More on Fluorocarbon line...personal opinion...

Started by coldfront, September 14, 2008, 10:25:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

pawpaw

Quote from: blake711 on September 16, 2008, 02:57:08 PM
Yup nothing you can do about caps lock and Speeling errurs.   I can block images, adds and emoticons that annoy me with my browser but poor spelling and grammar Firefox doesn't have an add on for yet.   As you will notice 99% of my posts are edited because as soon as I hit post I reread it and find an error I made so I have to go fix it. lo
Oh, Blake I allways thought you were just wishy-washy. ;D
I don't mind not knowing all the answers, but I keep forgeting the danged questions.

blake711

Quote from: pawpaw on September 16, 2008, 04:19:38 PM
Oh, Blake I allways thought you were just wishy-washy. ;D
That was funny right there pawpaw..   ~roflmao

Ron Fogelson

Quote from: CHUNKY C on September 16, 2008, 03:03:06 PM
My co-workers say I yell when I talk LOL!!! No problem Fogy...I like given people a hard time. I like it better when they give me one back. :toot: ~goof

Chicky C

COOL!  WE WILL GET ALONG GREAT                 ~roflmao ~roflmao ~roflmao

Warpath

I do the same baron; I always tie the night before, or earlier.  I actually did that tday for a tourney on Sunday. 

And since I did that, I realized that I do something that I'm leaving out.  When I tie new lures to fluoro, I don't spit on the knot.  I actually use reel magic to lube the line up before I cinch the knot.  I think I saw Jason Quinn doing that to Fluoro line.  I think he uses Vicious line and what they call a San Diego knot (?).  I'm not sure what that is but I still use the Reel Magic to lube the line.  It might help, who knows.....

Eric

Baron49

That's what makes fishing and forums so much fun.  Some can't spell, some can't post pictures, some can't fish, some are even wishy washy......but EVERYONE has an opinion..... lo

pawpaw

Quote from: baron49 on September 17, 2008, 11:31:01 AM
That's what makes fishing and forums so much fun.  Some can't spell, some can't post pictures, some can't fish, some are even wishy washy......but EVERYONE has an opinion..... lo
I like that Baron.
            Warpath I saw that too, but I don"t remember who it was.
            I saw somewhere not to tie floro untill you were ready to use it. Can't remember where that was either. What were we talking about again? ???
I don't mind not knowing all the answers, but I keep forgeting the danged questions.

BassBandit

coldfront

Quote from: BassBandit on September 17, 2008, 01:08:18 PM
I always find it humor that some like to spit or lick the line before cinching it. Before cinching I have the tendency to lower the lure in the water to wet the line then cinch it down.

I actually put the whole knot in my mouth to wet it before cincing down.  whether flouro or mono...
now, with stuff like blue-green algae and other wonderful organisms that can wreak havoc with a guys lower intestine in the water, is that a great idea?   uh-uh.

But I always enjoy watching our boy Bill Dance bite down on his lead splitshot... :shocking:  again, something I've never, ever, personally done... ~b~

CHUNKY C

DINKS R' US

BassBandit

blake711

I like to tie my palomar knots with my tongue like a drunken college co-ed in girls gone fishing wild.   ;D

I have bit split shot with my teeth my whole life.  It never caused me to do anything crazy like killing all the peasants or breeding with my sister the future queen.

Blake

CHUNKY C

Now that funny as S#*T right thar... I don't care who ya are!!!!!
DINKS R' US

Richard Cooper

i have been fishing flurocarbon for about 5 years or more now since the first batch of vanish was made, and i had a very bad experience with vanish my first outting with it.  I was fishing a BFL tournament and broke off four fish on the hookset.  my next line test was with the bps xps flurocarbon which was a lot better than the vanish on knot strength and is suprisingly a limp easily controled line, but did not have the abrassion resistance that i was looking for.  After trying numerous other lines including $40 a spool sunline, i ran into triplefish flurocarbon, and gave it a try.  This is by far the best flurocarbon on the market bar none!  It has almost no memory, incredible feel, and i have swung 7lb fish in the boat with this line, which is unheard of with flurocarbon especially 12-15lb.  The best part about it is that it is the most affordable line also.  for a spool of 12 lb depending on what kind of sale they are having you will only spend 7-11 dollars on it!  I have purchased over 60 spools of it now and could not be happier.  Check it out at www.triplefishlines.com
Richard Cooper

Kistler Rods, Albackore Tackle Storage, Kidlizard Bait Company, Tripple Fish Lines

CHUNKY C

Do they sell it at bass pros or is it an online order only ?
DINKS R' US

BassBandit

Richard Cooper

i always order directly from the site, they always seem to have some kind of sale on their website.  Tackewarehouse also had it a while back not sure if they still do.  like i said i have paid all the way up to 40 dollars a spool for flurocarbon and this is the best i have ever used by far.
Richard Cooper

Kistler Rods, Albackore Tackle Storage, Kidlizard Bait Company, Tripple Fish Lines