Florida Fishbooking 2014

Started by LgMouthGambler, January 19, 2014, 05:27:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LgMouthGambler

Quote from: MCS on November 11, 2014, 08:26:55 AM
Just because a reel is MADE in japan doesn't mean all the parts are made there. Only a few parts need to be made there to qualify. Many of the gears, screws and springs are mass made in China or Malaysia and sent to factories. All over the world. Your Japaneese reel is probably half chineese, just like lou's engrish.  ;)  8)  ~roflmao

Edit:

Many of the low end daiwa and our beloved dobyns are from china. Now if you read the rod handle it says Korean parts, assembled in china. Two things get companies in trouble...poor quality of materials that go into making the parts and poor QC/finish( ehm ehm quantum) when making in china. 

Yall just read they are gonna let our processed chicken be made in china and shipped here, GOOD BYE TYSON TENDERS....Chinas chicken doesn';t meat USDA standards so they must buy and import from south/north america make said product and export to us for consumption. Me hopes this proves inefficient.

Correction. All parts for Japanese reels from Shimano and Daiwa are manufactured in Japan. Shimano has moved the assembly plant to Malaysia to save on labor and taxes. Do I feel that has made a difference in the QC? Yes. I still don't believe the newer Shimanos are up to par with the E's and prior. Now, as far as your "other" reels. Yes, they are Chinese parts/assembly. There in lies the quality problem.
My wife says she is gonna leave me if I go fishing one more time........lord how I will miss that woman.

Dark3

Gonna try something new this year by the way of snag proof phat frog. Ive read some pretty impressive stuff. It won bassjunkiespond hollow body of the year. Dude fishes and reviews everyfrog made. Got 2 in white (da man) and two in black (lights out or something)

LgMouthGambler

Quote from: Dark3 on November 11, 2014, 08:50:41 AM
Gonna try something new this year by the way of snag proof phat frog. Ive read some pretty impressive stuff. It won bassjunkiespond hollow body of the year. Dude fishes and reviews everyfrog made. Got 2 in white (da man) and two in black (lights out or something)

I always picture Dave Mercer kissing those dang things. lol
My wife says she is gonna leave me if I go fishing one more time........lord how I will miss that woman.

MCS

Quote from: LgMouthGambler on November 11, 2014, 08:45:48 AM
Correction. All parts for Japanese reels from Shimano and Daiwa are manufactured in Japan. Shimano has moved the assembly plant to Malaysia to save on labor and taxes. Do I feel that has made a difference in the QC? Yes. I still don't believe the newer Shimanos are up to par with the E's and prior. Now, as far as your "other" reels. Yes, they are Chinese parts/assembly. There in lies the quality problem.

Knowing the the manufacturing industry from the inside. I will tell you every screw nut bolt and gear damn near impossible is not made in japan. Those parts are wholesaled from a couple factories in Malaysia and china. Now LMG where are most failures? in the small parts....screws, clips, springs.......I am not as dumb as I play on here, bro. Lou has somewhat of an idea but we can't talk about the things I even told him  ;)
Romans 1:16    2 Corinthians 5:17     3 John 1:4
"I'm sorry. I'm not very tolerant when it comes to the liberals who complain about everything." Mike Ditka
"I'd like to know why well-educated idiots keep apologizing for lazy and complaining people who think the world owes them a living." John Wayne

LgMouthGambler

Wahoo! My pretty parts have made it safe from Japan to New York. Hopefully a few more days and they should be in my possession.

MCS

Quote from: Dark3 on November 11, 2014, 08:50:41 AM

I seen the snag proof from Ish and daiwa. waste money on more frogs....no, not me, you try it, maybe I will buy it.
"I'm sorry. I'm not very tolerant when it comes to the liberals who complain about everything." Mike Ditka
"I'd like to know why well-educated idiots keep apologizing for lazy and complaining people who think the world owes them a living." John Wayne

LgMouthGambler

Quote from: MCS on November 11, 2014, 09:14:31 AM
Knowing the the manufacturing industry from the inside. I will tell you every screw nut bolt and gear damn near impossible is not made in japan. Those parts are wholesaled from a couple factories in Malaysia and china. Now LMG where are most failures? in the small parts....screws, clips, springs.......I am not as dumb as I play on here, bro. Lou has somewhat of an idea but we can't talk about the things I even told him  ;)

I have been working on reels for quite some time, I will tell you that it is NOT the screws, clips, or springs that fail. Those go missing because of people that have no idea what they are doing. What does fail are: plastic gears and brass gears, bearings, worm gears, and pawls. Most of this stuff is wear and tear. Now, depending on the make up of the parts, and the quality of the materials, is going to determine how long they last. I will tell you that I replace more parts in Doyo/Pure Fishing reels than any other reels. I have seen Shimano reels take quite the abuse with no failures.

