Florida Fishbooking 2014

Started by LgMouthGambler, January 19, 2014, 05:27:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MCS

Went out this morning hit the little pond with a blue herring war eagle and got two in 35 minutes, one was a pound-pound and half the other was 2 to 3 pounds. Nice way to start the day.
Romans 1:16    2 Corinthians 5:17     3 John 1:4
"I'm sorry. I'm not very tolerant when it comes to the liberals who complain about everything." Mike Ditka
"I'd like to know why well-educated idiots keep apologizing for lazy and complaining people who think the world owes them a living." John Wayne

Capt. BassinLou

Here is the pic of the wahoo I caught yesterday.

[attachment outdated - deleted by admin]

Capt. BassinLou

Whew!! it only took me 2 times to re-size this time. LOL.

LgMouthGambler

Quote from: Bassinlou on February 10, 2014, 11:04:08 AM
Here is the pic of the wahoo I caught yesterday.

Nice. Those are good eating.

~cf
My wife says she is gonna leave me if I go fishing one more time........lord how I will miss that woman.

Canesfan

rovingmutt

Wow, everyone is getting some fish, it's fun to read about what you guys are getting, I'm too busy to fish till saturday, way to go all.
just a stick with a string tied to it

West6550

I posted in Catch of the Day.. brought in a decent 5.3lber today and a two 1-2lbers.  Water was 60 compared to 67 earlier in the week and there was no wind... oddly enough it was warmer air temps as well.

MCS

I saw that West, nice catch. Maybe the lower temps had to do with the cool water from the rain?

So I went out today and had a skunkaroo. Nothing, not even a nibble.
spinnerbait and jig. Plan on tomorrow, front coming, hope bite is good.
"I'm sorry. I'm not very tolerant when it comes to the liberals who complain about everything." Mike Ditka
"I'd like to know why well-educated idiots keep apologizing for lazy and complaining people who think the world owes them a living." John Wayne

OkeechobeeAngler

Hopefully get a big one today.

LgMouthGambler

Quote from: OkeechobeeAngler on February 11, 2014, 01:14:12 PM
Hopefully get a big one today.

Those always do the trick. Find the beds and slow roll them in there. Wait for the "kabluwee!"

~cf
My wife says she is gonna leave me if I go fishing one more time........lord how I will miss that woman.

LgMouthGambler

MCS

Quote from: LgMouthGambler on February 11, 2014, 03:51:59 PM
My Zillion arrived today!

~cf

Sweet time to go after some snook!

Let me know when your ready to sell it lol

LgMouthGambler

Quote from: MCS on February 11, 2014, 07:21:46 PM
Sweet time to go after some snook!

Let me know when your ready to sell it lol

I don't think I am ever going to sell this thing. Holy crap this reel is amazing! I would get rid of the Tatula and the T3 first. This Zillion is a casting machine! 30# braid and on a Dobyns Savvy 704 for now, and it slings a 1/4oz bait a country mile. I thought the Tatula Type-R was good, this thing makes it look like a Abu Black Max. Given the pricing it should, and it does.

~cf

MCS

Quote from: LgMouthGambler on February 12, 2014, 07:38:28 AM
I don't think I am ever going to sell this thing. Holy crap this reel is amazing! I would get rid of the Tatula and the T3 first. This Zillion is a casting machine! 30# braid and on a Dobyns Savvy 704 for now, and it slings a 1/4oz bait a country mile. I thought the Tatula Type-R was good, this thing makes it look like a Abu Black Max. Given the pricing it should, and it does.

~cf

Now you make me want one even MORE!  ~b~

MCS

Went out this morning and got a nice one. Tossed a rattlesnake to a culvert.

[attachment outdated - deleted by admin]

LgMouthGambler

Quote from: MCS on February 12, 2014, 08:22:11 AM

Nice!

~cf

LgMouthGambler

Quote from: MCS on February 12, 2014, 08:21:18 AM
Now you make me want one even MORE!  ~b~

He has another one. I think he wants $200.

~cf

MCS

Quote from: LgMouthGambler on February 12, 2014, 08:30:52 AM
He has another one. I think he wants $200.

~cf

I might be able to muster up the cash for that but then I have a rod not worthy. Right now I am in the spot to get a decent 60-80 dollar rod, 40 or 50 in tackle and then take the 6' lightning and find a cheaper BC reel off ebay or on sale for 40-50 to get my son going on it/use as a lipless setup. I mean I could sell the Quantum I just got, but selling stuff is always a hassle. Never get what you want out of it.

LgMouthGambler

Quote from: MCS on February 12, 2014, 09:13:47 AM
I might be able to muster up the cash for that but then I have a rod not worthy. Right now I am in the spot to get a decent 60-80 dollar rod, 40 or 50 in tackle and then take the 6' lightning and find a cheaper BC reel off ebay or on sale for 40-50 to get my son going on it/use as a lipless setup. I mean I could sell the Quantum I just got, but selling stuff is always a hassle. Never get what you want out of it.

Why don't you wait for the Spring Classic at Bass Pro and get a Pro Qualifier for him. With the sale and the trade in you can get a great deal on a reel that is not a piece of  ^-^ that will hold up to anything he does and will last a long time.

As far as the Zillion, I was gonna get a Dobyns Champion for it, but then I saw the new Abu Volatile rod that is more suitable for doing both fresh and inshore fishing. Plus its got the EVA foam grips that I like more.

Just go for it, you cant take the money with you,  lo

~cf

MCS

Quote from: LgMouthGambler on February 12, 2014, 09:49:32 AM
Why don't you wait for the Spring Classic at Bass Pro and get a Pro Qualifier for him. With the sale and the trade in you can get a great deal on a reel that is not a piece of  ^-^ that will hold up to anything he does and will last a long time.

As far as the Zillion, I was gonna get a Dobyns Champion for it, but then I saw the new Abu Volatile rod that is more suitable for doing both fresh and inshore fishing. Plus its got the EVA foam grips that I like more.

Just go for it, you cant take the money with you,  lo

~cf

Yeah the Volatiles are nice rods for the the price. If I got it I would look for a coastal XG or Lowrider Salt personally, and the Volatile would be number 2 on my list. 

Yeah I looked at pro qualifiers. Do they usually drop them down to 79 or something at classic time? I have found some good deals on the out going Pfluegers and some deals on quantums. We will see. Man I don't have my $$$ yet so I can't count my chickens.

I know I can't take it with me, but my wife can take it from me  :'( :surrender: ~roflmao

LgMouthGambler

Quote from: MCS on February 12, 2014, 10:13:58 AM
Yeah the Volatiles are nice rods for the the price. If I got it I would look for a coastal XG or Lowrider Salt personally, and the Volatile would be number 2 on my list. 

Yeah I looked at pro qualifiers. Do they usually drop them down to 79 or something at classic time? I have found some good deals on the out going Pfluegers and some deals on quantums. We will see. Man I don't have my $$$ yet so I can't count my chickens.

I know I can't take it with me, but my wife can take it from me  :'( :surrender: ~roflmao

Yeah, they drop them like $20, then you also get the trade in credit too. I remember I had picked up one a while back for around $60.

~cf

Capt. BassinLou

Quote from: MCS on February 12, 2014, 08:22:11 AM

Nice chunk MCS!!

rovingmutt

MCS

Thanks Mutt and Lou.

Man I feel as though I should have went out today. 43 BUT WINDY which made me say no, however the clouds were perfect for fishing and I had some of my bes times in weather like this...it was only warmer.

rovingmutt

Going out saturday all day, Joe says he needs to go fishing :)  hope we get a few ~cf