Florida Fishbooking 2014

Started by LgMouthGambler, January 19, 2014, 05:27:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MCS

Quote from: LgMouthGambler on September 05, 2014, 10:06:32 AM
My Hedgehog Studio order has shipped!! ~bb

So that comes over on a boat  lo...how longs it take?
Romans 1:16    2 Corinthians 5:17     3 John 1:4
"I'm sorry. I'm not very tolerant when it comes to the liberals who complain about everything." Mike Ditka
"I'd like to know why well-educated idiots keep apologizing for lazy and complaining people who think the world owes them a living." John Wayne

LgMouthGambler

Comes by plane. Has to go through Japan customs, then US customs. I don't really know how long it all takes. My best guess would be a couple of weeks. Its OK though, the rod wont be done till the end of the month. Hopefully get it all back in time to put the parts in, spool it up, and bring it along on the trip with me.  ;D
My wife says she is gonna leave me if I go fishing one more time........lord how I will miss that woman.

MCS

Quote from: LgMouthGambler on September 05, 2014, 10:51:32 AM
Comes by plane. Has to go through Japan customs, then US customs. I don't really know how long it all takes. My best guess would be a couple of weeks. Its OK though, the rod wont be done till the end of the month. Hopefully get it all back in time to put the parts in, spool it up, and bring it along on the trip with me.  ;D

It was a joke man.....Yeah that is what I thought it had to do customs. For a bunch of metal screws lo
"I'm sorry. I'm not very tolerant when it comes to the liberals who complain about everything." Mike Ditka
"I'd like to know why well-educated idiots keep apologizing for lazy and complaining people who think the world owes them a living." John Wayne

LgMouthGambler

My wife says she is gonna leave me if I go fishing one more time........lord how I will miss that woman.

MCS

So I am mulling. I think I got a spinning rod picked out, not big budget but for panfish and bass. Gander or Cabelas 2 piece Light in 7 or 7-6....there is a lews 1 piece thats a maybe trying to keep it 40-60 range.

So I am back and forth on a casting rod. Denali, Daiwa.....I dunno. under 150 under 100 I dunno. Just need it for topwaters and jerkbaits.....

But here is my new desire. Aird costal and daiwa DXI costal rod.  8)
I wouldn't mind a DXI spinning rod to go with my President XT either  ;D
Looked at the tat reels ok, looked at the new zillions ok....I still want a old zillion or fuego
The one I want is the new ballistic spinning reel....she is purdy.... ~lu

Just thinking out loud here lo

LgMouthGambler

Phoenix blank is in, the build will begin soon.

EvolutionTungsten

Pheonix blanks are sweet, I have one I won in a raffle from the guy who taught me a bit about wrapping when I first started. Alicia uses it since its a Drop Shot rod. He built all his rods on Pheonix though, they are nice and light!

You were right, this is a game changer haha. I see Dobyns rods for sale in your future. It may sound blasphemous now, but once it hits your lips you just gotta have more! Its so good! Frank the Tank! Now I just need to show you how to wrap your own and the beast will be unleashed lol. That and it works out way cheaper than store bought stuff when you do it yourself. Think Im going to buy a few more blanks to build out after all that OT in Germany myself  >:D

I didnt have you try any of mine out, but no joke my Core51MG/North Fork MB705 setup is like 9 oz tops. Like a feather, and I can feel a bass fart on my fluke. Yours will be exactly the same, hard to put down bro. Put a nice light reel on it!

LgMouthGambler

Its getting the Curado50E that I customized. You check the thread out in the reels and rods section of this forum.

MCS

Quote from: EvolutionTungsten on September 08, 2014, 09:19:51 AM
Pheonix blanks are sweet, I have one I won in a raffle from the guy who taught me a bit about wrapping when I first started. Alicia uses it since its a Drop Shot rod. He built all his rods on Pheonix though, they are nice and light!

You were right, this is a game changer haha. I see Dobyns rods for sale in your future. It may sound blasphemous now, but once it hits your lips you just gotta have more! Its so good! Frank the Tank! Now I just need to show you how to wrap your own and the beast will be unleashed lol. That and it works out way cheaper than store bought stuff when you do it yourself. Think Im going to buy a few more blanks to build out after all that OT in Germany myself  >:D

I didnt have you try any of mine out, but no joke my Core51MG/North Fork MB705 setup is like 9 oz tops. Like a feather, and I can feel a bass fart on my fluke. Yours will be exactly the same, hard to put down bro. Put a nice light reel on it!

What do you think about the Recon 2 and the M1? I still toy with getting one for flipping maybe, I like the full handle eva Recon. I seriously could buy about 20 rods. I like rods way better than reels.

