Florida Fishbooking 2014

Started by LgMouthGambler, January 19, 2014, 05:27:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Capt. BassinLou

Quote from: MCS on January 20, 2014, 12:52:29 PM
Play the lotto Lou that is two contests this month LOL You are on a roll!

LOL... I have and nothing. I play these contest and I win. I'll take it. It makes me all giddy like a little kid who just won a raffle.

Capt. BassinLou

Quote from: LgMouthGambler on January 20, 2014, 01:08:49 PM
Been here a while, 1st thing I won, lol. Brings a little light to this damn Monday.

~cf

Uh...oh.... sounds like crappy Monday

LgMouthGambler

Quote from: Bassinlou on January 20, 2014, 01:20:07 PM
Uh...oh.... sounds like crappy Monday

"Sounds like somebodies got a case of the Mondays"-Office Space

~cf
My wife says she is gonna leave me if I go fishing one more time........lord how I will miss that woman.

Capt. BassinLou

Quote from: LgMouthGambler on January 20, 2014, 01:36:44 PM
"Sounds like somebodies got a case of the Mondays"-Office Space

~cf

LOL... awesome movie... um you have my stapler.... LOL....

OkeechobeeAngler

Went from 3~5 caught two dinkers. Gonna try again tomorrow.

rovingmutt

hey lou and Lm congrats on the contest win, i just signed up for the 3 new contests.  this is cool fishing and contest too ;D ~cf
just a stick with a string tied to it

CountBassula

sup guys!

hey MCS, my Mom is flying in in few months, let me know if you need any Polish liquor :)
, , ,

MCS

Quote from: OkeechobeeAngler on January 20, 2014, 05:37:36 PM
Went from 3~5 caught two dinkers. Gonna try again tomorrow.

Sounds like the bass celebrated a federal holiday on us today lol Hope they are back to work tomorrow lol Plan on hitting the spot that produced my avatar. Typically a trick worm or rapala water. Gonna try jigs and maybe spinnerbaits really slow
Romans 1:16    2 Corinthians 5:17     3 John 1:4
"I'm sorry. I'm not very tolerant when it comes to the liberals who complain about everything." Mike Ditka
"I'd like to know why well-educated idiots keep apologizing for lazy and complaining people who think the world owes them a living." John Wayne

Capt. BassinLou

Quote from: rovingmutt on January 20, 2014, 05:58:22 PM
hey lou and Lm congrats on the contest win, i just signed up for the 3 new contests.  this is cool fishing and contest too ;D ~cf

Thanks Mutt. I can't wait to see which bait I got. I was telling MCS hopefully the color relates to my area. I also signed up for 2 out of 3 new contests. That idea is so cool.

Capt. BassinLou

Quote from: CountBassula on January 20, 2014, 06:06:43 PM
sup guys!

hey MCS, my Mom is flying in in few months, let me know if you need any Polish liquor :)

What's up Count!! So what made you go with this name?? Trying to stay incognito? Can you introduce a vid on this site? Look into it. That will make us feel right at home. LOL.

LgMouthGambler

Quote from: Bassinlou on January 20, 2014, 07:28:57 PM
What's up Count!! So what made you go with this name?? Trying to stay incognito? Can you introduce a vid on this site? Look into it. That will make us feel right at home. LOL.

Yes he needs to change his name. Martin was soo much.....well.....Martin, lol. The contests here are cool. They also give away some nice things. The sponsors are amazing, and we really are a tight group here. I'm glad you guys gave it a chance. I know Mike is really happy to have you. The man you need to talk to about rods and reels is Ron. You might know him from Valley Sports. Trust me you won't be disappointed. Any questions you have feel free to ask. We don't judge here and after all we are here to learn. I can't wait to get this thing rolling again, especially in a new field. Lou, you and I have a bit of planning to do to make this interesting, lol. Martin......well.......you know what to do. And I will see you next weekend. We need to get the word to Gator, even though she will be absent for a bit. Now I can't hide anymore, lol.
My wife says she is gonna leave me if I go fishing one more time........lord how I will miss that woman.

bostonsox04

Florida Fishbooking huh.. I like the new name! Speaking of contests, we had our annual Christmas cruise for my company and I won 500 bucks in the raffle! Hello new fishing gear. First "contest" I've ever won!

