Holiday Park 12/20/08

Started by Triton Bob, December 20, 2008, 03:38:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Triton Bob

Launched out of Holiday Park this morning and headed north to the alley. I fished on the south canal heading west. Caught at least twenty fish up to fifteen inches within the first forty five minutes on about everything in the box. Now that's a lot of fun for a while then you just need to find that big one. So I started pitching but still little ones. Finally I hit one about three pounds on a fluke in the middle of the pads. I thought what the heck and started fishing a ten inch worm and caught one close to three pounds. About 10am I left for the cuts on L 67. Fished that for the next two hours and the same results. LOTS OF LITTLE FISH.

That's all for now.

Bob
Triton 19x2 225 Pro XS  8' Power Pole Minn Kota Terrova #80 w/Auto Pilot

ungotz

We wondered where you went after the bridge. Well, for us a lot of fun. Must have caught 60+ fish. Largest 2.5lbs on my favorite, "the chug bug". Top water was not that great for us. Flukes and finesse worked the best. I figured I would just practice using the finesse rod for awhile. My partner threw the 10 inch worm and caught fish smaller then the 10 inch worm. Funny as heck. Saw a ton of fish on the depth finder under the bridge and never caught anything there so I let the fluke sink to the bottom, bumped it twice and a 1.5lber. Going to try and hit the finesse rod under the bridge next time.
But had a great time. Overcast the whole time and cool weather. Gotta love it.

JAY DOG

good job guys ~c~ i never made it out yesterday :'( nothing wrong with days like that,nonstop action with the little fellas..hopefully i will be done with the holiday shopping gonna try and hit it up on tuesday maybe..will let you guys know...
Young Guns Fishing Team!!!!

ungotz

Jay,
I will be out there late Tuesday afternoon testing a Fury prop on my buddies new boat. I think we will hit the Miami canal for a few casts while we are there. I doubt you will be out for the afternoon but if you are give me a call and I can show you those areas there.

JAY DOG

afternoon just might work out on tuesday..if i can make it i will def call you seems like it would be a perfect time.any idea what time you think you will be out there? i can get my stuff done early and try and meet up with you.....

ungotz

Yea,
We should hit the ramp about 4 when he gets off. Figure we will be down the Miami canal about 420. ;D
Just give me a shout. If you are out there before me call me and I will tell you how to get to the canal and we will meet you out there and take about 2 minutes to show you those spots we talk about. If you take that center canal to the Miami canal it will cut off about 10 minutes of your run time.

JAY DOG

Ungotz sorry i couldn't make it out there trying to finish up all my holiday stuff...I did however take the boat out there for a few today just to make sure she was running right had some issues with her up at ansin garcia brought my son and a couple of rods with me..you know how it is can't seem to take the boat out without wetting a line.. ran the north canal a bit and the boat is running fine..thank god... so we stopped and fished a little and man it was dink fest..they were biting pretty good...caught a few in the short time we were there..mostly caught them on flukes...gotta love that..take the boat out for a test run and catch some feesh......happy holidays to all you guys..

ungotz

My buddy got off an hour early and we went out there and slayed them. Nothing major in that 40mph wind but fun all the same. I will be out there both Saturday and Sunday taking some buddies out so give a shout if anyone is going to be out there.

Triton Bob

ungotz,

I'll be out there Sunday as well. Not sure yet where I'll go. I would like to locate some of the bigger fish as I have a tournament coming up in a few weeks. May try the fingers and see what;s up there.

Bob

ungotz

Bob,
Give me a shout Saturday and we can make a game plan.

Triton Bob

spetro

Hey...FYI I will be out there from 0800 until mid afternoon doing vessel checks this Sunday.  We have the new 2009 decals that will be rewarded to those that pass.  Preston get that stern light of yours fixed by then.  Stop by our area.  We will be set up just to the east of the east ramp by the chiki huts ~sun ~sun ~sun

ungotz

Steve,
If the light doesn't come in today, I will just grab one out of my buddies Triton so I can see how the rest of it passes.

spetro

Oh...I almost forgot.  ANY UB MEMBER that shows up at HP will get a free UB decal.  Just ask!