Florida Fishbooking 2014

Started by LgMouthGambler, January 19, 2014, 05:27:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LgMouthGambler

Quote from: MCS on November 11, 2014, 01:25:04 PM
"fundamentals of a fishing reel" lo

It sounded good at the time.  ~read ~beer~
My wife says she is gonna leave me if I go fishing one more time........lord how I will miss that woman.

MCS

Romans 1:16    2 Corinthians 5:17     3 John 1:4
"I'm sorry. I'm not very tolerant when it comes to the liberals who complain about everything." Mike Ditka
"I'd like to know why well-educated idiots keep apologizing for lazy and complaining people who think the world owes them a living." John Wayne

MCS

Now that I won, what should we talk about. My brain is fried from all this mental warefare  ~bu
"I'm sorry. I'm not very tolerant when it comes to the liberals who complain about everything." Mike Ditka
"I'd like to know why well-educated idiots keep apologizing for lazy and complaining people who think the world owes them a living." John Wayne

ccr425

Quote from: MCS on November 11, 2014, 01:39:24 PM
Now that I won, what should we talk about. My brain is fried from all this mental warefare  ~bu
You mad bro?

MCS

MCS

Quote from: ccr425 on November 11, 2014, 02:21:04 PM
You mad bro?

What's next? I don't know where to go from here LOL

Dark3

I love popping on here every so often to see how rapidly things get out of hand hahaha. Bet you guys are either of or heading home soon. Drink a beer for me lol

Capt. BassinLou

Lol... i have to think of some other controversial topic since this one has lasted 2 whole days!!

Dark3

What rods are best maybe??? Damn chinese duckets lmao

Capt. BassinLou

When i get home i am going to go fishing with my multi-cultural reel. Lol!!

Dark3

I got a question; cork sealer or no cork sealer. I have 2 dx and 3 champs getting here today. Ive never used it and always keep my cork looking nice but Im willing to try it because I ordered all full handles and thats alot of cork. My main concern is does it discolor the cork?

LgMouthGambler

Quote from: Dark3 on November 11, 2014, 02:37:25 PM
I got a question; cork sealer or no cork sealer. I have 2 dx and 3 champs getting here today. Ive never used it and always keep my cork looking nice but Im willing to try it because I ordered all full handles and thats alot of cork. My main concern is does it discolor the cork?

Definitely a must do. Use magic eraser to get rid of the crap first. Then a thin coat of U40 sealer. A little goes a long way, I learned that lesson already.  ~roflmao
My wife says she is gonna leave me if I go fishing one more time........lord how I will miss that woman.

LgMouthGambler

Quote from: Dark3 on November 11, 2014, 02:27:30 PM
What rods are best maybe??? Damn chinese duckets lmao

LSC is the best. Duh!

Dark3

Quote from: LgMouthGambler on November 11, 2014, 02:48:18 PM
Definitely a must do. Use magic eraser to get rid of the crap first. Then a thin coat of U40 sealer. A little goes a long way, I learned that lesson already.  ~roflmao
I do the warm dawn and soft bristle brush. Works like none other. Baby wipes also do the trick ok. But anyway these are all obviosly new. So no discoloration? Doesnt make it look stained or wet?

LgMouthGambler

Quote from: Dark3 on November 11, 2014, 03:26:50 PM
I do the warm dawn and soft bristle brush. Works like none other. Baby wipes also do the trick ok. But anyway these are all obviosly new. So no discoloration? Doesnt make it look stained or wet?

It may darken the cork a tad. Nothing drastic. It actually looks better, not being so chalky looking (especially the Champs cork).

MCS

Quote from: LgMouthGambler on November 11, 2014, 02:50:17 PM
LSC is the best. Duh!

In pictures I would have to agree.  ;) Man I doubt I will ever pony up the cash for one. But I would love one of the spiral ones.

MCS

Quote from: Dark3 on November 11, 2014, 02:37:25 PM

I vote no. I like the aged look, I told you before I don't like selling shit so I don't worry about resale value.

Actually I will be a little more honest. "woops" spending the money on that shit. If I had some laying around or a friend with it close by, doubt LMG is gonna stop by the house tonight, maybe.

MCS

Quote from: Dark3 on November 11, 2014, 03:26:50 PM

Ok what rod are we talking about here, LOL  :embarassed:

West6550

Quote from: LgMouthGambler on November 11, 2014, 09:58:24 AM
Then tell me why Shimano and Daiwa gears are stronger?
They aren't. Soft hands use them for light applications then claim they are better when in really they are barely been used...

Edit:

I have a Abu Silver max.. which is horrible in my opinion. Odd corners and horrible handles.  But it came with a rod I bought a few years back.  I use this reel for top water spooks and cranks.  It's the only rig that has mono on it.  But because I don't use it harshly (knowing it's not powerful like a Shimano isn't) it has lasted several years now... my point being a Zebco 33 on a ugly stick will last years if you are easy on it.

MCS

Quote from: West6550 on November 11, 2014, 03:56:12 PM
They aren't. Soft hands use them for light applications then claim they are better when in really they are barely been used...

BOOM! also dudes that shell 200-400 hundred for a reel are probably a little more anal about cleaning and maintenance. Hence they probably would enjoy oiling the brake drum after every use rather than fishing longer. Another reason why they claim they last longer  ;) ::)

Dark3

Capt. BassinLou

Dang... i guess a well kept abu is not popular these days... lol. The reel is already in the middle of page 2 on BBC!!!

Dark3

LgMouthGambler

Quote from: Bassinlou on November 11, 2014, 04:55:09 PM
Dang... i guess a well kept abu is not popular these days... lol. The reel is already in the middle of page 2 on BBC!!!

They are not saught after reels unfortunately. It may take some time before the right person comes along and buys it.

West6550

Quote from: Bassinlou on November 11, 2014, 04:55:09 PM
What are asking for it?