Florida Fishbooking 2014

Started by LgMouthGambler, January 19, 2014, 05:27:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dark3

Quote from: LgMouthGambler on December 04, 2014, 12:45:56 PM
Nah. New out of the box, they need a little special "love", if you know what I mean.  ~shade
Lou dont let LMG touch your reel. I fear he is gonna put special sauce in it

LgMouthGambler

Quote from: Dark3 on December 04, 2014, 12:54:11 PM
Lou dont let LMG touch your reel. I fear he is gonna put special sauce in it

~shhh Don't let my secret out. Whatever makes it smoother.  ;)
My wife says she is gonna leave me if I go fishing one more time........lord how I will miss that woman.

Dark3

Quote from: LgMouthGambler on December 04, 2014, 02:19:28 PM
~shhh Don't let my secret out. Whatever makes it smoother.  ;)
Gambler speed lube hahaha

Dark3

So nice to have her inside...

LgMouthGambler

My wife says she is gonna leave me if I go fishing one more time........lord how I will miss that woman.

LgMouthGambler

Finally got the knob caps.

EvolutionTungsten

Quote from: LgMouthGambler on December 04, 2014, 12:45:56 PM
Nah. New out of the box, they need a little special "love", if you know what I mean.  ~shade

My cores and curado E's didnt need a thing, but man the white chronarch and the new CI4 were F'ing TERRIBLE out of the box. So bad I thought about returning them. Took two bearing flushes to work out the issues with both of them. My white chronarch I didnt put enough cals on the teeth of the gears, never had that issue before. Had to slather it on, and now it feels like butter. When I first got it was coated with shimano grease, I guess thats why. Haters can hate, and Im sure they will use that as fuel to the fire but they do purr now. I agree you shouldnt have to do that on a brand new $200+ reel but I like to clean em up and put rocket fuel in anyway. That CI4 Curado I was seriously on the fence with keeping or not, even threw it up on BR for sale for a while. Now that I re-cleaned it and really soaked the crap out of the bearings it feels right. Great for a flipping reel, need that high speed to power em out. Still have a Metanium in the cards though, thats next  :P

I put ceramics in the Core50 about two months ago, holy crap does that thing launch now. Im running it with only one brake on, and throwing 1/8 oz texas rigs a frickin mile. The curados are getting bocas next, I know LMG doesnt like the ceramics but they arent loud to me at all and the performance is crazy. Stuck the cores bearings in a new Cardiff A for swimbaits, really opened that thing up too. Round reel is growing on me! Took it out on a charter boat for our oldests 9th bday and it handled the Blue Runners on my swimbait rod no prob hehe

West6550

No hate here. Just boring information about "better" reels that apparently need work and parts out of the box lol...

Hope you like the reel Lou and goouck with LMGs secret sauce. It's either alcoholic or... gross.

Canesfan

Quote from: LgMouthGambler on December 04, 2014, 07:35:11 PM

Is that your wife's reel? Just sayin'.  ~roflmao

LgMouthGambler

Quote from: Canesfan on December 05, 2014, 06:47:19 AM
Is that your wife's reel? Just sayin'.  ~roflmao

Im man enough to like purple.

Canesfan

That's OK, we won't tell.   ~roflmao

Dark3

Quote from: LgMouthGambler on December 04, 2014, 07:35:11 PM

Looks great. I personally like the purple

Canesfan

Geeze guys, get a grip.  I'm kidding but it is different and NOTHING wrong with that.  >:(

LgMouthGambler

Oh God no. Lews stuff on a Zillion? The agony.

Pz3

Dark3

Im already planning on putting a lews CF handle on the zonda

LgMouthGambler

Quote from: Dark3 on December 05, 2014, 01:22:41 PM
Im already planning on putting a lews CF handle on the zonda

I thought I knew you.  :bang

Capt. BassinLou

What is this becoming the island of Dr Moreau!! Lol!!

Capt. BassinLou

LMG you see what you started combining the Chronarch and Curado!!! Madness I say!!

LgMouthGambler

Quote from: Bassinlou on December 05, 2014, 01:42:22 PM
LMG you see what you started combining the Chronarch and Curado!!! Madness I say!!

But at least it was all Japanese. He wants to put Chinese/Korean garbage on a Zonda. WTF?! :st:)

ccr425

Lou is a bad influence ........

Christmas present to myself!

Capt. BassinLou

Lol!! I AM A BAD INFLUENCE!! ROTFL!! Dude my reel only cost $150. I could have bought probably 3 Ch50's for that 1 reel you got!! Btw... sweet reel. Your 2nd one right? 

LgMouthGambler

HAHA!! And the race begins!!  ~roflmao

Capt. BassinLou

Quote from: ccr425 on December 05, 2014, 02:14:18 PM
Lou is a bad influence ........

Christmas present to myself!
Yeah... i just looked up the reel. MERRY XMAS indeed!!

You know what though, i better not complain one bit. I got the new reel and a new TM. That adds up to a couple of Metaniums... lol!!.. Enjoy the new reel.

Dark3

Scratch that. I just realized the swept hawgs are only 59. I was thinking the straights were 50 and the swepts were like a 100 so nevermind, I dont need to cheap up the zonda. Im pretty sure it souldnt come as a suprise that im trying to save a penny if you recall the thousands and thousands I spent this year on gear and tackle.