Dark3

Quote from: LgMouthGambler on November 11, 2014, 09:15:27 AM
Wahoo! My pretty parts have made it safe from Japan to New York. Hopefully a few more days and they should be in my possession.
Mine. Ill be right back lol

Dark3

Or better yet "claimed" for the walking dead fans

Dark3

Quote from: MCS on November 11, 2014, 09:19:49 AM
I seen the snag proof from Ish and daiwa. waste money on more frogs....no, not me, you try it, maybe I will buy it.
Well i sold my koppers so not really wasting money

Dark3

Quote from: LgMouthGambler on November 11, 2014, 08:52:17 AM
I always picture Dave Mercer kissing those dang things. lol
And you saying that made me picture jimmy houston making out with a fish

Capt. BassinLou

Quote from: Dark3 on November 11, 2014, 09:32:40 AM
Well i sold my koppers so not really wasting money
You sold your Koppers!! Why??

Dark3

I sold everything..lol except for my curados. I could have changed to lews but I like gpod reels

LgMouthGambler

Quote from: Dark3 on November 11, 2014, 09:37:38 AM
I sold everything..lol except for my curados. I could have changed to lews but I like gpod reels

Oh snap! Here we go again! :popcorn:

MCS

Quote from: LgMouthGambler on November 11, 2014, 09:21:25 AM
I have been working on reels for quite some time, I will tell you that it is NOT the screws, clips, or springs that fail. Those go missing because of people that have no idea what they are doing. What does fail are: plastic gears and brass gears, bearings, worm gears, and pawls. Most of this stuff is wear and tear. Now, depending on the make up of the parts, and the quality of the materials, is going to determine how long they last. I will tell you that I replace more parts in Doyo/Pure Fishing reels than any other reels. I have seen Shimano reels take quite the abuse with no failures.

Gears are another mass produced item....... My point is STOP saying the shit is made in JAPAN it isn't  ~shhh Just like all the "woops"ing chineese parts that go into japaneese cars  ~roflmao

LgMouthGambler

Quote from: MCS on November 11, 2014, 09:57:30 AM
Gears are another mass produced item....... My point is STOP saying the shit is made in JAPAN it isn't  ~shhh Just like all the "woops" chineese parts that go into japaneese cars  ~roflmao

Then tell me why Shimano and Daiwa gears are stronger?

MCS

Quote from: Dark3 on November 11, 2014, 09:37:38 AM

Now see if you went a little frugal on the reels you coulda gotten a computer with spell check  ~roflmao

MCS

Quote from: LgMouthGambler on November 11, 2014, 09:58:24 AM
Then tell me why Shimano and Daiwa gears are stronger?

Because they order them from china with a better metal mixture or they have someone on site doing QC while their order is ran.  ~roflmao

MCS

Quote from: LgMouthGambler on November 11, 2014, 09:40:01 AM
Oh snap! Here we go again! :popcorn:

This is starting to get boring. around and around like a merry go

Dark3

Quote from: MCS on November 11, 2014, 10:02:25 AM
This is starting to get boring. around and around like a merry go
See your wearing out like those chinese gears haha

Dark3

I dont sit on the computer much, mainly my phone. We have a site sponsor bass team tackle http://bassteamtackle.com/Home.php
Act like you want to buy a tungsten weight from your phone and let me know if its just me.
Edit: disreguard have to click classic site for it to work. I could have saved some bank

MCS

Quote from: Dark3 on November 11, 2014, 10:05:21 AM
See your wearing out like those chinese gears haha

Nice one  ~c~

MCS

Quote from: Dark3 on November 11, 2014, 10:10:46 AM
I dont sit on the computer much, mainly my phone. We have a site sponsor bass team tackle http://bassteamtackle.com/Home.php
Act like you want to buy a tungsten weight from your phone and let me know if its just me.
Edit: disreguard have to click classic site for it to work. I could have saved some bank

I know very good prices....I like they sell bitters plastics, SBs and Jigs too. Might get an order from me next time.

ccr425

What about the exchange rate? I know that when I raced nitro RC cars the Japanese brand Kyosho was a lot more expensive than other brands. Part of the extra cost was quality and the other part was the exchange rate. RC has the same debate. Haters jabbing at Kyosho all the time. If they ever raced a Kyosho or better yet worked on a Kyosho they would see the light. They were worth every penny, just like Shimano....... ~b~     That's my last post on the subject.  ~c~

LgMouthGambler

Quote from: ccr425 on November 11, 2014, 10:24:09 AM
What about the exchange rate? I know that when I raced nitro RC cars the Japanese brand Kyosho was a lot more expensive than other brands. Part of the extra cost was quality and the other part was the exchange rate. RC has the same debate. Haters jabbing at Kyosho all the time. If they ever raced a Kyosho or better yet worked on a Kyosho they would see the light. They were worth every penny, just like Shimano....... ~b~     That's my last post on the subject.  ~c~

Input the Taylor Swift song "shake it off".