Made In USA Lure & Tackle List

Started by Esox obsessed, November 27, 2022, 10:09:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Esox obsessed

Was hoping to start a Made In USA Lures & Tackle List
Please leave either a hyperlink or at least a link to their official website when possible if you have a suggestion for recategorizing or if i missed a category please let me know
THIS IS NOT A PLACE FOR POLITICAL DISCUSSION BUT A LIST TO BRING ATTENTION FOR LURES & TACKLE MADE IN USA

Crankbaits

Jerkbaits

Jigs/Jigheads

Spinners

Mr B Spinners

Soft Plastics

Big Bite Baits

Bitter Bites

Gary Yamamoto

Spoons

Eppinger Daredevle

Terminal Tackle

Worth Split Rings

Topwater

BassmanRudy

Are we talking "made" or "assembled"?? I know some really small tackle companies who assemble the lures here but components still come from wherever...
"Rudy"
I use Mister Twister Baits!
www.mistertwister.com

Esox obsessed

Quote from: BassmanRudy on November 27, 2022, 10:46:18 AM
Are we talking "made" or "assembled"?? I know some really small tackle companies who assemble the lures here but components still come from wherever...
I didnt actually think about that do you want to include them

Smallie_Stalker

Unfortunately most of the big companies do this too Rudy.

Es"woops", this subject comes up at least once a year so using the search feature you can find a lot of info and save people time having to repeat information and photos.

The bottom line is this: the majority of companies that claim made in the U.S.A. get their materials from somewhere overseas (mostly China) and then assemble them here. So assembled in the U.S.A  is what you get with few exceptions.

Rudy was right on the money.

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk

Dobyns Rods   Titan Tungsten   Abu Garcia  Berkley  Pflueger  Spiderwire

Esox obsessed

Quote from: Smallie_Stalker on November 27, 2022, 11:03:39 AM
Unfortunately most of the big companies do this too Rudy.

Es"woops", this subject comes up at least once a year so using the search feature you can find a lot of info and save people time having to repeat information and photos.

The bottom line is this: the majority of companies that claim made in the U.S.A. get their materials from somewhere overseas (mostly China) and then assemble them here. So assembled in the U.S.A  is what you get with few exceptions.

Rudy was right on the money.

to be made in usa at least 50% of the materials has to be US parts so its better then nothing

But i guess not on assembled in usa unless you cant find anything

bigjim5589

Unfortunately, many of the components are no longer made in the US at all, so parts are only available from offshore. For example, jig skirt materials are now only made in China or Vietnam.

There's only one hook maker in the US, Eagle Claw, and except for their Trokar brand, not a lot folks consider EC as a premium brand, so other brands, made in other countries, have become more in demand and popular.  Gamakatsu, Owner and Mustad are very popular, with Mustad now being made in China, and the other two in Japan. VMC are still made in France, and Victory hooks are made in China. There are hooks made in S. Korea too.

Spinner blades & other such parts are still available from US manufacturers, but all the hard plastic lures are now produced offshore. There's plenty of soft bait makers in the US, although I'm not sure all the plastisol is produced here.

So, it's not easy to find many 100% made in the USA lures now, simply because the various component parts are not all produced here.
Fanatical Fly Tyer & Tackle Maker!  It's An OBSESSION!!  J. Hester Fly & Tackle Co. LLC.

Esox obsessed

Quote from: bigjim5589 on November 27, 2022, 04:39:16 PM
Unfortunately, many of the components are no longer made in the US at all, so parts are only available from offshore. For example, jig skirt materials are now only made in China or Vietnam.

There's only one hook maker in the US, Eagle Claw, and except for their Trokar brand, not a lot folks consider EC as a premium brand, so other brands, made in other countries, have become more in demand and popular.  Gamakatsu, Owner and Mustad are very popular, with Mustad now being made in China, and the other two in Japan. VMC are still made in France, and Victory hooks are made in China. There are hooks made in S. Korea too.

Spinner blades & other such parts are still available from US manufacturers, but all the hard plastic lures are now produced offshore. There's plenty of soft bait makers in the US, although I'm not sure all the plastisol is produced here.

So, it's not easy to find many 100% made in the USA lures now, simply because the various component parts are not all produced here.

True but if we start buying made in usa it will encourage other companies to move back if enough people do it

Smallie_Stalker

Quote from: Esox obsessed on November 27, 2022, 04:41:42 PM
Quote from: bigjim5589 on November 27, 2022, 04:39:16 PM

True but if we start buying made in usa it will encourage other companies to move back if enough people do it
II used to think that way too when I was younger and I so wish it was the case. Unfortunately, without bringing politics into the discussion we can't discuss the many reasons why companies won't or in some cases can't come back to 100% made in the U.S.A. It has nothing to do with how many people buy from a "Made in the U.S.A. company.

Sad, but true.

Dobyns Rods   Titan Tungsten   Abu Garcia  Berkley  Pflueger  Spiderwire

Esox obsessed

Added worth split rings which you can buy in the thouusands and the price range will be from $.03-$.10 a ring
They also give discounts if you buy in millions

FlatsNBay

Big Bite Baits
Bitters Baits

Sent from my moto e5 play using Tapatalk

Esox obsessed

Quote from: FlatsNBay on March 12, 2023, 09:04:44 AM
Big Bite Baits
Bitters Baits

Sent from my moto e5 play using Tapatalk

Added them thank you very much

loomisguy

Jewell pours and assembles jigs down the road in Arkansas. I live across the road from Gene Larew's old place but of course its long been sold and I believe they were in Oklahoma at one time not sure about now.
Cliff Pace has Black label Balsa, I understand he has Ed Chambers old duplicators after he passed.
He owned Zoom as well as making the WEC crankbaits.
Ernest Langley (E&L jigs are made here and he makes outstanding stuff.
There is a bunch of flat side crankbait makers in East Tennessee.
I'd be surprised if there are any companies making plastic crankbaits here, But Mike Russell at Bag 5 baits uses blanks from different manufacturers. I just got 35 baits from him and they are a work of art.

Hobious

I've been shopping Japan. I like the originality of some of the stuff, before some other company plagiarizes the idea.  :D

but Mister B baits are USA made.  local to me. 

Esox obsessed

Quote from: Hobious on March 14, 2023, 11:08:08 AM
I've been shopping Japan. I like the originality of some of the stuff, before some other company plagiarizes the idea.  :D

but Mister B baits are USA made.  local to me.
What category should i put them other also i came across mr b spinners as well which is also made in usa and they arent related to each other so thank you very much