So, looks like I'm out for now, until/unless I get a new phone or get this one working right. But if the Hot Rodders out-do the Cool Casters by exactly 6.75", you're welcome! Lol!

Smallie_Stalker

Quote from: Mike Cork on April 11, 2018, 12:45:53 PM
I better get with it. Bass Life Banquet is over so I can start fishing again :toot:

Looks like I'm gonna have to make the century mark just to compete this month :surrender:

Sounds doable in your neck of the woods Mike.  ~bb
Dobyns Rods   Titan Tungsten   Abu Garcia  Berkley  Pflueger  Spiderwire

Lipripper

Quote from: SteelHorseCowboy on April 11, 2018, 01:56:10 PM
I haven't been bass fishing but once since catching that 6.75" minnow, and didn't catch a bass when I did!

It's looking like a busy end of the week and weekend headed my way too, so no fishing expected. Doesn't mean a few spare hours won't magically land in my lap, but even if it does I may be too tired.

Also, the camera on my phone has taken a dump. No clue what's wrong with it, I've tried everything I can think of, even a complete restore. My phone is getting old and glitchy, but a restore should still cure most problems.

So, looks like I'm out for now, until/unless I get a new phone or get this one working right. But if the Hot Rodders out-do the Cool Casters by exactly 6.75", you're welcome! Lol!
If you can figure out how to get it unlocked from AT&T I have that phone I offered to Anal in another thread just setting up in my closet.
Oh I went out again this morning for a couple of hours and still no bites but I did see a 7" er jumping out of the water but only problem was it was a carp and I hooked one of the scales off it so I know it was a carp and not a Bass. ~roflmao ~roflmao

Kats Rule And Bass Drool.Viet Nam Vet

D.W. Verts

Zippy, here's my first cull-

Thank you, sir.
Old School Bass Fishin' with D.W. Verts on YOUTUBE!
Solar Bat Sunglasses Pro Staff

HTTR

Two culls 20 1/2" 17 1/2

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

zippyduck

Dale congrats on the first century mark of 2018.  ~c~

HTTR nice upgrades.

zippyduck

Added a 17.25

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Lipripper

Way to go Dale  ~c~ ~c~ Y'all are posting some nice fish. I can't wait to set my first one of the year.

Kats Rule And Bass Drool.Viet Nam Vet

D.W. Verts

~bb
Quote from: Lipripper on April 12, 2018, 01:08:19 PM
Way to go Dale  ~c~ ~c~ Y'all are posting some nice fish. I can't wait to set my first one of the year.

Good luck sir- you'll smack a few before it's all over.

For your consideration, Mr. Duck, my next cull-

It might go 20-1/4", but the shot doesn't show it very clear (it has one of those split tails with the longer lobe on the bottom). As tough as fishin' is, I'll settle for another twenty incher.

Thank you.

Blacknredflake

On the board for the Hot Rodders finally!!

Pics dont do justice. A tank!! When i picked her up I thought for sure over 5lbs but only 3.61. Good solid chunk. Right at 19.5 inches.

Crushed a White Stump Thumper from NTX Custom Baits.

Will be getting a better ruler before my next outing.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

BITE THE DAMN WORM!

Mike Cork

Okay let's get on the board. Caught a bunch but most were only 15 inches or so. Since were looking at a century mark already we'll just open with these two. All bass came on a frog. This weather is making it hard on me...

19 even

Dobyns Rods - "when fishing is more than a hobby"

Monster Fishing Tackle - Mister Twister

Cork's Reel Service

D.W. Verts

Hmmm... TWO hands on the fish. But you still take a picture. You are one talented dude, sir!

Captsteve

Quote from: Mike Cork on April 11, 2018, 12:45:53 PM

Hurry up

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Steve
Headed for the Lake

Mike Cork

Quote from: D.W. Verts on April 13, 2018, 05:13:52 PM
Hmmm... TWO hands on the fish. But you still take a picture. You are one talented dude, sir!

Mother helps when it's a tournament weigh in ;)

Dobyns Rods - "when fishing is more than a hobby"

Monster Fishing Tackle - Mister Twister

Cork's Reel Service

Captsteve

Quote from: D.W. Verts on April 13, 2018, 05:13:52 PM
and you thought he was majic

Steve
Headed for the Lake

D.W. Verts

Sweet. Measuring fish like this is a trick. I've found out while bank fishin' that gettin' 'em LEVEL is the hardest part. They wanna slide around while I'm tryin' to get a camera.

Look at the difference between these pre and post-spawn fish. Actually, the ones that have already laid eggs will be a little longer.

D.W. Verts

Quote from: Captsteve on April 13, 2018, 05:22:23 PM
and you thought he was majic

Oh, I know he's magic. My 100" is not safe. Not at all.

bassmanstan

Got 1 this afternoon 14.75". Fishin was tough today, got the boat out for about 4 hours and only caught this one and 2 fat pickerel.

zippyduck

Added a 17.5, 17, and a 14.75

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

D.W. Verts

HTTR

Interesting I've never seen that before. Nice fish zippyduck.