Florida Fishbooking 2014

Started by LgMouthGambler, January 19, 2014, 05:27:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LgMouthGambler

Fish are biting today. So far I have about 10. I
My wife says she is gonna leave me if I go fishing one more time........lord how I will miss that woman.

LgMouthGambler

My wife says she is gonna leave me if I go fishing one more time........lord how I will miss that woman.

Capt. BassinLou

Let's see if I re-sized the pics correctly. Here is fish #1

[attachment outdated - deleted by admin]

Capt. BassinLou

Quote from: Bassinlou on April 06, 2014, 11:41:57 AM
Let's see if I re-sized the pics correctly. Here is fish #1

Ooops! wrong thread

Capt. BassinLou

Here is a tapatalk test pic. It's with my son and his nice mudfish catch yesterday.

Capt. BassinLou

I can really enjoy this app, it makes posting pics soooo much easier. Thank you West and LMG !!

LgMouthGambler

I will tell you what, the more I used the Tatula/Savvy combo today, the more I fell in love with it. That combo really took a beating today. Talk about tossing a bait a good almost 40yds with 40# braid. And to think, it hasn't even been opened up and tuned yet, lol. Another thing, that Champion736 really shined tossing that Booyah Popping Pad Crusher. I was really surprised with the Super Duty also. Loaded with 65# braid, it tossed that frog pretty damn far. I think I'm gonna leave that combo for that and use my Savvy705 for something else. I had one fish come up out of some pepper grass and crush that frog. It tried to make a dive for it, but when I set that hook and used that rod for all it was, that fish had no chance. I can't wait till my Coalition704 gets here so I can mount my Chronarch50 on it.

MCS

Nice fish guys.

LMG can't wait to get my 734 this week  ~c~ so excited.
Romans 1:16    2 Corinthians 5:17     3 John 1:4
"I'm sorry. I'm not very tolerant when it comes to the liberals who complain about everything." Mike Ditka
"I'd like to know why well-educated idiots keep apologizing for lazy and complaining people who think the world owes them a living." John Wayne

LgMouthGambler

Quote from: MCS on April 07, 2014, 06:51:36 AM
Nice fish guys.

LMG can't wait to get my 734 this week  ~c~ so excited.

You are gonna be hooked on these rods. This I promise you.  >:D

MCS

Quote from: LgMouthGambler on April 07, 2014, 07:25:03 AM
You are gonna be hooked on these rods. This I promise you.  >:D

I already have a reel lined up.  ~shhh And a savvy 705 penciled on the books for my christmas present.  :help:
Gonna be my Froggin Lou Special....that is what I will call her.   ;D
"I'm sorry. I'm not very tolerant when it comes to the liberals who complain about everything." Mike Ditka
"I'd like to know why well-educated idiots keep apologizing for lazy and complaining people who think the world owes them a living." John Wayne

LgMouthGambler

For sale: Shimano Compre Rods: 1-6'8MHF$70.00, 1-6'8MHXF$70.00, or both for $120.00. They are $100.00ea new, and in perfect condition. Also, 2-6'8MHF Shimano Sellus rods, $30.00ea.

LgMouthGambler

So now that I am kind of thinning out the herd per say, I think I will make a setup for throwing very light baits. The baits I am referring to would be like small texas rigged soft plastics, like a baby brush hog and a 1/32oz weight, or small cranks or Zara Puppy spooks. I am going to use my Curado50E and my 6'6 Carbonlite rod. I have a spool of 10# YoZuri that I can use to spool it for this. I change crap around soo much, lol. I don't really fish tournaments anymore, so what the hell, gonna have some fun with some stuff that I have acquired.

Capt. BassinLou

Quote from: LgMouthGambler on April 07, 2014, 11:26:06 AM
So now that I am kind of thinning out the herd per say, I think I will make a setup for throwing very light baits. The baits I am referring to would be like small texas rigged soft plastics, like a baby brush hog and a 1/32oz weight, or small cranks or Zara Puppy spooks. I am going to use my Curado50E and my 6'6 Carbonlite rod. I have a spool of 10# YoZuri that I can use to spool it for this. I change crap around soo much, lol. I don't really fish tournaments anymore, so what the hell, gonna have some fun with some stuff that I have acquired.

By 2:00pm you will probably decide to upgrade to another reel and rod... LOL  ~roflmao

LgMouthGambler

Quote from: Bassinlou on April 07, 2014, 11:31:46 AM
By 2:00pm you will probably decide to upgrade to another reel and rod... LOL  ~roflmao

This is true.

MCS

Tempted to go out this morning but I just went to work early.  ???
Got my reel cleaning kit and cleaned up a couple reels lastnight. My reel is waiting the new rod, figured I would make myself wait till it got here before I went out again. itching to go hope it gets here today  :)

Capt. BassinLou

Guess who got notification this morning to pick up their order....
I will post a pic later this morning.

LgMouthGambler

LgMouthGambler

Got bored last night and decided to do some tinkering. Since I am retiring my CuradoE7 from frog duty, I decided to put it on display with my other reels. I swapped the HawgHandle to the Chronarch, along with the tension knob and drag star for a different look. Hopefully I have a CU200B trade coming with the CiticaE swap to go with my CU100B for display.

Capt. BassinLou

My new addition is finally here!!

Capt. BassinLou

Dang it LMG, now you got me thinking swapping the 736 champion with the new Curado as my froggin outfit, and then placing the LEWS TP on my St.Croix LTB as my pitching outfit. Thanks alot.....  lo

MCS

Man I cannot stand white reels and rods. Ugly isnt the word....other than that and the fact it is a sheeman-o I guess it looks nice. I like the silver knobs etc......Lou it sounds like you need another  curado I to satisfy your quandary lol.

Capt. BassinLou

Um.... I think set up is going to be kickarse for froggin.... my son helped me with the pic and he said "Dad this is a really nice setup" lol...

West6550

Funny I love white rods and reels.  Not the pearl white though.  I normally don't care for the plastic looking shimanos but that one looks decent in white.

That frog setup looks great Lou.

Here's my favorite rig:

LgMouthGambler

Quote from: Bassinlou on April 10, 2014, 02:58:20 PM
Um.... I think set up is going to be kickarse for froggin.... my son helped me with the pic and he said "Dad this is a really nice setup" lol...

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOH  ^-^!!!!! Looking good! ~c~