DJI mini II Drone

Started by Captsteve, May 01, 2024, 06:21:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Captsteve

I'm waiting on my drone to be delivered. New captain on the boat has one they are great. Had to order one. So, I'll be posting airiel photos soon. Also be using it to scout out the lake.

They are very affordable, only cost $299

Here are a few  example of some he took of our offshore boat.

Sent from my SM-X808U using Tapatalk

Steve
Headed for the Lake

Donald Garner

Steve, tks for sharing those pictures with us.  I take it that small green boat is the one you captain?  What kind of ship is that that you ferry the crews out too?
Belton Texas part of God's Country
Stratos 285 Pro XL Yamaha 150 VMax; Lowrance Hook 7 Electronics; Minn Kota Foretrex Trolling Motor

G3 1548 Alwed Jon boat Yamaha 25hp outboard 

J.W.

Captsteve

Quote from: J.W. on May 01, 2024, 09:50:07 AMLooks like a drillship.
Yes

Steve
Headed for the Lake

Captsteve

Quote from: Donald Garner on May 01, 2024, 09:30:41 AMSteve, tks for sharing those pictures with us.  I take it that small green boat is the one you captain?  What kind of ship is that that you ferry the crews out too?
Yes, but that small boat is 205' long. Just to put it into perspective.

Steve
Headed for the Lake

BASSCATLILDAVE

That will make some awesome shots

Princeton_Man

Quote from: Captsteve on May 01, 2024, 12:08:28 PM
Quote from: Donald Garner on May 01, 2024, 09:30:41 AMSteve, tks for sharing those pictures with us.  I take it that small green boat is the one you captain?  What kind of ship is that that you ferry the crews out too?

The ship my dad sailed on the Great Lakes for many years was the Thomas Wilson. It was a little over 600' long. Talk about a playground when I was a youngster! It was great! It's the longest boat I've ever driven... at the age of seven!
Stratos 285 XL Pro 150 Evinrude ETEC

Dobyns Rods - LSCR Club

Captsteve

Quote from: Princeton_Man on May 01, 2024, 07:17:08 PM

The ship my dad sailed on the Great Lakes for many years was the Thomas Wilson. It was a little over 600' long. Talk about a playground when I was a youngster! It was great! It's the longest boat I've ever driven... at the age of seven!
Looks like an oar hauler, like the Edmound Fitzgerald.

Steve
Headed for the Lake

Donald Garner

Wow, 205ft long.  That's a big boat for sure.  Tks again for sharing those pictures.
Belton Texas part of God's Country
Stratos 285 Pro XL Yamaha 150 VMax; Lowrance Hook 7 Electronics; Minn Kota Foretrex Trolling Motor

G3 1548 Alwed Jon boat Yamaha 25hp outboard 

Princeton_Man

Quote from: Captsteve on May 02, 2024, 06:01:46 AM
Quote from: Princeton_Man on May 01, 2024, 07:17:08 PM

Looks like an oar hauler, like the Edmound Fitzgerald.

She was, she hauled iron ore and coal. I got to make quite a few trips with him. I'm not sure I ever made it to Ontario, but I remember a lot from those times. Passing through the Locks was an adventure, with my trusty Zebco rod and reel I was catching fish (from the engine room) and catching Seagulls off the stern while out on the lakes. The engine room was amazing, watching her run. My dad lost some friends on the Fitzgerald. I remember him and my mom reading down the list. It was sad that the Thomas Wilson was eventually sold for scrap. It was being towed to some foreign destination, but it broke free during a storm on Lake Superior and sank.
Stratos 285 XL Pro 150 Evinrude ETEC

Dobyns Rods - LSCR Club