Thought on Rod Handle

Started by greenpig, November 11, 2023, 07:10:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

greenpig

hi forum
How about Fishing Rod Handle that can be size of the length adjustable?
not just for folding. but which you can adjust the handle length and set it to fix.
I think that can be more useful while fishing since you can change the length of the handle
at any time for convenient.

any comments is welcome.

Capt. BassinLou

You ask very creative questions. Are you an engineer or an inventor?

Princeton_Man

Quote from: greenpig on November 11, 2023, 07:10:04 AMhi forum
How about Fishing Rod Handle that can be size of the length adjustable?
not just for folding. but which you can adjust the handle length and set it to fix.
I think that can be more useful while fishing since you can change the length of the handle
at any time for convenient.

any comments is welcome.

That would change the rod balance, it's characteristics, probably add weight. Balance, weight. Nope, not for me.
Stratos 285 XL Pro 150 Evinrude ETEC

Dobyns Rods - LSCR Club

Smallie_Stalker

Some years back a big name brand tried this idea. I can't remember which company it was, and part of the reason for that is because they sold so little of the rods that they took them off the market within a year.

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk

Dobyns Rods   Titan Tungsten   Abu Garcia  Berkley  Pflueger  Spiderwire

loomisguy

I'm with smallie, there was a lesser-known company that tried it.  With today's emphasis on weight and balance I don't think it would ever work with metal hardware.
Some sort of carbon fiber locking system??

Princeton_Man

How about this?

A .22LR Survival Rod? Push a button to deploy the barrel, load a 30 round magazine into the reel seat, fire by turning the crank. lo

Dobyns Rods - LSCR Club

J.W.

Quote from: Princeton_Man on November 13, 2023, 06:51:18 AMHow about this?

A .22LR Survival Rod? Push a button to deploy the barrel, load a 30 round magazine into the reel seat, fire by turning the crank. lo

I'd be too tempted to use it on jetskis and wakeboats.

Princeton_Man

Quote from: J.W. on November 13, 2023, 12:17:50 PM
Quote from: Princeton_Man on November 13, 2023, 06:51:18 AMHow about this?

I'd be too tempted to use it on jetskis and wakeboats.
~roflmao ~roflmao

Dobyns Rods - LSCR Club

Pferox

There are a few rods that have TELESCOPIC grips, most are for inshore/surf fishing where long casts are desired.  Sorry, I don't know the brand, but there is a catfish rod that has telescoping handles for the person who fished in a kayak and then off the bank.  Once again for better casting distance.
"If you think you are too small to be effective, you have never been in bed with a mosquito" - African Proverb.  Jim

Hobious

Megabass Valkyrie rods have an adjustable butt section.  it isn't unheard of.