Adopt A Family 2023 Raffle

Started by Mike Cork, November 13, 2023, 04:02:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mike Cork

I've got some more shout outs...

Bob, Bruce x2, Thomas, Bob, Bill, Kim, Matt, Gerald, Todd, David, Lynette, Hal, Megan, Dan, Joe and FD!!!!

Folks we have raised quite a bit and I know it's going to be a true Christmas Miracle for Jeff and Sylas. Thank you.

This isn't it, we have until about 4 PM today to get tickets bought. After that I got to get them all in the buck so we can do the drawing.

Thank you so much to everyone who has contributed so far. Remember, for just the cost of a couple baits, a trip to the coffee shop or lunch at a fast food place, we can make a huge difference in a family's holiday and you cd win some great prizes....

Apenland01 (first one to buy tickets)
Eric_Maine
Wolcy (put up the big money to give everyone BOGO until it's gone)
J.W.
CROSH324
Bassbuster88
SteveTX
Bassmedic46
ike8120
Bud Kennedy
SUPERDUDE
ebbc            x2
Skeeter_Bite
Capt. BassinLou
Pacific NW Ron
TNDiver
Twocold
Captsteve
Pat Dilling
Joshua Johnson
BassmanRudy
RangerAndBass
Mygreenihc
Chuck
Fish_in-1
Princeton_Man
Jared Leblue
Nats
Todd
Derek
Anthony
Douglas
BassinKorea
Jimmy
James
Carl
Richard
James
Shawn
D.W. Verts
Jacob
CaddyJoe77
Bob
Bruce       x2
Thomas
Bob
Bill
Kim
Matt
Gerald
Todd
David
Lynette
Hal
Megan
Dan
Joe
FD

Thank you so much everyone!!!! You all ROCK!! The Adopt A Family program is a shining example of what a group of anglers can do when they get together with the same goal!!!!

Mike

Fishing is more than just a hobby

Dobyns Rods - Monster Fishing Tackle
Cork's Reel Service

Donald Garner

Thank you all that has donated for this great cause.  I'm sure that the family receiving this will truly appreciate it.
Belton Texas part of God's Country
Stratos 285 Pro XL Yamaha 150 VMax; Lowrance Hook 7 Electronics; Minn Kota Foretrex Trolling Motor

G3 1548 Alwed Jon boat Yamaha 25hp outboard 

Mike Cork

Man the Fundraiser comes and goes so fast. It seems like in the last 30 days it's been nothing but a whirl wind of prizes, donations, tickets and trying to sneak attack the families with a surprise visit. However as many know the drawing was last night and here are the winners.

15 - $25 Bass Pro Shops Gift Card --- Jared Keaton
14 - $25 Bass Pro Shops Gift Card --- Todd Divelblis
13 - Missile Baits D-Stroyers & Magic Worms --- RangerAndBass
12 - Missile Baits Punch Kit --- Jared Keaton
11 - Daiwa Crossfire 2000 & Missile Baits Variety Pack --- Thomas Ross
10 - 10 Missile Baits Jigs & Missile Baits Flipping Kit --- MygreenIHC
09 - Bait Package from J. Hester Fly and Tackle Co. --- Bruce Comer
08 - $100 Mister Twister Bait Package --- MygreenIHC
07 - $50 Bass Pro Shop Gift Card & Missile Baits "Off Shore Structure kit" --- TwoCold
06 - $100 Academy Sports Gift Card --- Bruce Comer
05 - $100 Bass Pro Shops Gift Card --- Bassbuster88
04 - Bait Package from J. Hester Fly and Tackle Co. --- Bassbuster88
03 - Dobyns Fury ($129.99 Value) & Missile Baits Hat & Missle Baits Neko Kit --- SuperDude
02 - Dobyns Fury (&129.99 Value) & Abu Revo & Missile Baits Dropshot kit --- EBBC
01 - Dobyns Fred Roubanis Frog Rod & Dobyns Reel --- TNDiver
Grand Prize - FDx Custom Rod --- Jimmy Brown

With it being Christmas weekend I won't start hounding everyone for addresses until next week. If you see that you've won something and would like it as soon as possible, please shoot me a message and we'll work it out. The gift cards can be sent to an email or via text message.

