Florida Fishbooking 2014

Started by LgMouthGambler, January 19, 2014, 05:27:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Capt. BassinLou

Quote from: LgMouthGambler on September 10, 2014, 02:36:15 PM
Gonna have another Curado50E soon.  ::)

You my friend have an illness. It's called BaitMonkeyitis. You have it real bad....  ~roflmao

LgMouthGambler

Quote from: Bassinlou on September 10, 2014, 02:51:07 PM
You my friend have an illness. It's called BaitMonkeyitis. You have it real bad....  ~roflmao

I know.... :help:
My wife says she is gonna leave me if I go fishing one more time........lord how I will miss that woman.

MCS

Lou's cure for the disease is Bananas!......but only the little ones.  lo lo lo lo
Romans 1:16    2 Corinthians 5:17     3 John 1:4
"I'm sorry. I'm not very tolerant when it comes to the liberals who complain about everything." Mike Ditka
"I'd like to know why well-educated idiots keep apologizing for lazy and complaining people who think the world owes them a living." John Wayne

EvolutionTungsten

Give in to the Reel Monkey!

LgMouthGambler

Quote from: MCS on September 10, 2014, 03:03:03 PM
Lou's cure for the disease is Bananas!......but only the little ones.  lo lo lo lo

If you like Chaquita bananas, and fishing in the rain.... ~roflmao
My wife says she is gonna leave me if I go fishing one more time........lord how I will miss that woman.

bfn18

Alright guys, I need some help please. I am looking to get a new rod for froggin and possibly use it for flippin, but I only have about $100 to spend. I was thinking a 7'3" or 7'6" heavy/fast. I was looking at a Daiwa Procyon 7'6" H/F but I dont know.  :help:

MCS

Quote from: bfn18 on September 11, 2014, 07:32:38 AM
Alright guys, I need some help please. I am looking to get a new rod for froggin and possibly use it for flippin, but I only have about $100 to spend. I was thinking a 7'3" or 7'6" heavy/fast. I was looking at a Daiwa Procyon 7'6" H/F but I dont know.  :help:

100 bucks to spend....Take a look at the new daiwa s rods or better yet is the daiwa lexa rods. They both have a 7-4 frogging model.  he frog rod is actually rated to handle heavier weight than the flipping stick and both are Fast tips. If you wanted a couple more inches then the lexa flipping stick would  work too.Another option is Denali J2 in the 7-6 flipping model. Dark 3 uses this as a frog stick as well, think he might have the original jadewood, talk to him. If you go Denali talk to Ron at Valley sports he has good prices shipped
"I'm sorry. I'm not very tolerant when it comes to the liberals who complain about everything." Mike Ditka
"I'd like to know why well-educated idiots keep apologizing for lazy and complaining people who think the world owes them a living." John Wayne

bfn18

Quote from: MCS on September 11, 2014, 08:01:40 AM
100 bucks to spend....Take a look at the new daiwa s rods or better yet is the daiwa lexa rods. They both have a 7-4 frogging model.  he frog rod is actually rated to handle heavier weight than the flipping stick and both are Fast tips. If you wanted a couple more inches then the lexa flipping stick would  work too.Another option is Denali J2 in the 7-6 flipping model. Dark 3 uses this as a frog stick as well, think he might have the original jadewood, talk to him. If you go Denali talk to Ron at Valley sports he has good prices shipped

Thanks MCS. I did some reading on the Daiwa S Casting Rod 7'4" Heavy, I think that is a good choice. I feel like I am losing fish because im not using the right rod to frog (7' Med/F). Maybe this will help land more fish. Thanks again. I want to order a rod tomorrow afternoon, so if anyone else has a better option, im all ears.

Speedy_reel_in

No bass, but a nice fight

[attachment outdated - deleted by admin]

MCS

Quote from: bfn18 on September 11, 2014, 08:26:14 AM
Thanks MCS. I did some reading on the Daiwa S Casting Rod 7'4" Heavy, I think that is a good choice. I feel like I am losing fish because im not using the right rod to frog (7' Med/F). Maybe this will help land more fish. Thanks again. I want to order a rod tomorrow afternoon, so if anyone else has a better option, im all ears.

Yep that rod will definitely help you set the hook hard to make sure it sticks. If your bank fishing my buddy here at work said you can get by with a shorter rod for flipping, he flips all the time and has taught me a lot. 3/4 to 1-1/2 is probably the heaviest your would flip. You should be pleanty good. 3/4 to 1 is what he told me is the most used from the bank since you don't encounter the mats you do out on the water. He has several daiwa rods that are 10 plus yrs old too. I am looking at those some of those same rods for another purpose though.

bfn18

Quote from: MCS on September 11, 2014, 08:44:26 AM
Yep that rod will definitely help you set the hook hard to make sure it sticks. If your bank fishing my buddy here at work said you can get by with a shorter rod for flipping, he flips all the time and has taught me a lot. 3/4 to 1-1/2 is probably the heaviest your would flip. You should be pleanty good. 3/4 to 1 is what he told me is the most used from the bank since you don't encounter the mats you do out on the water. He has several daiwa rods that are 10 plus yrs old too. I am looking at those some of those same rods for another purpose though.

