Rod Tip Salvage

Started by FlatsNBay, April 09, 2023, 01:05:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FlatsNBay

If you ever break your rod, before throwing it away save the rod tip for a future replacement tip. Heat up the rod tip  with a lighter, then grab the tip with a rag and pull it off. It beats buying one of those replacement kits down the road containing a cheap substandard rod tip.

Sent from my moto e5 play using Tapatalk

Smallie_Stalker

Quote from: FlatsNBay on April 09, 2023, 01:05:07 PM
If you ever break your rod, before throwing it away save the rod tip for a future replacement tip. Heat up the rod tip  with a lighter, then grab the tip with a rag and pull it off. It beats buying one of those replacement kits down the road containing a cheap substandard rod tip.

Sent from my moto e5 play using Tapatalk
Excellent tip (no pun intended) Steve!

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk

Dobyns Rods   Titan Tungsten   Abu Garcia  Berkley  Pflueger  Spiderwire

alvaro1

Oh man, I wish I knew this before! I've tossed so many broken rods in the past. Thanks for the tip!
📍Jacksonville, FL | Inshore & Offshore Fishing | | 🌅Sunset Chaser | 🚤Boat Life E

Pferox

Great tip Flats, I even go to the point of taking off all of the guides and use them to repair rods with bad guides.  Sometimes it isn't pretty, but it still gets the job done.
"If you think you are too small to be effective, you have never been in bed with a mosquito" - African Proverb.  Jim