2006 Ultimate Bass Rally General Discussion

Started by MotherNature, June 28, 2005, 06:14:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MotherNature

2006 Ultimate Bass Ralley General Discussion

We have decided to split the UBCS due to the lack of participation of the clubs on the site. The 2006 UBCS will be hosted by the Lock Jaw Bass Club and when Rattle gets the information together he will let us know when it is going to be held.

The Ultimate Bass Ralley is going to be a Site Wide Event. All members will be invited to fish either single or with a partner.

The idea here is get as many people involved as possible in the event and to have a get together where all of our members have the oppertunity to meet and get to know the people that they are talking with daily on the site.

We have talked about places to hold the tournament and think that Table Rock would be a great place to hold the First Annual Ultimate Bass Ralley. We have a reliable contact there that can help with the foot work and the communication between the lauch, hotel/marina, and the community that we will be dealing with.

I would love to hear your thoughts and ideas on this as we would like to get it going full speed ahead as soon as possible.

Laurie

.·´¯`·.><((((º>`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸><((((º>

Creel Limit Zero

MotherNature

Creel Limit Zero

Well, still just as far as La.  Wherever it is, I hope it works with my schedule. 

fishforfree

I'm all for it.

After meeting some of the coolest people at the UBCS this past weekend, I can't wait to meet more at the first UB Rally. 

Count me in.......................wherever!

MotherNature

I hope so too. I am trying to set up something that will allow us to have a mini trade show on maybe Friday so that our sponsors can come in and show off what they have and some of the members can visit with them. We had Legend show up at the UBCS and it turned out great! I am hoping to get some representation at the Ralley... So what do you think? Who would you like to see there?

fishforfree

Who would I like to see..................as in UB members

or

what companies?

MotherNature

Sorry... don't you guys know you are supposed to be able to read my mind lo lo

What companies would you like to see at our mini trade show if we can get one together?

fishforfree

After I replied I thought :-\ I'd like to meet everybody from UB.  Dumb question on my part.

Ok................

I'd like to see all of the site sponsors.

Legend Boats again.
Gambler-Bang
LureEyes

MotherNature

fishforfree

lo lo lo

LureEyes is the type of sunglasses I wear.  They are made of titanium and weigh less than an ounce.  I told everyone (except you I guess) about them at the UBCS.

Their web site is http://www.lureeyes.com

Way cool............... 8)

Lipripper

Table Rock now that's no to far from Chicago. Hummm

Kats Rule And Bass Drool.Viet Nam Vet

fishforfree

CouchTater

Sounds like a good time to be had by all.  Wouldn't mind meeting Lip either, although he already has an open invite to the Heart Of Dixie for some Kitty fishing!

According to Rand Mcnally it is 579 miles from my house to the lake...  Wonder if my wife will give me a kitchen pass for the weekend.  :D  ~shhh  :surrender:
@BamaBass Twitter
@BamaBass78 Instagram

Lipripper

eye will have to keep my eye's open for the details and see what can be worked out.  ;D eye'm saving up my pennies for a trip up to see silversalmon next year too  ~c~ ~c~ Only need 999,600 more pennies to go now  :roll2: :roll2: and would like to meet all of ya'll too  ~c~ ~c~

fishforfree

Bring it on Couch Tater.................love to meet ya!!!

Jared LeBlue

I love the idea of the rally. We are still going to work hard on the UBCS and try to get more clubs to participate. I do believe we will need to have the tournaments at least 5 to 6 months apart. That way some will have time to recoup and afford to fish the other. I also think we would have more participation in the rally if it was held in the summer. That would put the UBCS in the spring and that could help that tournament. I also considered putting on a regional UBCS and then having a Championship UBCS . Basically what we would do is have 4 regions or more depending on the how many clubs we have and where they are located. The club that wins it's region would advance to the championship tournament. Now obviously this is just brain storming but it is something that we can look at. We will see how the UBCS goes this upcoming year and start working on a regional type tournament for next year. I'm sure Laurie is reading this in :shocking::roll2:
Ardent Prostaff

Fishaholic

I suppose I'd have to figure out how to get there too...got a hard push from a friend of mine  ;) but then I'd hate to come that far and not be competing for the first time...yikes, did I say what I think I said? hmmmmm...yeah, OK, I want to compete. :roll2:

fishforfree

Compete........................no worry about that bro.

I just fished my but off for 4 days and caught one keeper fish and it wasn't during the tournament.

But I did happen to meet about 35 or 40 new friends that were cooler than any fish I could have caught.  I promise you that!!

That's what you go for bro..................so we can meet ya!!!

Fishaholic

ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh...I see the fog has lifted.

~shhh

Lipripper

Fish us no boaters would have to work something out for sure and it would be fun. We don't live to far from eachother and you would have to come close to my house on the way  ;)

MotherNature

Quote from: Rattle on June 28, 2005, 08:49:02 PM
I'm sure Laurie is reading this in :shocking:. :roll2:

Yea I always hope that my staff members will keep my in the loop lo but i guess reading it here is better than not reading it at all ;) I like the sounds of regional I just hope you are prepared to head it all up and make sure it is all handled with the utmost professionalism :)

fishforfree

I'm a non-boater too.  You just gotta find a UB partner with a boat.

Jared LeBlue

Absolutely! Of course if we do something like that and that is a big "if" you may want to look at expanding the event staff. Like I told Scott today on the phone I never turn down help. lo
Ardent Prostaff

MotherNature

I guess the alternative to that would be to introduce a new member to Ultimate Bass  :-* So if you have that friend that you just can't get to visit the site but you can get them to come to the Ralley you might be able to foster a new member to the site...

This is all speculation on what could be possible.