Berkley Transition

Started by calincalif50, November 23, 2004, 01:44:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rickoos

Cal,

I did have some bird nest, well lets be truthful, maybe a few eagle nest, but it wasn't all the lines fault.....I was also setting up the new reels with the line. I also think that I put a little to much line on the reels too. After I had taken off some 15-25 yds I never had another problem with it.
You sure can see it too, its a bright amber glow and real easy to pick up on coming out of the water.....
I tried the 12 & 14 test line, I think that I will order some 17 or 20 today and see how that throws too.

Ricky
sponsors:
American Bass Angler Pro Staff, R & M Tackle, K & M Custom Rods, Secret Weapon Lures,Vicious Fishing Tournament Team, Driftwood Lures,  Fish Hedz/Save Phace,

calincalif50

I picked up the 17, 10 and 8 pound test.  should take me through all the ranges I'll need.  Got 30 lb for throwing the big swim baits but its spiderline, thinking of using the 50 lb gorilla braid so it doesn't break off throwing the big baits

danisfish

I got some of the 17 and used it on Cross this Sunday. I thought it did ok. Did not get a chance to fight any fish with it, but I had no problems pitching it. Not a single bird nest and I hit a dock or two tring to get way under them.

Siggy by DundeeMike

hooked

Rickoos who was the seller on Ebay? I'd like a deal like that!
So much to learn...such smart fish!

Rickoos

hey Hooked,

He hasn't been selling anything laterly. I check every night on E-bay by doing a search for Berkley line but he never comes up.....I will go through my old ebay files tonight and get his dealer name for you...........and post tomorrow...........

Ricky

He sure had a good deal going, I got 5 2-packs for 15.97 including shipping......the same as the packs at BPS @ 14.88 each.........
sponsors:
American Bass Angler Pro Staff, R & M Tackle, K & M Custom Rods, Secret Weapon Lures,Vicious Fishing Tournament Team, Driftwood Lures,  Fish Hedz/Save Phace,

calincalif50

Finally tried the new line....gotta love it.  Really works as advertised.  It dosne't hold uup well if you pull the knot too fast or don't lubricate it first.  Tends to break

Trey

I went to the Bassmaster University this weekend and Larry Nixon was talking about that Trasition.  He really likes it, but he warned about using it for casting.  It is just like flourocarbon in that it pitches like a dream; sinks like a rock; doesn't cast well; hard to tie knots in; very strong, but will break if it gets a kink (like from a bird's nest or a bad knot).  He really likes it for pitching becuase the line sinks, and that gives it excellent feel.  He said it is susceptable to backlashes when casted which that will weaken the line.  I am planning on trying it on my soft plastics rod.

Trey   8)
Give a man a fish and he'll eat for a day, teach a man to fish and you'll never see him again!

calincalif50

I only had some minor backlashes, nothing that couldn't be solved with one or two tries.