Florida Fishbooking 2014

Started by LgMouthGambler, January 19, 2014, 05:27:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MCS

Quote from: LgMouthGambler on July 23, 2014, 10:36:15 AM
River Monsters? No, Capt Shane wasn't in that.

No I think it is called monster fish on nat geo
Romans 1:16    2 Corinthians 5:17     3 John 1:4
"I'm sorry. I'm not very tolerant when it comes to the liberals who complain about everything." Mike Ditka
"I'd like to know why well-educated idiots keep apologizing for lazy and complaining people who think the world owes them a living." John Wayne

LgMouthGambler

Then that may be the one with Shane.
My wife says she is gonna leave me if I go fishing one more time........lord how I will miss that woman.

MCS

Cabelas has just dropped smokes to 149  ~c~ ~c~ ~c~ if they drop another 50 I am gonna have to pull the trigger
"I'm sorry. I'm not very tolerant when it comes to the liberals who complain about everything." Mike Ditka
"I'd like to know why well-educated idiots keep apologizing for lazy and complaining people who think the world owes them a living." John Wayne

LgMouthGambler

I wouldn't wait too long, they may go quick once the word gets out.
My wife says she is gonna leave me if I go fishing one more time........lord how I will miss that woman.

MCS

Quote from: LgMouthGambler on July 24, 2014, 08:49:17 AM
I wouldn't wait too long, they may go quick once the word gets out.

I have my special places I am sure once they are gone for good I can find what I need. Just like the Energy PTs

MCS

Found some of these interesting and given the talk I have about the line topic thought it might make an interesting converstation...pline braid, stren braid and the balsax copoly and flouro interest me the most.
http://www.bassmaster.com/slideshow/new-line-2014

LgMouthGambler

Some interesting new lines coming to the market. Im sure you are going to be testing that Stren braid soon MCS.

Got the worm gear bearing upgrade for the Zillion today, and just finished installing it. Man I can feel a big difference in the reel before and after. I didnt realize it because the Coastal was ugraded right away. Actually using this reel for a day before the upgrade made me realize how much smoother it makes it. Decided to pull the braid off of it and spool it with 20# YoZuri as well. Gonna give it a shot this weekend and see how it works out. Getting kind of tired using braid on all my rigs, want to try something different. The YoZuri on my Jig rig has seemed to work out for the better. Casting distance has not really been affected, so I think I should be good using it with my swim rig.

MCS

Quote from: LgMouthGambler on July 24, 2014, 09:38:34 PM
Some interesting new lines coming to the market. Im sure you are going to be testing that Stren braid soon MCS.

Got the worm gear bearing upgrade for the Zillion today, and just finished installing it. Man I can feel a big difference in the reel before and after. I didnt realize it because the Coastal was ugraded right away. Actually using this reel for a day before the upgrade made me realize how much smoother it makes it. Decided to pull the braid off of it and spool it with 20# YoZuri as well. Gonna give it a shot this weekend and see how it works out. Getting kind of tired using braid on all my rigs, want to try something different. The YoZuri on my Jig rig has seemed to work out for the better. Casting distance has not really been affected, so I think I should be good using it with my swim rig.

Well I already tested the stren braid, but I am curious to how the production line compares.

Nice! Have u used the zillion at all?

U use 20 pound much? Man that has to be stiff?

West6550

LMG I think you should open a tun shop lol use someone else's money lol but seriously.. I need to deep clean my two Lews once I get in the new place.

LgMouthGambler

Quote from: West6550 on July 25, 2014, 02:56:30 AM
LMG I think you should open a tun shop lol use someone else's money lol but seriously.. I need to deep clean my two Lews once I get in the new place.

Send them to me.

LgMouthGambler

Quote from: MCS on July 24, 2014, 10:01:47 PM
Well I already tested the stren braid, but I am curious to how the production line compares.

Nice! Have u used the zillion at all?

U use 20 pound much? Man that has to be stiff?

I went out to the pond and threw it around for a bit after.

I have been on/off with the 20# for a while now. Used it on my old jig setup, and now again on the new one. The fact it works good for me is why I am deciding to use it for my swim rig too. It's not that bad. On a smaller reel it would be, but the Zillion manages it very well. Plus, I am throwing baits that are close to an ounce in weight, so I can get away with it. Otherwise, I would use 12-15#. I switched my CuradoD to 15#. The little stretch that YoZuri has helps to still make a good hookset. I personally know how strong that stuff is because I have seen it hold up to some things that 50# braid has failed me on. The abrasion resistance is far superior. As a matter of fact I have to buy some more since I have used the last of my spools. I just hope I don't have to order it from TW again.

MCS

Lou said his BPS is out....The stuff is getting rare  lo

I got the fluoroclear spooled up gonna test it out with some light weight trigs on monday.
It feels good, like less stretchy mono. Man I don't need abrasion resistence much but wish I had it the other day when I lost that fish onthe rock.  ~rant

Capt. BassinLou

I had took take advantage of TW yozuri sale. I got 275 yard spools of 12 and 15. Used the fish hound discount and I picked up 550 yds for the price of one spool.

LgMouthGambler

The only thing with that sale is that it's the smoke and green. Which color did you get? And what's the code so in case I need to use it, lol.

Capt. BassinLou

I got the green. Its really a moss green, I have a spool of 6lbs that I have used in the past.

MCS

LMG you used that cajun line before right? Was it any good? Was it the mono or the copoly?

LgMouthGambler

Mono. Red Cajun Lightning, I think its made by Shakespeare. Its pretty tough for mono. I have used the 12 and 14#, still have some bulk spools left. Want some?

LgMouthGambler

Quote from: Bassinlou on July 25, 2014, 07:52:21 AM
I got the green. Its really a moss green, I have a spool of 6lbs that I have used in the past.

Is there some kind of code you use for the discount? If so, what is it?

MCS

Quote from: LgMouthGambler on July 25, 2014, 08:08:41 AM
Mono. Red Cajun Lightning, I think its made by Shakespeare. Its pretty tough for mono. I have used the 12 and 14#, still have some bulk spools left. Want some?

You are incorrect! hahaha Your gonna love this....It is zebco brands.  ~bb

I dunno, I haven't used mono in a while, except on my spinning rig, I like the no stretch of braid that is why I am into copoly or fluoro line now just....Thanks for the offer though.

LgMouthGambler

Quote from: MCS on July 25, 2014, 08:24:28 AM
You are incorrect! hahaha Your gonna love this....It is zebco brands.  ~bb

I dunno, I haven't used mono in a while, except on my spinning rig, I like the no stretch of braid that is why I am into copoly or fluoro line now just....Thanks for the offer though.

Same company.

Capt. BassinLou

Quote from: LgMouthGambler on July 25, 2014, 08:09:37 AM
Is there some kind of code you use for the discount? If so, what is it?
Go to fishhound, and go over to the gift card page. There u will find $5 off TW code.

MCS

LgMouthGambler

LgMouthGambler

Got to go meet a few people down in Plantation after work. Gonna stop in Dicks and see if they got YoZuri. If not, it's to TW I go.

MCS

It was either Academy or Gander that I saw it in last. Dunno about Dicks, that is Lous favorite hang out. Him and his booyah baits lo