Florida Fishbooking 2014

Started by LgMouthGambler, January 19, 2014, 05:27:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MCS

Quote from: Bassinlou on November 10, 2014, 05:37:17 PM
I second that. That is a very pretty boat. I got to see it at Kissimmee this past Oct. WEST I thought you unloaded that boat already!?!?

Its waiting for you bud.....calling your name....listen lllllloooou llllllou take me home  ;D
Romans 1:16    2 Corinthians 5:17     3 John 1:4
"I'm sorry. I'm not very tolerant when it comes to the liberals who complain about everything." Mike Ditka
"I'd like to know why well-educated idiots keep apologizing for lazy and complaining people who think the world owes them a living." John Wayne

MCS

Quote from: West6550 on November 10, 2014, 05:39:14 PM
Guy backed out last second.. probably his high credit cards from Shimano parts lolol jk jk lol

Now that s funny  ~roflmao ~roflmao
"I'm sorry. I'm not very tolerant when it comes to the liberals who complain about everything." Mike Ditka
"I'd like to know why well-educated idiots keep apologizing for lazy and complaining people who think the world owes them a living." John Wayne

Capt. BassinLou

Quote from: MCS on November 10, 2014, 05:39:28 PM
Its waiting for you bud.....calling your name....listen lllllloooou llllllou take me home  ;D

I really wish I could. The boat is beautiful and it hauls arse pretty good. I think it had power poles if I am not mistaken. Unfortunately, me and glass will not mix. As long as I live in South FL, tin will always be my boat of choice. I bang my boat alot especially while fishing in the glades. Rocks and glass are no..no's... tin and rocks and you can get away with some things. I do regret not taking a ride on West's boat when he offered during the classic but I was low on gas $$  :P.... ~roflmao..... >:D

ccr425

Quote from: West6550 on November 10, 2014, 05:39:14 PM
Guy backed out last second.. probably his high credit cards from Shimano parts lolol jk jk lol
Glad your not my financial advisor..........

West6550

Quote from: ccr425 on November 10, 2014, 05:53:46 PM
Glad your not my financial advisor..........
I'm confused?

My boat is at a local dealership being sold on consignment.. I have no clue why the guy backed out.  It was only a joke. I met and talked to him and he told me "I will do whatever it takes to own this" he loved the boat.  I know he had financial issues though according to the dealer :-(

ccr425

Just bustin your chops, lol. You're giving us Shimano guys such a hard time for trying to justify a few reels and or parts. I thought it was funny because I can't justify owning a boat like yours.

MCS

Quote from: Dark3 on November 10, 2014, 05:13:46 PM
Just picked up a couple packs of "punch hubs" you guys should check those out.

Checkout the gambler skirts. Kissimmee blue :D

That dude that used ;) to be on here evo Chris makes some 1-2 punch weights that have the skirt tied on.
I like this cuz it is as simple as buying a jig and is very effective.

LgMouthGambler

Anybody see the Calais that Mike has for sale. Damn good deal there. For you Shimano lovers anyway....
My wife says she is gonna leave me if I go fishing one more time........lord how I will miss that woman.

Dark3

Quote from: MCS on November 10, 2014, 07:17:57 PM
Checkout the gambler skirts. Kissimmee blue :D

That dude that used ;) to be on here evo Chris makes some 1-2 punch weights that have the skirt tied on.
I like this cuz it is as simple as buying a jig and is very effective.

I would have but I already picked up 6 -3 packs of all terrain jig skirts. I am fond of those rubber skirts. When you checked out the hubs did you look at http://www.fishboss.com/ Really nice stuff. Their the ones who make them. Although cant click on anything??At 50 cents a piece plus a cheap jig skirt and a piece of floral wire you have homemade punch rigs. I already have tons of tungsten all the way up to 1 1/2 so im good on the punch weights.

Dark3

Quote from: LgMouthGambler on November 10, 2014, 07:47:36 PM
Anybody see the Calais that Mike has for sale. Damn good deal there. For you Shimano lovers anyway....
Yea I seen it awhile back. Figured he sold it by now on fleabay.

Dark3

Im actually feeling hyped about making my own skirts. I have been looking at the tools and material. Looks really fun. I think ill do it for shits once i get the work bench set up

West6550

Quote from: ccr425 on November 10, 2014, 06:55:33 PM
Just bustin your chops, lol. You're giving us Shimano guys such a hard time for trying to justify a few reels and or parts. I thought it was funny because I can't justify owning a boat like yours.
Oh ok true.  Big boats aren't for everyone.  Wife and I down graded to a smaller house in more of the area we love and the big boat won't fit in the garage.  Hence the 15' tin I paid cash for.

Deadeye

Quote from: LgMouthGambler on November 10, 2014, 04:12:02 PM
What I swap out are cosmetics, not internals. Which is where the difference is. Cheap Chinese VS quality Japanese.

Mmmmm. Better rethink that thought. While I was still working the SG Dept all the new Shimanos we were getting all said "made in Malaysia" I believe it was. I held an older Curado and a brand new Curado side-by-side and you could see the difference. They REALLY cheapened them down. Plastic internals and such.

If fact we set up three outfits to "test out" for the Customers to try. One was a KVD Quatnum MH Rod with the KVD Reel, one was a Skeete Reese MH Rod with the Victory Skeete Reese Reel, One was a Falcon Bucco withe a Shimano Curado Reel. All brand new and all set up with the same line, same lure.

Took them out to the Auto Dept Parking lot and gave them a test. KVD Scored the lowest for feel and throwing distance. Falcon/Shimano scored in the middle, and the Skeete Reese consistently scored the highest among the employees and customers.

