June 2018 IBASS BS thread

Started by zippyduck, May 31, 2018, 11:16:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SFL BassHunter

Quote from: SteveTX on June 11, 2018, 10:25:12 AM
PI glanced at the scores and was supprised you didn't blow past my score. I think last month some got a 1" bonus too but I didn't read up to see why as I was one of the ones who got the bonus.  lo I haven't been feeling well so my fishing has slowed er stopped for a few days. Stupid flu bug.
I haven't been fishing much Steve. At least not as much as I did last season. Life and Weather have interfered quite a bit.
I've lost the big fish mojo and need to get it back.
PB: 6lbs 5oz / 24.25 inches.
Rods/Reels Dobyns, 13 Fishing, Cabelas Arachnid, Daiwa Tatula CT, Tatula SVTW, Tatula Tactical, Tatula Type R
Florida Bass Fishing

zippyduck

WOW look who showed up this month.  8) And in style also. Nice bag so far Mike.  ~c~
3rd place 2017 UB IBASS 377.75"
AOY 2018 IBASS Cool Casters  369.00"
AOY 2019 IBASS Cool Casters  362.50"

D.W. Verts

I think he needs docked about three inches for those TOES...

Good ones, son!
Old School Bass Fishin' with D.W. Verts on YOUTUBE!
Solar Bat Sunglasses Pro Staff

SteveTX

I hear ya about life and weather BassHunter. The weather has really messed up the normal for the fish here as well. Seems everything is a little later and erratic. One day they are doing about normal and about the time you think things are settling in nope they aren't. I was killing it on top water here a month earlier last year and yet they seem to be barely interested right now.  :( Not to mention work has been busier for me as well so a little less fishing time.

Got to hand it to Mike those are some fattys. That 19" one looks bigger weight wise than the longer fatty in the pic of course. Well done on breaking 100"  ~c~ 

I was expecting you or one of the other guys to show up with some nice ones. And sure enough those are indeed some nice bass. Mike what are you fishing mainly right now? Have the mats started to hold fish over there?

Nutoy

WTG Mike!!!  ~c~ ~c~

My Toledo bite has all but dried up.
That and the fact we are flat out WACKING the Crappie right now.

I better get off my butt and try to add something to the bag soon.

Lipripper

Kats Rule And Bass Drool.Viet Nam Vet

zippyduck

SteveTX

SteveTX

Had a great father day catching loads of fish and scored theses two 5lbers. Life is good.  ;D

D.W. Verts

Good on you Steve for hittin' the Century mark!

zippyduck

Very nice Steve! I also had a good fathers day and caught fish but no upgrades.

fishballer06

Well boys, looks like Lake Erie got the best of me once again.... Sigh..
3rd place 2019 iBass - Cool Casters
2nd place 2019 iBass - Team Tournament

Lipripper

Way to go Steve and congratulation on reaching the Century mark ~c~ ~c~

Quote from: fishballer06 on June 18, 2018, 07:50:00 AM
Tell us about it did you catch a polecat.

zippyduck

Quote from: fishballer06 on June 18, 2018, 07:50:00 AM

Someday I am going to have to show you all the good spots there. Till then keep trying it is an easy place to catch bass. It really is but its diffrent than any where else.

fishballer06

Quote from: Lipripper on June 18, 2018, 10:01:19 AM
Tell us about it did you catch a polecat.
So many drum... The lake is overrun with them right now.

Quote from: zippyduck on June 18, 2018, 11:24:53 AM
Someday I am going to have to show you all the good spots there. Till then keep trying it is an easy place to catch bass. It really is but its diffrent than any where else.
I felt like we were in good areas, just couldn't make it come together. And the folks that took home a check, went out and fished the main lake. Conversely, every person who didn't have a fish to weigh in, also went out and fished the main lake.
3rd place 2019 iBass - Cool Casters
2nd place 2019 iBass - Team Tournament

D.W. Verts

It dawned on me today just how late in the month it's getting. I've only been fishin' five times so far, and not once for more than a few hours. And two of those times were on the big Lake where I haven't fished since 2013. Okay, enough excuses.

I did go back to the LOZ yesterday- got my SmartCraft system hooked up, then went and ran the boat to check RPM, water pressure etc. And I did fish a little. Never connected with anything over 17", and I swore I wasn't going to measure any fish under 18" for IBass. DumBASS.

So I went to a pond this evening for what well could be the last time. The owners have sold and are moving- he said he'd put in a good word for me with the new folks, but only time will tell.

So the first three bass I catch are 17" or so (I didn't measure them). Then I blow a six-plus right at the boat on a frog. Dang.

Finally I decide to measure some fish, and ended up with three little ones.

I need to get my act together. June is usually one of my better months. We have rain forecast on and off all week (and we really need it). Maybe that'll put me in the mood to give up work and go fishin'.

Maybe.

Oh yeah, side note. I caught almost all of my fish deeper than 20' yesterday evening, all the way down to 35'. So I stopped at a spot near the launch ramp and throw a Chug Bug a little about 8:30. Thought maybe I'd have a little fun. I fished about a hundred yards of bank and docks without nothin' happenin', and this used to be a pretty good spot for what I was a-doin'.

Then I tossed the bait into the mouth of a boat well in about ten feet of water and commence to workin' it back. All the sudden the water boils UP behind the dang thing and I thought "watch out IBass, here we GO!"

Really. I had time to think that.

My heart jumped as the enormous surge of water overcame my lure, than a dad-blame OTTER pokes his head out! CRAP! I yanked it away from him as fast as I could. Sheeesh...

I gave it up. I found out years ago that I couldn't compete with Musky if they moved in. That'll ruin a bass hole quick as anything. I'm pretty sure Otter will be the same way, or worse.

And that's my story.

zippyduck

Dale,

You have a way of making normal days of fishing interesting. Not that you would know normal.  lo

D.W. Verts

Ain't never been nothin' like normal.

Nutoy

Quote from: D.W. Verts on June 19, 2018, 10:49:43 PM
And that's my story.

Sounds like you're having a month like me.
Told myself nothing under 17" get's posted, butttt, I'm starting to rethink that now. I'm stuck in dink mode.
I'd hate to not put something with that big un, so I better get busy.

Lipripper

Good story Dale and your right them otters will destroy a pond or small lake in a heat beat. ~sweat

D.W. Verts

Just posted another entry... I'm disappointed with Imgur for the first time. I tried to edit (rotate) my pics, but it keeps sending me to a pinterest-lookin' deal with a bunch of pics and junk from other folks.

Lipripper

Quote from: D.W. Verts on June 20, 2018, 04:03:36 PM
Just posted another entry... I'm disappointed with Imgur for the first time. I tried to edit (rotate) my pics, but it keeps sending me to a pinterest-lookin' deal with a bunch of pics and junk from other folks.
Hope you get it figured out and it starts working fore you again. If you get close to the dead line for posting your pictures and it still not working you can send them to me and I can post them for you.

D.W. Verts

zippyduck

Steve,

I hate to mention this but Mike is still in first with the biggest fish. He has a 22.25 and your best is 22.
Just giving you insentive. Go get him.

SteveTX

Quote from: zippyduck on June 20, 2018, 10:13:10 PM
Steve,

I hate to mention this but Mike is still in first with the biggest fish. He has a 22.25 and your best is 22.
Just giving you insentive. Go get him.
Oh I was just meaning so far in length we would be tied. But yeah its all good I just got out a few hrs this evening. I am hoping to put a few bigger fish on there before the end of the month. I was just messing around thought it was funny for 1/4"  lo