Florida Fishbooking 2014

Started by LgMouthGambler, January 19, 2014, 05:27:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LgMouthGambler

Quote from: Pz3 on September 16, 2014, 07:50:03 PM
They say drinking that pbr stuff turns you into white trash. Be careful with that stuff LMG.

That only turns people that aren't already, lol.

Because I'm white and trashy!
My wife says she is gonna leave me if I go fishing one more time........lord how I will miss that woman.

Capt. BassinLou

Quote from: LgMouthGambler on September 16, 2014, 07:46:25 PM
The EZ rig is in full effect!

Oh boy... are u taking pics of your rigs again?? How many blue ribbons have you had?

LgMouthGambler

Quote from: Bassinlou on September 16, 2014, 08:16:17 PM
Oh boy... are u taking pics of your rigs again?? How many blue ribbons have you had?

Only one, PBR that is. Lol
My wife says she is gonna leave me if I go fishing one more time........lord how I will miss that woman.

LgMouthGambler

Capt. BassinLou

LgMouthGambler

Quote from: Bassinlou on September 16, 2014, 08:55:24 PM
You can still spell, so your good. Lol!!

Got to love auto spell. 😉 Slur, slur.

West6550

My new place has a boat parking area.. it's free.  The docknhas 11 slips.. they are free.  Plus there is a ramp by the boat storage area anyway.  Very boat friendly and nothing about our garages.  Ain't no way I'd let that one fly lol

We have the trash can one but our yard is on a corner lot with a fence and hedges so you can't see one whole side unless you walk into my yard.  Rules just say neighbors shouldn't be able to see it from thier yard.

Good luck.  At least you got a spot lol

LgMouthGambler

West, if you have a slip area, then are you gonna keep the Stratos?

MCS

New toy(not owned by me) but I get to play this is like a lee smith custom rod of work stations hahaha

Romans 1:16    2 Corinthians 5:17     3 John 1:4
"I'm sorry. I'm not very tolerant when it comes to the liberals who complain about everything." Mike Ditka
"I'd like to know why well-educated idiots keep apologizing for lazy and complaining people who think the world owes them a living." John Wayne

EvolutionTungsten

I build those too  ~bb

Current build is in a Corsair c70 Olive Drab case. Love the flip up reset switch haha. Built Feb 2013

ASUS Maximus V Formula
Intel i7 3770k 3.5ghz water cooled with Corsair H100i
32gb GSkill Ripjaws Z DDR3 2400
EVGA GeForce GTX 660 FTW 3gb
Samsung 840 Pro SSD HD

Built it for GoPro video editing, of which I have done like hardly any lol. I dont game anymore, no time. Kind of overkill haha

[attachment outdated - deleted by admin]

LgMouthGambler

EvolutionTungsten

I love building PC's. Anyone ever needs something nice built on a budget, hit me up. I specialize in budget gamers that scream. Easier than building rods lol. Just buy the  ;PEP)

MCS

Quote from: EvolutionTungsten on September 17, 2014, 01:44:14 PM
I build those too  ~bb

Current build is in a Corsair c70 Olive Drab case. Love the flip up reset switch haha. Built Feb 2013

ASUS Maximus V Formula
Intel i7 3770k 3.5ghz water cooled with Corsair H100i
32gb GSkill Ripjaws Z DDR3 2400
EVGA GeForce GTX 660 FTW 3gb
Samsung 840 Pro SSD HD

Built it for GoPro video editing, of which I have done like hardly any lol. I dont game anymore, no time. Kind of overkill haha

This one is an intel i7-4930k 3.4  hyper threaded that they overclocked at 4.5 water cooled.....32 gb.....Navidia Geforce gtx....and a solid state hard drive. I dunno much but these beasts scream. I do more of the running the programs than actual cpu stuff....Renders like a beast on the cloud.  8)
"I'm sorry. I'm not very tolerant when it comes to the liberals who complain about everything." Mike Ditka
"I'd like to know why well-educated idiots keep apologizing for lazy and complaining people who think the world owes them a living." John Wayne

MCS

My one at home is a simple Lenovo with a 3.1 intel and 1 TB of storage. Mostly for photos and itunes, stream netflix  lo

Capt. BassinLou

Hey...  for second I thought I was in a PC forum.

ccr425

MCS

West6550

Quote from: LgMouthGambler on September 17, 2014, 09:20:09 AM
West, if you have a slip area, then are you gonna keep the Stratos?
No it's still up for sale!

LgMouthGambler

In the cave, cleaning the Cardiff.

EvolutionTungsten

I literally did the same thing last night! New Cardiff 301a came in, so I stuck the spool bearings in it from the Core50 I put the Boca's in. Cleaned it all up and regreased it with Cals, polished the metal drag washers with the dremel and greased up the carbon ones, and its running like a champ now. Going to stick it on the temp swimbait rod and make a few chucks with the slammer today at the pond see how she rolls. Trying out some Yozuri Hybrid green in 25lb to see how I like it on the big reel. Need to grab some carbontex for it next time I make an order. One disc was carbon already, other wasnt so its probably fine for now.

LgMouthGambler

The Cardiff is actually a pretty good reel for the money. I have been using mine for inshore purposes. I don't know what I am going to use it for yet. May just spool some 14# Red Cajun on it and keep it in the truck, or use it for guests.

ccr425

I hate to beat a dead horse, but I need more rod advice. Seems that the Megabass rod that I ordered was out of stock. Now I'm having second thoughts, lol. This will be ordered from Bass Pro as I have a few gift cards to burn up. I was wondering if I should try a St. Croix rod. Legend Elite or Legend Tournament maybe? Was hoping that some of you guys had personal experience with one of the rods. Really want to try the Megabass, but I would rather have the better rod if possible.

EvolutionTungsten

Partly what I bought it for as well, when we go fish on the pier I'll take that instead of the bass reels. Actually going out on a charter trip tomorrow, Dane is turning 9 and wanted to go out saltwater fishing so Alicia and I are taking him out on a cattle boat. Should be fun, wish I had a big enough rod to strap the Cardiff to. They recommend a 20-30lb rod for the trip, and the my Heavy flipping stick is only 12-25. Hopefully their rods are decent, I hate borrowing rods and have them end up being junk when Im used to my stuff!

EvolutionTungsten

Quote from: ccr425 on September 19, 2014, 10:37:25 AM
I hate to beat a dead horse, but I need more rod advice. Seems that the Megabass rod that I ordered was out of stock. Now I'm having second thoughts, lol. This will be ordered from Bass Pro as I have a few gift cards to burn up. I was wondering if I should try a St. Croix rod. Legend Elite or Legend Tournament maybe? Was hoping that some of you guys had personal experience with one of the rods. Really want to try the Megabass, but I would rather have the better rod if possible.

Gimme a sec bro, I'll go see what BPS carries. Dobyns if they have it would be great, or you could do an NRX those are sweet just a little pricey. But so is that Orochi hehe. I'll go peek