Florida Fishbooking 2014

Started by LgMouthGambler, January 19, 2014, 05:27:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LgMouthGambler

Senko. Him and his Damn senkos.
My wife says she is gonna leave me if I go fishing one more time........lord how I will miss that woman.

Capt. BassinLou

Boy was it slow today. Something shut off the canal fish today. Fortunately i pulled out a little 1lbr, to avoid being skunked, and that was caught on a jig. That's how slow it was, I had to resort to a jig.. LOL...

LgMouthGambler

We did pretty good. It slowed a bit, but we figured them out
My wife says she is gonna leave me if I go fishing one more time........lord how I will miss that woman.

West6550

It rained like crazy yesterday and I could see the water clarity was worse.  Unfortunately I didn't get to fish since the wife planned something I thought would be 2 maybe 3 hours and we still aren't home.  Been a nice day but sometimes it's aggravating when you been waiting all week to fish one day and the weather and plans mess things up.

MCS

So I went out. Debated on stopping or not but I did cuz I am busy at work but I did. Worked it later than usual since the action seemed at day break. 6:45ish when I got started. After seeing the frenzy I thought topwater would be it, but was tempted to stick with the spinnerbait because air temp was a chilly 46, I threw a bone rebel jumpin minnow, walking the dog. WOW was it on! Started with this one couple shots of him. followed by a couple that came un buttoned. Then I landed another smaller one. And then made a long cast and got one more,see couple pics below, biggest of the day. all in all I had 5 fish on, landed 3 in about 45 minutes tho there was a long pause because I got a knot in the line. Had a blast, need to get some new trebles on that lure, but I love those jumpin minnows. They cast well on my energy with m/f rod and they walk easy and have a loud rattle. Not bad for 2 bucks at wally world. I did well on it last season too.

[attachment outdated - deleted by admin]
Romans 1:16    2 Corinthians 5:17     3 John 1:4
"I'm sorry. I'm not very tolerant when it comes to the liberals who complain about everything." Mike Ditka
"I'd like to know why well-educated idiots keep apologizing for lazy and complaining people who think the world owes them a living." John Wayne

MCS

Here is the last fish of the day. Nothing huge but it was a long cast and long way to reel in with  a few jumps fun fight.  lo

[attachment outdated - deleted by admin]
"I'm sorry. I'm not very tolerant when it comes to the liberals who complain about everything." Mike Ditka
"I'd like to know why well-educated idiots keep apologizing for lazy and complaining people who think the world owes them a living." John Wayne

Capt. BassinLou

WTG!! MCS. Competition kicks off tomorrow. You might be the first person to post fish.

West6550

MCS

Thanks guys gonna go give a couple ponds the once over that I know might get me an early lead. 8)
You guys ready to get the season started? :shocking: Anyone gonna be on it tomorrow or yall fish weekends mostly? ~cf Good Luck  ~beer~

LgMouthGambler

Hitting Clewiston Sunday, report back after.

Capt. BassinLou

More than likely I am taking my son to glades this weekend. I know I will get few casts in, then I will go back out again probably 2 weeks after that. 

Capt. BassinLou

Just got word using the BPS live chat feature, that my new Curado I order will be coming in sometime this week. I am looking forward to breaking this reel in this month with some Glades froggin.

Capt. BassinLou

Well... it's almost 99.5% official. I will be going to the glades with my son because my daughter has a birthday party to go to. That just leaves the boys to find something to do....  ~cf

West6550

I'm gonna try and go Wednesday and Thursday if possible.  No word yet.  May hit Kissimmee one day soon.

MCS

Quote from: Bassinlou on March 31, 2014, 05:58:27 PM
Well... it's almost 99.5% official. I will be going to the glades with my son because my daughter has a birthday party to go to. That just leaves the boys to find something to do....  ~cf

Nice Lou good luck to both you hope a couple hundred fish are in order and you show the boy something about nothing lol......now that my kingsley plans are nixed(glad it was this trip and hope this means may wont fail) lol i probably gonna take the kids(all three that walk) bluegill fishing sat. My little girl so far is the most adamant about fishing this yr, my gut says she is gonna be the one that will be my co angler, the boys are happy to go, but not constant like she is. Lol

West6550

Officially have plans for Kissimmee Thursday afternoon.

MCS

Quote from: West6550 on April 02, 2014, 03:15:57 AM
Officially have plans for Kissimmee Thursday afternoon.

Well if you and LMGs toho tails tell anything, me and Lou have won't have to worry that you catch something worth bragging about  lo lo lo j/k Good luck. Supposed to be real nice weather for a while.

LgMouthGambler

GotFishyFingers?

Looks like that fish is spawned out already.  ~fff

LgMouthGambler

Surgery was a success. The wife is OK and we will be home shortly.

Capt. BassinLou

Quote from: LgMouthGambler on April 02, 2014, 11:53:49 AM
Surgery was a success. The wife is OK and we will be home shortly.

That's great news, she can rest up a little, and you can go out on Saturday with clear thoughts.

West6550

Good to hear LMG.

Don't worry Toho has been horrible every year the past 3 years.. we need a better place.

MCS

Quote from: West6550 on April 02, 2014, 03:35:07 PM
Good to hear LMG.

Don't worry Toho has been horrible every year the past 3 years.. we need a better place.

How far is stick marsh for the rest yall? I'd be willing to drive. Or anything on the southern St Johns?

MCS

Quote from: West6550 on April 02, 2014, 03:35:07 PM
Good to hear LMG.

How far is stick marsh for the rest yall? I'd be willing to drive. Or anything on the southern St Johns?

West6550

Stick Marsh is by Vero Beach.  So 1.5 hours or so.  That's the beach the family always goes too.