Florida Fishbooking 2014

Started by LgMouthGambler, January 19, 2014, 05:27:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LgMouthGambler

Quote from: West6550 on February 28, 2014, 05:16:22 PM
Look at this lol. My BPS order from 2/21.  Shipped via USPS.  Also note I live in central Florida lol

- Electronic Shipping Info Received, February 20, 2014
- Processed through USPS Sort Facility, February 24, 2014, 10:49 am, JACKSONVILLE, FL 32099
- Depart USPS Sort Facility, February 25, 2014, JACKSONVILLE, FL 32099
- Processed through USPS Sort Facility, February 26, 2014, 4:31 pm, MEMPHIS, TN 38136
- Depart USPS Sort Facility, February 26, 2014, MEMPHIS, TN 38136

What are they doing??? Lol

Oops. Somebody made a boo boo.
~cf
My wife says she is gonna leave me if I go fishing one more time........lord how I will miss that woman.

West6550

Back in Florida again? Lol

Your item was processed through and left our JACKSONVILLE, FL 32099 facility on February 28, 2014 at 11:10 am. The item is currently in transit to the destination. Information, if available, is updated periodically throughout the day. Please check again later.

Lol it's like a rollercoaster lol

Canesfan

Crazy stuff.   Then they wonder why they're losing money all the time and have to keep raising the postal rates.

LgMouthGambler

Well I have a week to think about whether I am going to get the Veritas rod or not. I mounted my Chronarch50 on my Carbonlite that was just sitting in the corner, and kind of like it. Caught a fish with it yesterday, and forgot how nice and sensitive it is. The only reason I wanted the Veritas was to match the Chronarch in color. I'm afraid it won't be balanced right for me. The Carbonlite is a 6'6 and fits and feels good. Ugh, decisions decisions.  ~b~
~cf
My wife says she is gonna leave me if I go fishing one more time........lord how I will miss that woman.

fishingator

Hey everyone!  Well we are officially married and today we finally got back to fishing yay!

Capt. BassinLou

Hi Gator, congratulations!!  ~c~ Nice to see you back and fishing again.

West6550

fishingator

Thank you! 

We decided mid day to go out fishing last minute today.  I seriously thought it would stink as it was hot and sunny.  In caught five and DH caught four.  All were small but ONE :D. I hooked up with a nice 20".  I think it was 3.2 pounds although I swore it felt heavier of course.  In this particular spot I wouldn't have thought there were any of decent size so that was a nice start back!

MCS

West back when gander had free shipping on anything I order a spool of line, went from Charlotte to Cleveland to Jax. A few days later I another spool to get manufacturers rebate. That spool ended at my house a day before the first one lol. They do some dumb stuff shipping no wonder it is an arm and a leg
Romans 1:16    2 Corinthians 5:17     3 John 1:4
"I'm sorry. I'm not very tolerant when it comes to the liberals who complain about everything." Mike Ditka
"I'd like to know why well-educated idiots keep apologizing for lazy and complaining people who think the world owes them a living." John Wayne

MCS

Congrats gator. Good to see you back.
"I'm sorry. I'm not very tolerant when it comes to the liberals who complain about everything." Mike Ditka
"I'd like to know why well-educated idiots keep apologizing for lazy and complaining people who think the world owes them a living." John Wayne

LgMouthGambler

Quote from: fishingator on March 01, 2014, 04:37:26 PM
Hey everyone!  Well we are officially married and today we finally got back to fishing yay!

Congrats! And welcome back!   ~c~
~cf

fishingator

Anyone know how to post pics from my phone here?

West6550

Use the Tapatalk app.  Then when top right hit the pull down.  Then reply.. then the paperclip and attach.  Other wise (which I do) use Photobucket app.

MCS

Went out this morning got 3 short strikes which meant 3 misses on the EZ nothing much else.

LgMouthGambler

I think the whole state of Louisiana is here in Disney. Never seen soo much purple and yellow. I guess when Mardi Gras is there they come here. I can't wait to get back on the water away from people.
~cf

fishingator

Here are the two decent ones from Saturday and Sunday

[attachment outdated - deleted by admin]

West6550

Good looking fish for sure!

LgMouthGambler

Quote from: fishingator on March 03, 2014, 06:50:53 PM
Here are the two decent ones from Saturday and Sunday

Nice fish. What did you end up doing to download them?
~cf

fishingator

I did them from my computer at home lol.

MCS

Hey LMG look at this  8).....
http://www.bassmaster.com/gear/quantums-reel-lands-heavy-award

I think you need one :-*

Makes my head hurt  ~b~ thinking if I should go after one of these or go for a nice inshore combo  ~sweat

LgMouthGambler

Quote from: MCS on March 04, 2014, 11:55:34 AM
Hey LMG look at this  8).....
http://www.bassmaster.com/gear/quantums-reel-lands-heavy-award

I think you need one :-*

Makes my head hurt  ~b~ thinking if I should go after one of these or go for a nice inshore combo  ~sweat

Nah. Let me tell you one of the best inshore reels I have used is the Cardiff. For $100 it's pretty tough. Been using mine for a few years now. Haven't serviced it yet, just rinsed after use. No problems yet. Landed a 30# red on it and had zero issues. I rather use that then my Zillion. No need to spend big bucks on inshore, it's not like Bass fishing. Some might say the opposite, but you have more room inshore since you don't have the slop like Bass fishing.
~cf

MCS

See I was looking at the Daiwa Lexa 300 or the Quantum Iron 300.....Sooooo your saying I should go for the Tour MG eh?

LgMouthGambler

Quote from: MCS on March 04, 2014, 03:47:15 PM
See I was looking at the Daiwa Lexa 300 or the Quantum Iron 300.....Sooooo your saying I should go for the Tour MG eh?

I honestly can't bring myself to buy a Quantum anymore. If you are looking for a low profile kind of reel, maybe the Curado300E? I would take that over a Quantum product myself. I know you like them though. If you are willing to spend that kind of money, go for it. Just remember though, selling it if you don't like it may be tough.
~cf

MCS

Quote from: LgMouthGambler on March 04, 2014, 05:02:07 PM
I honestly can't bring myself to buy a Quantum anymore. If you are looking for a low profile kind of reel, maybe the Curado300E? I would take that over a Quantum product myself. I know you like them though. If you are willing to spend that kind of money, go for it. Just remember though, selling it if you don't like it may be tough.
~cf

I am like you selling is NOT an option. Well either way I got a while to sit and decide. I finally think I decided with a rod, once I get that I will have 8 months or so to ponder my next purchase. Reviews of both the quantums should be in and I hear good things about the lexa 300 so far.

LgMouthGambler

Quote from: MCS on March 05, 2014, 06:09:08 AM
I am like you selling is NOT an option. Well either way I got a while to sit and decide. I finally think I decided with a rod, once I get that I will have 8 months or so to ponder my next purchase. Reviews of both the quantums should be in and I hear good things about the lexa 300 so far.

Honestly you don't need a 300 sized reel for inshore. Think about how much 30-40# braid you can hold on a 200 size reel. There is nothing that is gonna spool you im sure. I use a Cardiff 200A with 40# braid, and never come close to being spooled by anything. You can hold close to 200 yds of braid on a 200 size reel. I think the 300 may be overkill unless you are planning on spooling it with 20-25# mono or something thick like that. If this helps you at all.
~cf