Yeah, I mostly bank fish and get out on the boat with my FIL once in a while. The rod will mostly be used for frogging, so that rod should be perfect. I plan to get a flipping set up around christmas ;D. I have another question about a reel now. I made up my mind but dont know what to get, its between the Tatula or Tatula Type-R. Is there that much of a difference in the type R? I found the tatula for $100 and the type r for 140, is it worth spending the extra cash for the type r?

LgMouthGambler

Quote from: bfn18 on September 11, 2014, 08:55:01 AM
Yeah, I mostly bank fish and get out on the boat with my FIL once in a while. The rod will mostly be used for frogging, so that rod should be perfect. I plan to get a flipping set up around christmas ;D. I have another question about a reel now. I made up my mind but dont know what to get, its between the Tatula or Tatula Type-R. Is there that much of a difference in the type R? I found the tatula for $100 and the type r for 140, is it worth spending the extra cash for the type r?

Better spool, better bearings, better look. Add 2 bearings to the levelwind and you are good to go.

Speedy_reel_in

Quote from: LgMouthGambler on September 02, 2014, 08:33:31 PM
You could have a jousting match, lol.

Lmg, idea...... Bmx bikes and fishing!

LgMouthGambler

MCS

Quote from: bfn18 on September 11, 2014, 08:55:01 AM

Check out the thread in reels, there is a dude who frogs with the tatula and is having problems with the t-wing and braid....LMG probably could explain it better. Just a heads up somehting to think about before you buy. Lews super duty is a good alternative too...... I use an older model Daiwa Exceler.....mag force z free floating spool and 7.1 ratio paid 53 shipped NIB.

bfn18

Quote from: MCS on September 11, 2014, 09:21:06 AM
Check out the thread in reels, there is a dude who frogs with the tatula and is having problems with the t-wing and braid....LMG probably could explain it better. Just a heads up somehting to think about before you buy. Lews super duty is a good alternative too...... I use an older model Daiwa Exceler.....mag force z free floating spool and 7.1 ratio paid 53 shipped NIB.

I use my T3 Ballistics to frog now and probably will keep using to frog when I get the new rod. I never have had any problems what so ever with my T3 with 50# braid on it (power pro if that matters). I wanted to get the tatula to throw swimbaits and what not.

Quote from: LgMouthGambler on September 11, 2014, 09:05:50 AM
Better spool, better bearings, better look. Add 2 bearings to the levelwind and you are good to go.

Do you think its worth the couple extra dollars?

LgMouthGambler

Quote from: bfn18 on September 11, 2014, 09:40:05 AM
I use my T3 Ballistics to frog now and probably will keep using to frog when I get the new rod. I never have had any problems what so ever with my T3 with 50# braid on it (power pro if that matters). I wanted to get the tatula to throw swimbaits and what not.

Yes. The spool itself is more than $40. If you are reel savvy, use 2 Shimano knob bearings and change the bushings in the levelwind. Trust me, it makes a hell of a difference. Not a fan of the T3 for a frog reel, not a very strong chassis. Better off with an aluminum frame reel.

MCS

Quote from: bfn18 on September 11, 2014, 09:40:05 AM

Cool....Then you should be all set...... He may have other issues then and not the T wing

bfn18

Quote from: LgMouthGambler on September 11, 2014, 11:19:47 AM
Yes. The spool itself is more than $40. If you are reel savvy, use 2 Shimano knob bearings and change the bushings in the levelwind. Trust me, it makes a hell of a difference. Not a fan of the T3 for a frog reel, not a very strong chassis. Better off with an aluminum frame reel.

Haha me savvy, no way.Im very afraid to take apart any reel and change or really do anything with them. It was either the Revo S gen3, BPS Bionic (POS), or the T3, i chose the T3. I just really started finishing about a year ago, so I have no clue on whats good and what is not good. One thing i do know is I really like the T3 8.1 with the bigger knob handles lol. The Bionic and Revo S were both presents to really get me started.

LgMouthGambler

LgMouthGambler

Oh man, the pictures of the LMG signature rod build have me itching!

MCS

Here is a lure to go with your blingy rod and reel  ;) ::)

http://www.tacklewarehouse.com/Imakatsu_Berlinetta_Crawler/descpage-IBC.html

74.99 MSRP  ~str Guess that is the price of small dice in the bait lo

But hey they named the color after you  8)

MCS

You can play craps and fish for bass at the same time  ~roflmao

EvolutionTungsten

Buy me one of these, its limited edition so will make a great present. If you want any more tungsten you will DO IT!  >:D

http://www.tacklewarehouse.com/Roman_Made_Mother_Trap_Floating_Swimbait/descpage-RMMTRSB.html

LgMouthGambler