Expensive exercise program

Started by DonM, August 13, 2019, 08:44:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DonM

I had the bright idea that, instead of joining a gym, I'd just go to Bass Pro, make a couple of laps around the store, climb the stairs to the second floor a few times, and save the $40 a month charge at the gym.
Guess what, the gym doesn't sell fishin' stuff.  I'd have been WAY ahead to go there!  :)
DonM

apenland01

zippyduck

Don,

We all know all too well that you knew what you were getting yourself into. Trying to make it sound innocent doesn't make it so.  lo
3rd place 2017 UB IBASS 377.75"
AOY 2018 IBASS Cool Casters  369.00"
AOY 2019 IBASS Cool Casters  362.50"

Bassinkorea

I am absolutely certain you would not be saving $40   :help:

Maybe swimming in the gater pool out the front of your BPS would get you in shape real quick if you could out swim the gaters  lo
2020 IBASS Gold - Zone 2 - AOY
2020 IBASS Classic - Winner
2020 IBASS Team Tourney - Winner (with FD)

DonM

Quote from: Bassinkorea on August 14, 2019, 12:03:39 AM
I am absolutely certain you would not be saving $40   :help:

Maybe swimming in the gater pool out the front of your BPS would get you in shape real quick if you could out swim the gaters  lo
WOOOH, I hadn't thought of that!  :)
DonM

Mike Cork

Fishing is more than just a hobby

Dobyns Rods - Monster Fishing Tackle
Cork's Reel Service

coldfront

Quote from: DonM on August 13, 2019, 08:44:25 PM
I had the bright idea that, instead of joining a gym, I'd just go to Bass Pro, make a couple of laps around the store, climb the stairs to the second floor a few times, and save the $40 a month charge at the gym.
Guess what, the gym doesn't sell fishin' stuff.  I'd have been WAY ahead to go there!  :)

where you missed out was on two key strategies
1. park as far from the store as possible = not just closest empty parking stall
2. place your wallet IN the trunk and shut it.

enter store.

DonM

Quote from: coldfront on August 14, 2019, 03:04:11 PM
where you missed out was on two key strategies
1. park as far from the store as possible = not just closest empty parking stall
2. place your wallet IN the trunk and shut it.

enter store.
But-but...what if there is a SALE going on?  :)
DonM

Oldfart9999

The gym requires daily attendance, multiply that by what you saved buying on sale and see what you saved then.
Rodney
Old Fishermen never die, their rods just go limp.

Smallie_Stalker

You should have taken your wife with you. If she's anything like mine she would have talked the whole time, distracting my attention from the deals and sales. Then if I managed to actually notice something and pick it up a whole new conversation would have started on her end.  ;) ~shade
Dobyns Rods   Titan Tungsten   Abu Garcia  Berkley  Pflueger  Spiderwire

coldfront

Quote from: DonM on August 14, 2019, 08:34:58 PM
But-but...what if there is a SALE going on?  :)

Don, all I can do is give my best advice.  it's up to you what you do with it.  of course, the value of my advice is directly tied to how much you paid me for it.   lo

as for BPS:  I have never purchased anything I WANTED that was on sale there.  Seems it's primarily store brands that go 'on sale'.

~shhh

DonM

I have two items to return today, because they didn't fit on my new boat.  I wonder how much that will cost me?  :)
DonM