Florida Fishbooking 2014

Started by LgMouthGambler, January 19, 2014, 05:27:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LgMouthGambler

Since a few people have followed me to this site, Lou and I have thought to bring this fun competition over here. We have done this on another site, and while most of the "main" people are also here, we are going to see if we can get some of you guys involved.

"Florida Bragging Rights"

This competition is based on the five biggest fish of the month. Yes, you have all month to gather your five biggest fish. How they are judged is not based on weight though, its based on the length. Here is how you get credit for the fish. Once the fish is caught you take a picture of the fish being measured on a measuring device. A few people have just used rulers, some have made their own devices(and quite inventive too), and some, including myself, have purchased the folding ruler from BPS for like $5. The pictures are then uploaded to the thread, and a little description of what you caught them on and maybe how you worked the bait. At the beginning of the week the numbers are added to the totals to post the standings so everyone knows where they are at for the month.

The whole purpose of the thread is to see how people are doing around the state, and what they are doing. Sometimes we will throw in a few curve balls to see what people will do in a given variable. We try to keep things fresh and interesting. The thread is not only full of pictures of fish that people have caught, but there are some pretty interesting conversations that may occur as well. I will say that since doing the competition, those of us that have stuck with it, like Lou, MCS, dsidle, gatorgirl, and myself, have become quite a close group. Since its hard to get any genuine information from the other site without bashing following soon behind, most have resorted to sticking to that thread. Well, at least here the can get the quality info they want, and thats why the have become members here.

The competition has been on a little hiatus recently, and we will start it back up soon. But for now we would just like to see who of all would be interested in joining in on the fun. Thank you for reading, and Lou and I look forward to playing again soon with you.

~cf
My wife says she is gonna leave me if I go fishing one more time........lord how I will miss that woman.

rovingmutt

the mutt has tracked you down, and will be watching, fishing will be slow this month but hope to be out to play by feb,
just a stick with a string tied to it

Deadeye

Might be a fun idea, I'll keep an eye on it and see how it goes.

Capt. BassinLou

As you can see I got the message.... LOl. Hey Mutt! Good to see you. LMG your making it happen, awesome. It's too bad we can't get started, and give the contest a trial run over here. I was telling MCS, just the other day, that I made the right decision in taking a break. I have been very busy lately, and I have not fished much.

Capt. BassinLou

Oh.... btw LMG, the title of the thread was great for our inaugural site.

MCS

What's up guys. New hang out is looking and feeling good.

Glad to see you here mutt.

Can't wait till it warms up. Chilly this morning suppose to headout to michaelt's spots tomorrow
Gonna throw a light Texas rig, rattlesnakes, centipede and fat Alberts. See how that does.

Romans 1:16    2 Corinthians 5:17     3 John 1:4
"I'm sorry. I'm not very tolerant when it comes to the liberals who complain about everything." Mike Ditka
"I'd like to know why well-educated idiots keep apologizing for lazy and complaining people who think the world owes them a living." John Wayne

OkeechobeeAngler

I'm in, now that I am back in Fl.

CountBassula

well well well who do we have here!

challenge accepted, gambler!
, , ,

LgMouthGambler

Mutt its good to see you here! Looks like the clan is slowly coming. Deadeye, its quite interesting indeed. Martin......well......its always good to have you around. Where's Gator?

~cf
My wife says she is gonna leave me if I go fishing one more time........lord how I will miss that woman.

MCS

Quote from: CountBassula on January 19, 2014, 12:50:34 PM

Dzien dobry my vodka supplying comrade!
"I'm sorry. I'm not very tolerant when it comes to the liberals who complain about everything." Mike Ditka
"I'd like to know why well-educated idiots keep apologizing for lazy and complaining people who think the world owes them a living." John Wayne

MCS

Quote from: Deadeye on January 19, 2014, 07:45:30 AM
Might be a fun idea, I'll keep an eye on it and see how it goes.

Best part for me is chatting and seeing the what where when and how other folks are doing it, also sharing my go to baits and tricks. You'll see.

Capt. BassinLou

Quote from: CountBassula on January 19, 2014, 12:50:34 PM

Hey you sound like a guy I know..... LOl.... What's up buddy!!

Capt. BassinLou

Quote from: LgMouthGambler on January 19, 2014, 01:55:47 PM
Mutt its good to see you here! Looks like the clan is slowly coming. Deadeye, its quite interesting indeed. Martin......well......its always good to have you around. Where's Gator?

~cf

We probably will not see or here from Gator, remember her wedding is quickly approaching. She might pop in and say hi.

OkeechobeeAngler

I'll be going out tomorrow. Prolly throw some soft swimbaits and may try a jerk bait.

MCS

Anybody buying stuff from dicks soon? If so pm me I can help you out. Needs to be at least $50 and in store.

Good luck chobeeangler, what's the temps at down your way?
I am looking at low 40's in the am Tuesday closer to 50.

OkeechobeeAngler

Looking at a high of 72 tomorrow. Nothing happening the last few days due to the cold. Firgure they might be active tomorrow.

MCS

Yeah I am hoping so too weather has at least been consistent for a few days I wish I could fish the evening versus the morning to enjoy the warmer temps. Now I know in July and August y'all will be hating me lol

LgMouthGambler

Went out today with the wife's Papa. Even though it was a bit cold, we surprisingly did pretty well. It was a light weight small bait presentation. Caught a lot with brush hogs and lizards. Mostly used the T3 with the 12# Cajun line, kind of like Ultra Light fishing for me. Most of the fish were in the 2-4# range, but was good fun. Totaled close to 40 fish between the 2 of us. Was a nice South Florida day on Lake Coral Springs.

~cf

MCS

Quote from: LgMouthGambler on January 19, 2014, 07:13:49 PM
Went out today with the wife's Papa. Even though it was a bit cold, we surprisingly did pretty well. It was a light weight small bait presentation. Caught a lot with brush hogs and lizards. Mostly used the T3 with the 12# Cajun line, kind of like Ultra Light fishing for me. Most of the fish were in the 2-4# range, but was good fun. Totaled close to 40 fish between the 2 of us. Was a nice South Florida day on Lake Coral Springs.

~cf

40 fish most in the 2-4 range heck yeah that sounds like a blast! Nice work!
Sounds like what I have in mind for tomorrow hope I get similar results

Deadeye

Quote from: LgMouthGambler on January 19, 2014, 07:13:49 PM

~cf

Heck yeah nothing wrong with that!

MCS

43 and foggy this morning. Hit my buddies ace spot and nothing doing, spooked a few clod hopping around. He landed a couple small ones, sun was just peaking through the trees when I left, he staid to work my side, so I wonder if he finally hooked into a nice fish or two. freaking cold tho.

Update
He lasted another hour and no more bites.

OkeechobeeAngler

I'm going around 3pm. I'll post what ever happens.

Capt. BassinLou

Hey LGM!! You I won the Livingston lure drawing. That's so cool!!

MCS

Quote from: Bassinlou on January 20, 2014, 12:22:58 PM

Play the lotto Lou that is two contests this month LOL You are on a roll!

LgMouthGambler

Quote from: Bassinlou on January 20, 2014, 12:22:58 PM

Been here a while, 1st thing I won, lol. Brings a little light to this damn Monday.

~cf