Florida Fishbooking 2014

Started by LgMouthGambler, January 19, 2014, 05:27:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LgMouthGambler

Quote from: Bassinlou on June 03, 2014, 01:17:53 PM
You might be right, I didn't want to get another H rod. I already have 2 of those. Lets see how it feels to me when I get it in a few days. I will give my review when I  fish it.

Depends on the brand for the H rating. Like I said, every brand is different in the way they handle. Now if you are planning on using it for really light or finesse fishing, it will be great.
My wife says she is gonna leave me if I go fishing one more time........lord how I will miss that woman.

Capt. BassinLou

Quote from: LgMouthGambler on June 03, 2014, 02:02:38 PM
Depends on the brand for the H rating. Like I said, every brand is different in the way they handle. Now if you are planning on using it for really light or finesse fishing, it will be great.

Yes, that exactly what I will be using it for. I know I was not specific but that's what I mean when I say soft plastic.

MCS

Quote from: Bassinlou on June 03, 2014, 02:18:26 PM
Yes, that exactly what I will be using it for. I know I was not specific but that's what I mean when I say soft plastic.

I knew what you meant, if it is not fineese it is FROG  :shocking:
Romans 1:16    2 Corinthians 5:17     3 John 1:4
"I'm sorry. I'm not very tolerant when it comes to the liberals who complain about everything." Mike Ditka
"I'd like to know why well-educated idiots keep apologizing for lazy and complaining people who think the world owes them a living." John Wayne

MCS

what line are you gonna put on it?
"I'm sorry. I'm not very tolerant when it comes to the liberals who complain about everything." Mike Ditka
"I'd like to know why well-educated idiots keep apologizing for lazy and complaining people who think the world owes them a living." John Wayne

LgMouthGambler

Quote from: MCS on June 03, 2014, 02:27:02 PM

~roflmao
My wife says she is gonna leave me if I go fishing one more time........lord how I will miss that woman.

Capt. BassinLou

Capt. BassinLou

Quote from: MCS on June 03, 2014, 02:27:02 PM

~roflmao That obvious huh??

LgMouthGambler

I would go with a 30# braid to throw lighter baits with.

Capt. BassinLou

Quote from: LgMouthGambler on June 03, 2014, 03:19:49 PM
I would go with a 30# braid to throw lighter baits with.
I was just talking about that with MCS a little while ago.

LgMouthGambler

Back the spool with old unwanted braid (keeps the weight down, rather than using mono), then a piece of electrical tape. Then fill the rest of the spool with the regular braid you will use. Better for casting light baits.

Capt. BassinLou

I will try that thanks.  I usually do a mono backing. Never used the tape backing. Haven't backlashed badly in looong time. 

LgMouthGambler

The tape is to only cover the backing, not for backlashes.

Capt. BassinLou

Quote from: LgMouthGambler on June 03, 2014, 04:25:56 PM
The tape is to only cover the backing, not for backlashes.

So by using the tape, have you noticed a significant difference in performance than using no tape to cover the backing? 

LgMouthGambler

No. It's just with a braid backing you want to separate them. In a mono backing, a lot of people will tie the two together with an Albright knot. I still don't even do that. I spool on the backing, the use a piece of tape long enough to wrap the spool and grab on to itself. Basically you are making the spool more shallow. You don't need say 180yds of 30# braid, but the only reason you are spoiling that on is for lighter baits. So back with a lighter line to make the spool spin faster quicker. 30# braid is like 8# diameter, so the spool is way to deep on say a Curado. Fill the spool 1/3 to 1/2 way with garbage braid, then an electrical tape seal, then the rest with your casting line. 1/8 to 1/4oz baits should sling easy with that 3 power Dobyns rod.

LgMouthGambler

Inside of the Tatula Type R. Doing the wormshaft bearing upgrade.

LgMouthGambler

Can we say, 2 bearings in the wormshaft?

LgMouthGambler

LgMouthGambler

Oh snap. My Curado100D will be here Thursday

Down4ttown

Quote from: LgMouthGambler on June 03, 2014, 06:51:41 PM
Inside of the Tatula Type R. Doing the wormshaft bearing upgrade.

How hard was it? Does it make a difference?

MCS

Quote from: Down4ttown on June 03, 2014, 08:03:12 PM
How hard was it? Does it make a difference?

Way too hard...probably not....but LMG convinced himself otherwise....just like he thinks he is 5'-8" tall lol ;)

Down4ttown

LgMouthGambler

Not too bad. Now that there has been a total of 4 bearings added to this reel (2 for the wrom gear, and the Hawg Handle is 2 per knob when the stock handle only had 1 per knob), this thing is really smooth!!
They are the same bearings that can be found in all the Shimano knobs and the Tatula knobs.

MCS

Quote from: LgMouthGambler on June 04, 2014, 05:53:51 AM
Not too bad. Now that there has been a total of 4 bearings added to this reel (2 for the wrom gear, and the Hawg Handle is 2 per knob when the stock handle only had 1 per knob), this thing is really smooth!!
They are the same bearings that can be found in all the Shimano knobs and the Tatula knobs.

Hey I noticed the line on your spool what line is it? My only dislike of power pro so far is how stiff and plastic feeling it stays, it is starting the break in. But the other brand I have been using breaks in and looks like what you got on your spool after a trip or two, though I am not sure if I can get it anymore.

LgMouthGambler

Quote from: MCS on June 04, 2014, 09:36:00 AM
Hey I noticed the line on your spool what line is it? My only dislike of power pro so far is how stiff and plastic feeling it stays, it is starting the break in. But the other brand I have been using breaks in and looks like what you got on your spool after a trip or two, though I am not sure if I can get it anymore.

Its Sufix 832. Im not a big fan of it. Got a really good deal on a spool of it, and needed some in a pinch. I only use Power Pro on my other reels.

MCS

Quote from: LgMouthGambler on June 04, 2014, 09:51:06 AM
Its Sufix 832. Im not a big fan of it. Got a really good deal on a spool of it, and needed some in a pinch. I only use Power Pro on my other reels.

I like power pro and the stren because i can feels the weave. the sufix braid and 832 felt just like spider wire  >:(

I plan to get a spool  of stren and see how i compares to the stuff I have and like, then decide to stick with that or pp