Florida Fishbooking 2014

Started by LgMouthGambler, January 19, 2014, 05:27:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ccr425

Now I'm jealous!  ::) Those are gonna be some sweet rigs.

MCS

Quote from: Dark3 on November 15, 2014, 09:38:58 AM
If you have never held a DX its an experience. I didnt realize they were painted like this. Just wow.

Sweet rods....you see the split handle dx kinda has a Kevlar look to it between the grip and butt.
Romans 1:16    2 Corinthians 5:17     3 John 1:4
"I'm sorry. I'm not very tolerant when it comes to the liberals who complain about everything." Mike Ditka
"I'd like to know why well-educated idiots keep apologizing for lazy and complaining people who think the world owes them a living." John Wayne

Dark3

Yea I think you might mean to say carbon fiber look. The section above the reel seat has it for a few inches. I think the split handles look better for sure but for me, full handle is the way to go. Only downfall for me is more cork to keep clean. You know me, resale value is definatly a concern with everything I have however I am gonna try to calm down lol

MCS

Quote from: Dark3 on November 15, 2014, 12:32:58 PM
Yea I think you might mean to say carbon fiber look. The section above the reel seat has it for a few inches. I think the split handles look better for sure but for me, full handle is the way to go. Only downfall for me is more cork to keep clean. You know me, resale value is definatly a concern with everything I have however I am gonna try to calm down lol

Kevlar is typically the yellow/yellow and black fibers especially in the fabric form before epoxy is applied. just looked like kevlar to me on the dx handles.
"I'm sorry. I'm not very tolerant when it comes to the liberals who complain about everything." Mike Ditka
"I'd like to know why well-educated idiots keep apologizing for lazy and complaining people who think the world owes them a living." John Wayne

MCS

The 35% off GAMBLER SALE has begun!!!!

EvolutionTungsten

Quote from: ccr425 on November 14, 2014, 09:25:27 PM

The one on the right looks like a carbontex to me. The one on the left is the Shimano Dartanium. Maybe they couldnt get it to fit, only one way to find out and thats to pop it open. The paper that came with those is definitely what came in all my carbontex kits, just a plain piece of colored paper with what reels it fits on. Ive done all my reels, but never really noticed a difference other than the stop/start being alot smoother. I have had one that I ordered that said it fit the reel and only one washer fit, and I had to reuse the old washer again just like what is pictured. So possible thats what they did.

ccr425

Would the old washers be greasy?

Dark3

Quote from: MCS on November 15, 2014, 06:26:39 PM
The 35% off GAMBLER SALE has begun!!!!
Is it a black friday sale? If so go contribute to the CM black friday thread plz

Dark3

Actually I hate when people talk that way. Could you please post that in the black friday thread if thats what it is.

MCS

Quote from: Dark3 on November 15, 2014, 07:13:57 PM
Is it a black friday sale? If so go contribute to the CM black friday thread plz

No it was an app download and Instagram contest. The more users the more you get off
Download the app to get the code

ccr425

Quote from: EvolutionTungsten on November 15, 2014, 06:37:26 PM
The one on the right looks like a carbontex to me. The one on the left is the Shimano Dartanium. Maybe they couldnt get it to fit, only one way to find out and thats to pop it open. The paper that came with those is definitely what came in all my carbontex kits, just a plain piece of colored paper with what reels it fits on. Ive done all my reels, but never really noticed a difference other than the stop/start being alot smoother. I have had one that I ordered that said it fit the reel and only one washer fit, and I had to reuse the old washer again just like what is pictured. So possible thats what they did.
The small washer is definitely Carbontex. Just found a good picture on Google. I sent an email to DVT inquiring about it. Thanks guys.

Capt. BassinLou

If you have never held a DX its an experience. I didnt realize they were painted like this. Just wow.

Holy  ^-^!! Are you telling me Dark that you just purchased all those Champion Extreme's!! I was too busy fishing!! Than following this thread yesterday. Those rods look sweet dude!! Man... that's awesome. Maybe one day when I grow up, i will be able to own one!  ~roflmao Enjoy the rods Dark.

Dark3

Quote from: Bassinlou on November 16, 2014, 08:50:03 AM
Holy  ^-^!! Are you telling me Dark that you just purchased all those Champion Extreme's!! I was too busy fishing!! Than following this thread yesterday. Those rods look sweet dude!! Man... that's awesome. Maybe one day when I grow up, i will be able to own one!  ~roflmao Enjoy the rods Dark.
No lou, only two of them are dx. The others are champs. I got a 30% military discount so the champs cost me like savvys and the dxs were cheaper tgan champs retail. I saved cash for a good while and sent him a money order. They are awesome tho. I seen you have been on the water. Thats great im jealous, stuck in the middle of a move

Capt. BassinLou

I completely forgot that Dobyns honor service members with a discount. Fortunately you were able  to utilize the discount and get yourself some really nice rods.

Pz3

Found this little gut in my local shop. A stand on bottom custom square bill. Looks killer!

Dark3

LgMouthGambler

My wife says she is gonna leave me if I go fishing one more time........lord how I will miss that woman.

Dark3

Capt. BassinLou

Woohoo!! Trolling motor will be delivered on Wednesday.

MCS

Quote from: Bassinlou on November 17, 2014, 10:24:00 AM
Woohoo!! Trolling motor will be delivered on Wednesday.

Cool. Now you really gonna have to baby it over those rocks in low water.

Capt. BassinLou

Quote from: MCS on November 17, 2014, 10:36:01 AM
Cool. Now you really gonna have to baby it over those rocks in low water.
Yes, and this one breaks away, so if i happen to bang it too hard it gives to absorb the impact. Can't wait!!

MCS

We need these pics deleted. Every time I see these I wanna go out and buy a DX.  >:D  Mods a little help please  :help: All the tackle torture pics Darks been posting he deserves to get banned   PoPo

MCS

Man this front coming through is spectacular. So dark cars are using headlights and the lighting is neon blue. Best part is I am fishing tomorrow morning post front 40 degrees is the low. Clouds should still be around.  :) Totally missed fishing this morning which on paper, seeing the weather and sky, would have been awesome.  :'(

Capt. BassinLou

Quote from: MCS on November 17, 2014, 12:36:03 PM
Man this front coming through is spectacular. So dark cars are using headlights and the lighting is neon blue. Best part is I am fishing tomorrow morning post front 40 degrees is the low. Clouds should still be around.  :) Totally missed fishing this morning which on paper, seeing the weather and sky, would have been awesome.  :'(

Should be interesting. But then again you live to fish in freezing temperatures.  ~gf