Day use storage

Started by Mike Cork, July 29, 2019, 04:35:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mike Cork

My center box, where I keep the majority of my hard tackle is also where I simply hang my "baits of the day" in the carpet.

Don't drive them into the carpet but just lay them with a little pressure. When you go to get a bait, push towards the carpet and lift.

Ive been doing this for 20 years and I've probably only had two or three baits actually hang in the carpet and need forcefully pulled out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Fishing is more than just a hobby

Dobyns Rods - Monster Fishing Tackle
Cork's Reel Service

Donald Garner

Mike tks for sharing the tip with us. 
Belton Texas part of God's Country
Stratos 285 Pro XL Yamaha 150 VMax; Lowrance Hook 7 Electronics; Minn Kota Foretrex Trolling Motor

G3 1548 Alwed Jon boat Yamaha 25hp outboard 

Bud Kennedy

Oh Heck No.  That just does not look right.  I use a double tier plano box for baits like this that will be used on that day.  Very typical for me to use when fishing as a co.  I use this box and a very small pouch for soft plastics and thats it.

Mike Cork

Sorry Bud, but that's got snaps and buckles that have to be fumbled with.... I need to grab and go... plus my baits never tangle with each other.

Granted it's not for everyone. My buddy drove a hook through his finger when his bait re snagged the carpet.

This is perfect, the sides of my storage box are now useful, allowing me to utilize every inch of the box....

Cork's Reel Service

Bud Kennedy

Snag and go huh.  Whats your hurry.  You need to learn how to chill a bit while fishing.  LOL.  God help you should you have to Pee.  Probably don't have time for that either.

~roflmao

Mike Cork

~roflmao usually wait until I have to idle through the trees, then it's one foot in the steering wheel and one.... well I'm sure you can get the picture...

If I'm not catching one... I'm scratching, clawing, thinking, changing, moving, doing what every it takes to get the next bite. If I spend 5 minutes changing a bait it's 4 minutes and 40 seconds I didn't make casts and didn't learn anything... I know I have a serious problem... ~b~

Cork's Reel Service

LgMouthGambler

Quote from: Mike Cork on July 30, 2019, 08:44:01 AM
~roflmao usually wait until I have to idle through the trees, then it's one foot in the steering wheel and one.... well I'm sure you can get the picture...

Thats some of the craziest chit ive read!  ~roflmao
My wife says she is gonna leave me if I go fishing one more time........lord how I will miss that woman.

SteveTX

That is interesting. I have stored some crankbaits like that purely accidentally.  lo I was usually  ~xyz while trying to remove them. But the concept is different. I could see that working once you got the feel for removing them easily.

Obviously I don't tournament fish for $ but I still value my time on the water. I have changed my storage options as well but its on my plastics. I use a lot of trailers and have found the Plano box to be a better/quicker option to pick out colors etc. It lets me see a lot of options sometimes reminding me of a color I may have forgotten about had it been still in bags. 
Gene Larew box with a few other brands in the center.

Pit Boss
Z Craws

Paca Craws
I don't throw cranks a ton so mine usually stay in the boxes unless I know I am going to a place I plan to use them. Then I usually don't make many changes from my 4 crankbait rods I have already setup. If I do I have the plastic cup phone holder caddy that has hook holders around the edge that mine go in to dry.