MCS

Quote from: bostonsox04 on January 21, 2014, 07:51:50 AM
Florida Fishbooking huh.. I like the new name! Speaking of contests, we had our annual Christmas cruise for my company and I won 500 bucks in the raffle! Hello new fishing gear. First "contest" I've ever won!

That is awesome congrats! You can get yourself some nice gear with that amount.
"I'm sorry. I'm not very tolerant when it comes to the liberals who complain about everything." Mike Ditka
"I'd like to know why well-educated idiots keep apologizing for lazy and complaining people who think the world owes them a living." John Wayne

MCS

Well my morning didn't start off so well. Broken water main from 1:30 in the afternoon to 1:30 am.
Had to catch up on a few things around the house, off to my spot where I landed my avatar and a few others in the 4 or 5 range.....get to it, what is that thing sticking in the water...Haven't been in a few months...NO FISHING.....WTF I have fished here and seen other ocasionally fish for the last 2 yrs since I moved here...make a few casts, had a bump but I split, don't like being a douche bag that is disregarding the rules. Now here is my rant  ~xyz ~rant ^-^ What is wrong with people today?!?! It is recreationally acceptable to smoke weed but F%$# fishing that S$%# needs to be stopped! And I like to thank all the other anglers out there, who aid in getting these signs place by leaving your line, used plastics or just being ignorant like fishing behind someones house or parking up on the grass because you don't want to park down the street(seen it at this particular spot) . Thanks for screwing the people that just want to be left alone and fish ~c~ .......~rant ~rant Rant over. Went to the spot up the road, it can be feast or famine there, get nothing or a whole lot of pot belly ones or two, then there is the ocasional 5 plus that you drag up. Well it was a famine day. Got there about 6:30 threw a jig for about 30 until the turtles stole the claws. Sun peaking up saw a few busting the surface, had a spinner bait so I gave that a go, fast slow top bottom over grass by culverts. Notta.....Supposed to be cold next couple days, looks like my next outting will be Friday

LgMouthGambler

Whats up BoSox!

~cf

LgMouthGambler

Quote from: MCS on January 21, 2014, 08:08:48 AM
Well my morning didn't start off so well. Broken water main from 1:30 in the afternoon to 1:30 am.
Had to catch up on a few things around the house, off to my spot where I landed my avatar and a few others in the 4 or 5 range.....get to it, what is that thing sticking in the water...Haven't been in a few months...NO FISHING.....WTF I have fished here and seen other ocasionally fish for the last 2 yrs since I moved here...make a few casts, had a bump but I split, don't like being a douche bag that is disregarding the rules. Now here is my rant  ~xyz ~rant ^-^ What is wrong with people today?!?! It is recreationally acceptable to smoke weed but F%$# fishing that S$%# needs to be stopped! And I like to thank all the other anglers out there, who aid in getting these signs place by leaving your line, used plastics or just being ignorant like fishing behind someones house or parking up on the grass because you don't want to park down the street(seen it at this particular spot) . Thanks for screwing the people that just want to be left alone and fish ~c~ .......~rant ~rant Rant over. Went to the spot up the road, it can be feast or famine there, get nothing or a whole lot of pot belly ones or two, then there is the ocasional 5 plus that you drag up. Well it was a famine day. Got there about 6:30 threw a jig for about 30 until the turtles stole the claws. Sun peaking up saw a few busting the surface, had a spinner bait so I gave that a go, fast slow top bottom over grass by culverts. Notta.....Supposed to be cold next couple days, looks like my next outting will be Friday

We have a lot of those signs down here to. I still fish them. Most people really don't bother me. Those signs are more meant for those "bucket fisherman" that bring their whole family there and leave their trash all over the place. Almost all the time I get asked if I was catching anything. They see someone that has a real fishing pole, they know you aren't there for grabs. I love it when I hook into something good that gives a nice fight, that's when people come out with curiosity to see what was bending the rod.

