Florida Fishbooking 2014

Started by LgMouthGambler, January 19, 2014, 05:27:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dark3

Quote from: MCS on November 19, 2014, 09:30:16 PM

The eagle is really sick, like the skull/crown and cross cannons.
If I wasnt dumping all my money in fishing gear I'd finish my tat up and get and eagle on the sturnem(sp)
Holding arrows and a snake.
Thanks! Fortunately I got most of my work for free. One of my goid friends is a artist at a local shop and scribbles on me when he doesnt have any thing going on. I really like the eagle too. Mt favorite is gotta be the shoulder piece though. Hopefully you can tighten up yours and post some pics

MCS

Quote from: Dark3 on November 19, 2014, 09:41:46 PM
Thanks! Fortunately I got most of my work for free. One of my goid friends is a artist at a local shop and scribbles on me when he doesnt have any thing going on. I really like the eagle too. Mt favorite is gotta be the shoulder piece though. Hopefully you can tighten up yours and post some pics

Wow that's sweet I got like 700-800 and 10 hrs into this one rib cage and still probably another couple sessions to go. The kicker is the artist moved to Asheville and me to va then Jax lol. I haven't sat in over 4 yrs cuz one thing after another lo I post pics later I used to have some of my wife's stuff too, see if I can find those.
Romans 1:16    2 Corinthians 5:17     3 John 1:4
"I'm sorry. I'm not very tolerant when it comes to the liberals who complain about everything." Mike Ditka
"I'd like to know why well-educated idiots keep apologizing for lazy and complaining people who think the world owes them a living." John Wayne

Dark3

Quote from: Bassinlou on November 19, 2014, 10:10:22 AM
Look at what was delivered today!!

Woohoo!!... installing it next week.
Hey lou. Ive been pretty busy and havent noticed if you said what model you picked up. Stoked for you, TM is a pretty big upgrade usually. I put a new MG on mine around 4-6 months ago

Capt. BassinLou

Thanks Dark, i got a 55lbs variable speed, maxxum.

MCS

Just got done Ice Fishing. Frost on the pumpkin. 45 minutes no bites on the jerk bait.
"I'm sorry. I'm not very tolerant when it comes to the liberals who complain about everything." Mike Ditka
"I'd like to know why well-educated idiots keep apologizing for lazy and complaining people who think the world owes them a living." John Wayne

MCS

amazon sent me the wrong color megabugs now I gotta see how these punks are gonna make it right  ~xyz ~rant

Dark3

Quote from: MCS on November 20, 2014, 07:39:57 AM
amazon sent me the wrong color megabugs now I gotta see how these punks are gonna make it right  ~xyz ~rant
The return shipping may not be worth ot to them. You might get some free baits

Dark3

Quote from: Bassinlou on November 20, 2014, 06:47:07 AM
Thanks Dark, i got a 55lbs variable speed, maxxum.
Excellent choice. My 55# flies on my weighted down 14 footer. Im running two interstate 29s for that but I also have the pinpoint with spot lock and that drains the crap out of batteries in a current

Capt. BassinLou

Quote from: Dark3 on November 20, 2014, 08:00:51 AM
Excellent choice. My 55# flies on my weighted down 14 footer. Im running two interstate 29s for that but I also have the pinpoint with spot lock and that drains the crap out of batteries in a current
Cool... can't wait to try it out. I have one 27 battery. But i dont fight a current. Should last all day.

Dark3

My batteries are outside in the box under a foot of snow right now hooked up to a noco genius. I sure hope theybwill be ok. My optima red top starting battery isnt hooked up to a chardger and is also in a box in the back of the boat fml. Not much i can do being stranded for days 30 miles from the house

Capt. BassinLou

Quote from: Dark3 on November 20, 2014, 08:13:43 AM
My batteries are outside in the box under a foot of snow right now hooked up to a noco genius. I sure hope theybwill be ok. My optima red top starting battery isnt hooked up to a chardger and is also in a box in the back of the boat fml. Not much i can do being stranded for days 30 miles from the house
My wife did show me footage of New york dealing with multiple feet of snow. CRAZY!! Goodluck dude..

MCS

Quote from: Dark3 on November 20, 2014, 07:58:59 AM
The return shipping may not be worth ot to them. You might get some free baits

Ding Ding Ding.....They had to issue me a refund....3.00 bucks, they were one of those addon items.
So they told me to re order. Guess I am fishing with an ugly color mega daddy LOL.

Dark3

Quote from: Bassinlou on November 20, 2014, 08:19:41 AM
My wife did show me footage of New york dealing with multiple feet of snow. CRAZY!! Goodluck dude..
Yea it sucks. Here is a pic of the hotel im staying at. Check out the roof

MCS

Holy Smokes!!! Screw that dude. I love the south  ~sun Atleast at 34 degrees there is NO chance of SNOW

Sweet dreams of sarasota  :sleep:

LgMouthGambler

Quote from: Dark3 on November 20, 2014, 08:22:47 AM
Yea it sucks. Here is a pic of the hotel im staying at. Check out the roof

Hey, whats all that white stuff?  ~sun
My wife says she is gonna leave me if I go fishing one more time........lord how I will miss that woman.

