Florida Fishbooking 2014

Started by LgMouthGambler, January 19, 2014, 05:27:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LgMouthGambler

Lews is pretty good. I like my Super Duty, and they do palm really well with the small size. A little too small for my liking actually, but it serves well as a frog reel due to its construction.
My wife says she is gonna leave me if I go fishing one more time........lord how I will miss that woman.

Capt. BassinLou

Just wanted to let you guys know, my flag football season is officially over. Unfortunately, we lost in the District championship. So, LMG if you want any help over at the Braggin rights thread I have free time again. Also stay tuned for Saturday May 10, its going to be a fun an exciting day. I will let MCS fill everyone in the details. ;)

MCS

Quote from: Bassinlou on April 29, 2014, 09:03:55 PM
Just wanted to let you guys know, my flag football season is officially over. Unfortunately, we lost in the District championship. So, LMG if you want any help over at the Braggin rights thread I have free time again. Also stay tuned for Saturday May 10, its going to be a fun an exciting day. I will let MCS fill everyone in the details. ;)

Sat? May 10? I have something on my calender. ~roflmao
Sat Lou officially starts his guide services, LMG has competion.  lo I am taking a ride down and fishing with Lou he has been kind enough to let me ride along with him for the day.  8) We are gonna try to get 40 pounds of glades bass  :shocking: Lou said no sweat  ~sweat :surrender:
Romans 1:16    2 Corinthians 5:17     3 John 1:4
"I'm sorry. I'm not very tolerant when it comes to the liberals who complain about everything." Mike Ditka
"I'd like to know why well-educated idiots keep apologizing for lazy and complaining people who think the world owes them a living." John Wayne

LgMouthGambler

40lbs? That's like 40 fish, lol. I kid, I kid. So, should we get together sometime that weekend so we can have a drink?
My wife says she is gonna leave me if I go fishing one more time........lord how I will miss that woman.

MCS

Quote from: LgMouthGambler on April 30, 2014, 06:18:52 AM
40lbs? That's like 40 fish, lol. I kid, I kid. So, should we get together sometime that weekend so we can have a drink?

I am staying in Jupiter/WPB area Sat night so I can drop by on my way up there and show you the Pics of me and Lou with those whales  lo
"I'm sorry. I'm not very tolerant when it comes to the liberals who complain about everything." Mike Ditka
"I'd like to know why well-educated idiots keep apologizing for lazy and complaining people who think the world owes them a living." John Wayne

LgMouthGambler

That would be cool. I'm right by Turnpike and Commercial Blvd

Capt. BassinLou

Quote from: LgMouthGambler on April 30, 2014, 08:14:44 AM
That would be cool. I'm right by Turnpike and Commercial Blvd

I would love to see 2 Polish dudes and LMG hangin out drinking.  That's ok, I am just the hired help :(

;)

LgMouthGambler

No Lou you need to come with. We need some culture, lol

Capt. BassinLou

On a fishing note.... I received word from Mike over from Seibert's that my spinnerbaits shipped. I will post pics when I get them. Just in time for the new May contest...  ~c~ ~c~

Capt. BassinLou

MCS

Quote from: Bassinlou on April 30, 2014, 01:21:31 PM
I would love to see 2 Polish dudes and LMG hangin out drinking.  That's ok, I am just the hired help :(

;)

Oh Lou, don't be a stick in the mud come on up and join us.

West6550

Geeze big meet of UBers at LMGs huh.. is he doing another tackle expo?

MCS

Quote from: West6550 on April 30, 2014, 02:25:08 PM
Geeze big meet of UBers at LMGs huh.. is he doing another tackle expo?

"Shimano Showcase" would be the name of the event.  8)  ;PHO) 6 pack admits one.  lo

MCS

Quote from: MCS on April 30, 2014, 02:52:49 PM
"Shimano Showcase" would be the name of the event.  8)  ;PHO) 6 pack admits one, a case get you a two day pass and a ride in the boat.  lo

LgMouthGambler

FlatsNBay

Just got back from my work trip to Miami for 3 days. I only had the time to get out and go after my first peacock for only a few hours on Wed. I followed Lou's advice and stuck to the canal system off of the airport. There weren't a whole lot of bank fishing options. Everything is either fenced or posted. The few spots that I found were in the hood so I had to take my life into my own hands to try and catch my first peacock  ~sweat . I managed to catch one about a 1 1/2 lbs. off of a silver Yozuri minnow fished on a fast retrieve under a bridge. Fought like a 3 lb largemouth! Pretty fun and lost one other. I wish that I had a little more time to fish and explore some other areas. Thanks Lou and LMG for the help and advice!  ~c~

LgMouthGambler

Glad to hear you got one. They do fight hard. Now we need to get you a nice Snakehead. 😉

Capt. BassinLou

Congrats Flatsnbay!! I am, happy you were able to land your first pea! Next time around hopefully you will have more time available to venture out into other bank friendly areas. WTG!!

LgMouthGambler

Got to take the boat Saturday after work to show someone my setup, then I am gonna stop by the ramp at Rock Island and Southgate and do some afternoon fishing for Snakeheads.  >:D

Going out Sunday morning with Speedy again to see if I can get him some frog and jig action. I have to call it quits by 11am because my Wifes friend decided to plan a little party from 12-3. WTF? Who the hell plans a party on a Sunday at that time! What a way top ruin a good Sunday for everybody.

Capt. BassinLou

No, just your Sunday... Lol

LgMouthGambler

Capt. BassinLou

My Seibert order has arrived!! Check out the custom gold one he, made for me. The hooks on these things is no joke. I messed up and failed to mention to Mike, to do a gold and silver blade combo. No biggie next order. ;)

Capt. BassinLou

Oops!! Forgot pics!! Too excited lol...

fishingator

fishingator

Anyone have any advice on learning a baitcaster?  Once we get back from our "moon" I want to get going.