Current Favorite Spring Lures To Fish From Bank ?

Started by chrisD46, May 02, 2022, 06:29:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

chrisD46

What are your current favorite Spring lures to fish from the bank ?

Smallie_Stalker

While it depends on what phase of spring the fish are in I have a few lures to cover the water column and thus my bases.

Topwater, a couple of moving baits and then one or two I can drag bottom with or pitch into the new grass or pads that are coming up.

I usually start of with a top water or a moving bait.

If the topwater bite is not happening then lipless cranks and spinnerbaits can cover a lot of the water column at a variety of speeds. I'm partial to the lipless crank because I personally feel there are more ways to fish it than the spinnerbait but both can get the job done.

One of the keys with the moving baits is that even if you don't catch a fish with it a lot of times you can get them to show themselves. Then you can slow down and adjust or change out to something else

For bottom draggers I usually have a T-rig  of some sort usually a craw in spring, and a jig with a few different trailers.

Senko style baits can also be good and offer a number of rigging and presentation options.

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk
Dobyns Rods   Titan Tungsten   Abu Garcia  Berkley  Pflueger  Spiderwire

chrisD46

Good reply - all mentioned are good candidates . For topwater I am adding in a hollow body frog , popper , "woops"y dawg , whopper plopper and buzz bait . For below I will try a 7" ribbon tail worm in blue gill color weightless and just swim it around fry guarders . For the bottom a shaky head and Ned Rig should work . It all depends on weed growth as to what I choose so I can reduce hang ups from the bank . Lastly , I am thinking about flipping / pitching into weed mats right next to the shore from the bank to see if any sizable bass stay behind ?

bassjiggin1955

1/8oz. & 1/4oz. Finesse jigs and Yamamoto twin tail 4" grubs
3/8oz. chatterbaits
1/4oz. Spinnerbaits
Building and fishing jigs since 1977

big g

From the bank with all the pads and thick weeds it would be plastics.  Three that I throw more then any other, are the 4" Senko type bait, a Zoom super fluke, and a zoom U-tail, all Texas rigged with either no weight, or a 1/32 bullet weight.  I change up the retrieve until I find what they want that day.  Natural colors when the suns out, and dark colors during low light conditions.  Concentrating on green weedy areas when the sun is high, and drop offs and ledges during the early mornings or late afternoons. 

This works during all seasons in the topics of south Florida.
(Fish) - P/B 11.4, Everglades, L67, L28, Little 67, Alligator Alley, Sawgrass, Holey Land, Loxahatchee, Ida, Osbourne, Okeechobee, Weston Lakes. Broward and Dade Canals.