I have a 2 pm appointment (tomorrow) with Jeff and his grandson, then right after that we will be visiting a second family. As I mentioned when doing the drawing last night, if we hit 10k we'd adopt two families and it happened. You all were very close and FD kicked in a few extra just to make sure.

I always come to a loss for words when trying to describe how truly blessed I am to be part of such an amazing group of people. I get thanked all the time for "holding" the fundraiser, but the truth is-- it's nothing more that a few hand cramps, losing a little fishing time  ~bb , and beating on a few doors. It's all of you that dig deep each year and make the Adopt A Family what it is today. I have been lucky enough to be able to present the funds to the Adopted Family a couple of the 12 years now and I have to say, I almost feel selfish. A video just doesn't show the joy/relief/faith that is restored when the Adopted Families realize what is happening. Come next year, if you have someone in your neighborhood or in your circle that could use some help, please please say something so we can add them to the list.

I'm rambling and most of you have probably stopped reading by now.

THANK YOU

Cork's Reel Service

Capt. BassinLou

Good stuff! Thank you, Mike. UB nation is the real deal.

D.W. Verts

I NEVER stop reading your stuff Mike. As always a huge THANK YOU for all you do. Merry Christmas, and TNDiver, PM me your address please.

Dale
Old School Bass Fishin' with D.W. Verts on YOUTUBE!
Solar Bat Sunglasses Pro Staff

TNDiver

Congratulations to all the winners, but more importantly to all that donated items and money to make this another huge success.  Always proud of our UB Family!  Hope everyone has a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!
There is nothing like sharing any moment outdoors with someone special!

UB Life Member: Starcraft Deck Boat with Minnkota Fortrex and Garmin Echomap Plus

Captsteve

Congratulations to tbe winners of the drawing. Congratulations toall who donated for helping others this Christmas season.

Sent from my SM-S918U using Tapatalk

Steve
Headed for the Lake

Pat Dilling

I knew I shoulda re-tied!!

bassmedic46

Thank you Mike for all that you do. Congratulations to all the winners. Merry Christmas Everyone
A bad day fishing is better then a good day at work. Take a kid fishing

caddyjoe77

pure joy in the heart with this one.
BeerMe

Donald Garner

Mike, Thanks for the update.

Thank you all for your time and donations for this great cause.  Congrats to all the drawing winners also  ~c~

Merry Christmas and a Safe and Happy Holidays to everyone.
Stratos 285 Pro XL Yamaha 150 VMax; Lowrance Hook 7 Electronics; Minn Kota Foretrex Trolling Motor

ike8120

Gary (ike8120)

"It's not whats best......It's whats best for you"

Wolcy

Thanks again Mike and everyone for all that you've done for this family and all the previous families!  Look forward to next year:)

Michael

apenland01

Congratulations to the family that will receive the money and help!  And congratulations to all the winners of the raffle!

Thanks for hosting this again Mike, always a cool event....

ebbc

~c~  ~c~ Awesome job Laurie and Mike as usual. Thanks to all of the donors and supporters.
Looking forward to next year already.

Mike Cork

Jeff and Sylas receiving their Christmas Blessing

it will publish at 1030 CST (5 minutes form this post)

Cork's Reel Service

Capt. BassinLou

That was awesome Mike, thank you for sharing that!  ~c~

Mike Cork

Here is Family number 2. Stephanie and her son. Stephanie's fiancé was killed while filling pot holes on Louisiana highway when a logging truck ran into the crew. Since they weren't married and the baby wasn't born yet, the life insurance company paid out to his estranged mother. Stephanie is having to deal with a lot of bills, the emotions of loosing her fiancé and fighting the insurance companies (life and trucking company). Lot's to her story that I can't get into without getting too personal for the forum. You will see Stephanie start looking through her phone to show us a picture of her fiancé, like the last video the tears started and we cut scene.

Cork's Reel Service

Princeton_Man

Thank you Mike & Laurie. I'm very proud to be a part of this UltimateBass family! ~c~
Stratos 285 XL Pro 150 Evinrude ETEC

Dobyns Rods - LSCR Club

ebbc

~c~  ~c~  ~c~  ~c~  ~c~  Just can't say enough. Congrats to the winners and thanks for the donors.
And of course Laurie and Mike.

Donald Garner

Laurie & Mike, thank you for sharing these update with us.  Great job as always  ~c~