Was quite a shock. No one expected that. We sold a lot of the Skeete Reese rods (had one come back broke after the guy's kid flopped a 6 lber onto it while it lay over two jon boat seats, not the rods fault), sold several of the KVD's both rods and reels, some Falcons, but only a few of the Shimanos.

After trying them no one wanted to pay that much for a reel that couldn't out preform a $100.00 Reel.

My local Lews Dealer sells them quite a bit under retail. Takes stuff on trade too. Many of the Local Bass Club guys have converted from the Shimano's over to the Lews.  Used Shimanos in his shop all the time.

Lews all the way for me. Shimanos are good reels too, but WAY overpriced.

LgMouthGambler

Quote from: Deadeye on November 11, 2014, 05:53:24 AM
Mmmmm. Better rethink that thought. While I was still working the SG Dept all the new Shimanos we were getting all said "made in Malaysia" I believe it was. I held an older Curado and a brand new Curado side-by-side and you could see the difference. They REALLY cheapened them down. Plastic internals and such.

If fact we set up three outfits to "test out" for the Customers to try. One was a KVD Quatnum MH Rod with the KVD Reel, one was a Skeete Reese MH Rod with the Victory Skeete Reese Reel, One was a Falcon Bucco withe a Shimano Curado Reel. All brand new and all set up with the same line, same lure.

Took them out to the Auto Dept Parking lot and gave them a test. KVD Scored the lowest for feel and throwing distance. Falcon/Shimano scored in the middle, and the Skeete Reese consistently scored the highest among the employees and customers.

Was quite a shock. No one expected that. We sold a lot of the Skeete Reese rods (had one come back broke after the guy's kid flopped a 6 lber onto it while it lay over two jon boat seats, not the rods fault), sold several of the KVD's both rods and reels, some Falcons, but only a few of the Shimanos.

After trying them no one wanted to pay that much for a reel that couldn't out preform a $100.00 Reel.

My local Lews Dealer sells them quite a bit under retail. Takes stuff on trade too. Many of the Local Bass Club guys have converted from the Shimano's over to the Lews.  Used Shimanos in his shop all the time.

I was referring to the reels that are still made in Japan. I know what you mean though about the Malaysian reels. There is no comparison in quality. However, Shimano had to make sacrifices in the product to maintain the pricepoint. Me, I would rather pay a $200 price tag to keep the quality. This is the reason I did not sell off my 50E's. There is not a reel that can ever replace that legend.
My wife says she is gonna leave me if I go fishing one more time........lord how I will miss that woman.

Lee Smith

Quote from: LgMouthGambler on November 10, 2014, 07:47:36 PM

The live in Mississippi now!  ;)  ;D
Builder of Custom Personal Bassin' Rods

ccr425

Must have been a Curado G. Took a friend fishing once to "where reels go to die" and his G didn't last the whole hour and a half! The Curado I reels are still made in Malaysia, but are made up to par with the Japan reels. The G's were bad. So glad I didn't make that mistake!

LgMouthGambler

Quote from: Lsmith500 on November 11, 2014, 07:05:41 AM
The live in Mississippi now!  ;)  ;D

Should have known you would jump on that. Congrats on the new baby. lol

Dark3

Quote from: ccr425 on November 11, 2014, 07:07:37 AM
Must have been a Curado G. Took a friend fishing once to "where reels go to die" and his G didn't last the whole hour and a half! The Curado I reels are still made in Malaysia, but are made up to par with the Japan reels. The G's were bad. So glad I didn't make that mistake!
Im also thinking the tests should have all been done on the same rod as the rod makes up about 30 percent or more of the casting distance

Dark3

Yeay veterans day. Im one 24 hour staff duty. Ill get to bed down around 8 or 9 tomorrow morning

LgMouthGambler

Quote from: Dark3 on November 11, 2014, 07:59:54 AM
Yeay veterans day. Im one 24 hour staff duty. Ill get to bed down around 8 or 9 tomorrow morning

Wow. Well, we salute you!  ~flag

ccr425

Thank you for you service!

MCS

Quote from: LgMouthGambler on November 11, 2014, 06:56:23 AM
I was referring to the reels that are still made in Japan. I know what you mean though about the Malaysian reels. There is no comparison in quality. However, Shimano had to make sacrifices in the product to maintain the pricepoint. Me, I would rather pay a $200 price tag to keep the quality. This is the reason I did not sell off my 50E's. There is not a reel that can ever replace that legend.

Just because a reel is MADE in japan doesn't mean all the parts are made there. Only a few parts need to be made there to qualify. Many of the gears, screws and springs are mass made in China or Malaysia and sent to factories. All over the world. Your Japaneese reel is probably half chineese, just like lou's engrish.  ;)  8)  ~roflmao

Edit:

Many of the low end daiwa and our beloved dobyns are from china. Now if you read the rod handle it says Korean parts, assembled in china. Two things get companies in trouble...poor quality of materials that go into making the parts and poor QC/finish( ehm ehm quantum) when making in china. 

Yall just read they are gonna let our processed chicken be made in china and shipped here, GOOD BYE TYSON TENDERS....Chinas chicken doesn';t meat USDA standards so they must buy and import from south/north america make said product and export to us for consumption. Me hopes this proves inefficient.

MCS

Thank you for your service good sir  ~flag

MCS

Good post. It is mostly a name (hyped by fools like LMG) that you pay for when you buy a shimano or Daiwa. 

Same goes for spinning reels, is a stradic or a prycon better than a president....Uhm no. LOL not for 100 dollars more.

Dark3