Dark3

Quote from: MCS on November 20, 2014, 08:22:46 AM
Ding Ding Ding.....They had to issue me a refund....3.00 bucks, they were one of those addon items.
So they told me to re order. Guess I am fishing with an ugly color mega daddy LOL.
What is the color?

Capt. BassinLou

Our summers may suck with heat and humidity, but our winter's  are awesome.

MCS

Quote from: Dark3 on November 20, 2014, 08:34:15 AM
What is the color?

copperfield. I orderd junebug shadow

I will pitch and swimm them in this pond the baby bass fluke got me bites. There is lots of hydrilla, and big girls, I hooked a 5 and a 6 there before.

MCS

What I will probably do is rig them on a 1/4 oz 6/0 swimbait hook for that spot.

MCS

Dark3

Quote from: MCS on November 20, 2014, 09:31:04 AM
http://www.bbcboards.net/reels-4-sale/544493-things-you-cannot-buy-black-friday.html

Now these are some pretty fishing reels
Yea I seen those. The tdz with the black is ok. Im not a fan of aftermarket paint on reels tho

MCS

Quote from: Dark3 on November 20, 2014, 09:34:57 AM
Yea I seen those. The tdz with the black is ok. Im not a fan of aftermarket paint on reels tho

Me either, but some older reels like that fuego with the stracthed up sub frame work good they just need paint. I really really love the Ito Zillion, first reel (if I had cash to drop, this reel, a zonda like you have, and a purple alphas and a zillion PE would be my four daiwas)...Some of the round reels are cool too. But what I get off on is the few that are the solid machined block, that is sick. The handles and knobs are cool too. See that is why I tell LMG get some different knobs on that zillion. They are all about 4 times my price range LMAO

EvolutionTungsten

Quote from: West6550 on November 19, 2014, 08:53:45 PM
+1 to this.

If you look at my post all I say is they are ugly.. cause they are.  They are overpriced.. again they are.  I poke fun at the handles cause you buy a $$$ reel then a $$ handle and im here catching fish no worries with no backlashes?? That's called people who don't know how to set up the stuff yet..

I never said they aren't quality reels.  Any reels in the $200 are that.. each have thier issues. Like Shimanos cheap plastic and crap handles apparently.

My #1 reason I'm anti-Shimano is 99% of people who use then a d-bags who say everything else sucks... funny cause I've been using my $75 Lews for two years now.. they need cleaned is all.  But they still cast a mile and ski fish out of places most reels wouldn't dare to go.

Only thing I want to ask here is what cheap plastic and crap handles are you talking about? All shimano handles are aluminum or magnesium, so you lost me there. You talking plastic side plates? All reels on the market have either plastic or magnesium side plates. You lost me on that one.

Overpriced? Have you seen Daiwa's lineup? The Steez is worth $600? ALL REELS are overpriced in my opinion. Even Lew's prices are slowly creeping up, and I remember when they came out I had the opportunity to Pro Staff with them (My tourney partner got on with them really early) but I didnt want to give up fishing with my Shimanos. Their first reels were all in the 100-150 range, now they are 200+ for some models. Hate to say it but the recurring theme lately in ALL manufacturers lately is to charge an arm and a freaking leg for a quality reel that doesnt weigh down like a brick.

I defend Shimano because too many guys out there want to talk smack that have never owned one. I mean ACTIVELY hate on shimanos though. Hey man, I get you dont like em thats cool, (and this isnt directed towards any of you guys here btw, this post is really directed toward BR forum posts) but do you really need to go OUT OF YOUR WAY to post how much you hate shimanos and check out your new xxx reel here, because it is SO MUCH BETTER than any shimano offering? Its almost like the guy who buys the big truck then lifts it 9 inches but has never been off road. We call that short man syndrome haha

So I do appologize, not meaning to go off on you guys because its not like that. Just really chaps my hide when someone says I hate this or those suck when they really have no idea or no reason to say it. If you have legit gripe, like you used shimanos in the past and you lost xx amount of fish because of xx reason, that would be totally legit. I dont go around posting how horrible xxx reel is, because I just dont have the experience. No, I wasnt impressed with my tourney partners lews. They seemed light and nice, and honestly I think he DIDNT know how to set them up right so that was probably it, but he had a lot of problems with em while I fished away in the front. We were doing major stuff in Cali, $600 entry fee tourneys, so when he was picking a lash for 20 minutes I would get pretty fired up lol. No line in the water and fishing against Lintner, Randy McAbee Jr, etc we didnt stand a chance with just me fishing.

LgMouthGambler

My bike is better than your bike.
My wife says she is gonna leave me if I go fishing one more time........lord how I will miss that woman.

MCS

Quote from: LgMouthGambler on November 20, 2014, 01:30:44 PM
My bike is better than your bike.

Martin's bike is the BEST  8) Dragon and pony graphics...need I say more