Couple Service related questions

Started by Dark3, May 05, 2024, 04:56:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dark3

Hope everyone is doing great. Boat is about ready for a season of NNY smallmouth fishing. Is there anything I should do for my TM? I changed the remote battery and tested it but thats it. Im also having some superficial damage to the back of my motor from hitting the sheetrock in the garage. Im careful but its so close it just keeps scuffing, Im going to put something on the wall there but what do you guys think, some sort of rubbing compound? I want to throw a coat of wax but want to try to clean it up first and get the white paint transfer out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Princeton_Man

How often do you pull your props and inspect for line wrapped behind the prop? I'd replace the decal on the motor and use a little cleaning/polishing compound on the scuff. The decal should be easy to remove with a hairdryer and the remaining outline will make placing the new 0 easy.
Stratos 285 XL Pro 150 Evinrude ETEC

Dobyns Rods - LSCR Club

Dark3

Quote from: Princeton_Man on May 05, 2024, 05:43:37 PMHow often do you pull your props and inspect for line wrapped behind the prop? I'd replace the decal on the motor and use a little cleaning/polishing compound on the scuff. The decal should be easy to remove with a hairdryer and the remaining outline will make placing the new 0 easy.
I have never done that, I guess I should.

Dark3

Whats with the slotted bolt? Anything I should know about taking off and removing the prop, blue locktite or no etc??

FlatsNBay

No loc tite. You want to be able to take the prop off regularly to inspect for line. I got an aftermarket Bobs Machine Shop prop nut that was supposed to make taking the nut off easier. It was harder!

I'd using some light rubbing compound on your scratch then a nice wax after your done.

Dark3

Quote from: FlatsNBay on May 05, 2024, 06:53:36 PMNo loc tite. You want to be able to take the prop off regularly to inspect for line. I got an aftermarket Bobs Machine Shop prop nut that was supposed to make taking the nut off easier. It was harder!

I'd using some light rubbing compound on your scratch then a nice wax after your done.
Thanks!

Dark3

Im going to order a 9.9 sticker for the back to replace the 150 haha. Karens dont know the difference I would suspect.

caddyjoe77

i would suspect they would not but a game warden might :D 

did you try turning your motor to the right or left, just to give your TM a little more room or turn the boat just a nudge? 
BeerMe

Princeton_Man

Quote from: Dark3 on May 05, 2024, 07:29:30 PMIm going to order a 9.9 sticker for the back to replace the 150 haha. Karens dont know the difference I would suspect.

~roflmao ~roflmao

In the event that you shear off the shear pin, the slot is for a screwdriver to hold the shaft while using an open end wrench to back the nut off. The nylon lock nut create some resistance until you have it backed off quite a bit.

If you use the G-Force prop nut and shear off the shear pin, you may have to use a lot of four letter words to get it off.  lo

Stratos 285 XL Pro 150 Evinrude ETEC

Dobyns Rods - LSCR Club

Dark3

Quote from: caddyjoe77 on May 05, 2024, 08:34:44 PMi would suspect they would not but a game warden might :D 

did you try turning your motor to the right or left, just to give your TM a little more room or turn the boat just a nudge?
I have a quick release mount so I can slide it back out of the way of the door. Havent tried turning the motor. I have about 4" of room straight in.