LgMouthGambler

Quote from: MCS on September 08, 2014, 12:37:23 PM
What do you think about the Recon 2 and the M1? I still toy with getting one for flipping maybe, I like the full handle eva Recon. I seriously could buy about 20 rods. I like rods way better than reels.

Yeah, we know how much like the "rod".  ~roflmao

EvolutionTungsten

Quote from: MCS on September 08, 2014, 12:37:23 PM

Im the opposite I like reels, I build my own rod candy hehe.

I dunno about their manufactured products, Ive handled their blanks and they are nice but cant say anything on a fully built rod that wasnt custom.

That 50e will be money, I love mine. Upgraded the bearings on the Core and didnt notice a difference yesterday. Actually think it casted less with the abec 7's. Think I'll put the SARB's back in there and use those bearings on a curado instead.

MCS

Quote from: LgMouthGambler on September 08, 2014, 01:09:47 PM
Yeah, we know how much like the "rod".  ~roflmao

Hey at least the rods are "mine" and I am not offering my banana to a monkey or the back seat to strange men.  :P

MCS

Quote from: EvolutionTungsten on September 08, 2014, 01:35:40 PM
Im the opposite I like reels, I build my own rod candy hehe.

I dunno about their manufactured products, Ive handled their blanks and they are nice but cant say anything on a fully built rod that wasnt custom.

That 50e will be money, I love mine. Upgraded the bearings on the Core and didnt notice a difference yesterday. Actually think it casted less with the abec 7's. Think I'll put the SARB's back in there and use those bearings on a curado instead.

I hear the blanks are awesome, but the rods are sloppy built. Just wondering if you heard or had any friends with them from the left coast. Man I am gearing up an order, but it is on hold....house hunting.... so for the time my weights and plastics will have to wait but with good cause.

ccr425

Man, all of this rod talk...... I couldn't resist anymore, so I ordered one today. Can't wait for it to get here!!

MCS

Quote from: ccr425 on September 08, 2014, 05:58:47 PM
Man, all of this rod talk...... I couldn't resist anymore, so I ordered one today. Can't wait for it to get here!!

LOL which one did you get?

ccr425

Don't hate on me too much......  I chose the Megabass Orochi XX Tour Versatile. Was thinking about a Champion Extreme, but read so many good things about the Orochi XX line that I had to have one.

MCS

Quote from: ccr425 on September 09, 2014, 09:00:50 AM
Don't hate on me too much......  I chose the Megabass Orochi XX Tour Versatile. Was thinking about a Champion Extreme, but read so many good things about the Orochi XX line that I had to have one.

I can't hate that....besides megabass has good taste in their reels  ;) 8)
I have looked at them myself oooh aaaaah  ;PHO) maybe one day  ~shhh

MCS

ccr what reel you gonna put on it?

ccr425

Not sure. Probably transplant a Curado I for now. Later, hopefully a Core 50 or maybe a Metanium. This is the nicest rod that I'll ever own so I want something appropriate on it. Lol.

MCS

Quote from: ccr425 on September 09, 2014, 09:35:25 AM
Not sure. Probably transplant a Curado I for now. Later, hopefully a Core 50 or maybe a Metanium. This is the nicest rod that I'll ever own so I want something appropriate on it. Lol.

NOOOOO not a SHEMMANOOOO!!!.....something appropriate would be a Zonda  :o

hahaha...I knew you were gonna say that.  Cool, a metanium would look sweet on there......I guess  ;D

EvolutionTungsten

Quote from: MCS on September 09, 2014, 10:04:30 AM
NOOOOO not a SHEMMANOOOO!!!.....something appropriate would be a Zonda  :o

hahaha...I knew you were gonna say that.  Cool, a metanium would look sweet on there......I guess  ;D

Metanium is the way to go. Dont listen to MCS, he still hasnt graduated to big boy reels yet  ~roflmao

LgMouthGambler

Quote from: ccr425 on September 09, 2014, 09:35:25 AM

Your gonna put a Shimano on a MegaBass rod? I wouldn't even do that! :'(

MCS

Quote from: LgMouthGambler on September 09, 2014, 10:07:18 AM
Your gonna put a Shimano on a MegaBass rod? I wouldn't even do that! :'(

Can I get an AMEN  ~c~  ~roflmao

MCS

Quote from: EvolutionTungsten on September 09, 2014, 10:06:59 AM
Metanium is the way to go. Dont listen to MCS, he still hasnt graduated to big boy reels yet  ~roflmao

Hey I am growing past quantums, the energy pt is still decent ::), seeing the diawa light. Just because I am not part of the DARK SIDE  >:D don't hate.

LgMouthGambler

Quote from: MCS on September 09, 2014, 10:14:34 AM
Can I get an AMEN  ~c~  ~roflmao

AMEN! Jesus was a black man!.........oops......... ~roflmao