~cf

MCS

Quote from: LgMouthGambler on January 21, 2014, 08:31:50 AM
We have a lot of those signs down here to. I still fish them. Most people really don't bother me. Those signs are more meant for those "bucket fisherman" that bring their whole family there and leave their trash all over the place. Almost all the time I get asked if I was catching anything. They see someone that has a real fishing pole, they know you aren't there for grabs. I love it when I hook into something good that gives a nice fight, that's when people come out with curiosity to see what was bending the rod.

~cf

Yeah well I think this spot had 2 problems, someone (i have done it a few times but lost my lure) hooked the fountain rope and broke it and I think someone snagged the carp out of one pond.
It depends, I try not to push my luck at businesses. This place I might have stuck around as it was only one sign in the front....back half of the pond had no indication, also think they didn't like the fact of "outsiders" showing up. But the maintenance guy starts at like 7 so maybe on weekends I will hit it up early.

LgMouthGambler

Quote from: MCS on January 21, 2014, 09:21:21 AM
Yeah well I think this spot had 2 problems, someone (i have done it a few times but lost my lure) hooked the fountain rope and broke it and I think someone snagged the carp out of one pond.
It depends, I try not to push my luck at businesses. This place I might have stuck around as it was only one sign in the front....back half of the pond had no indication, also think they didn't like the fact of "outsiders" showing up. But the maintenance guy starts at like 7 so maybe on weekends I will hit it up early.

Do what I do, wear Fishouflage, then  you cant be seen.  ;D

~cf

Capt. BassinLou

What's up Boston!! Great to see you on here.

Capt. BassinLou

Quote from: LgMouthGambler on January 20, 2014, 08:42:57 PM
Yes he needs to change his name. Martin was soo much.....well.....Martin, lol. The contests here are cool. They also give away some nice things. The sponsors are amazing, and we really are a tight group here. I'm glad you guys gave it a chance. I know Mike is really happy to have you. The man you need to talk to about rods and reels is Ron. You might know him from Valley Sports. Trust me you won't be disappointed. Any questions you have feel free to ask. We don't judge here and after all we are here to learn. I can't wait to get this thing rolling again, especially in a new field. Lou, you and I have a bit of planning to do to make this interesting, lol. Martin......well.......you know what to do. And I will see you next weekend. We need to get the word to Gator, even though she will be absent for a bit. Now I can't hide anymore, lol.

LMG, you are right, when the time comes we definitely need to brain storm some. I am being approached about the contest and if I will be running both sites?? My answer was that I will be re-visiting the contest as May approaches. Right now I am focused on my upcoming season.

Capt. BassinLou

Quote from: MCS on January 21, 2014, 08:08:48 AM

Sorry about your spot MCS. I had a similar thing occur at the park I fish at. They have placed no fishing signs around the biggest and most productive lake because a ski boat company has a contract with that park and I guess they want to keep fisherman out. Sucks big time!! That lake holds some pigs!!

Capt. BassinLou

Went out for a little while this morning. When I got to the park the wind and rain began. I said screw it. I put on a rain coat that have in the car and I went fishing. It was slow. I convinced 3 little guys to bite, and then I had to get going. Idk, when I will go out again.

LgMouthGambler

Quote from: Bassinlou on January 21, 2014, 11:32:43 AM
LMG, you are right, when the time comes we definitely need to brain storm some. I am being approached about the contest and if I will be running both sites?? My answer was that I will be re-visiting the contest as May approaches. Right now I am focused on my upcoming season.

Run on both sites? Way too much work. Might as well get the rest of them over here, lol.

~cf

Capt. BassinLou

Quote from: LgMouthGambler on January 21, 2014, 11:40:56 AM
Run on both sites? Way too much work. Might as well get the rest of them over here, lol.

~cf

I enjoy the contests, but I am not going to be a slave to it. Again, when the time comes to re-visit we will plan it right. Besides at the current rate all the contestants will be here already. LOL.

OkeechobeeAngler