Conquest 844 vs 904

Started by T7Headturner, May 15, 2022, 11:08:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

T7Headturner

Happen Ya'll
I'm ordering my first Conquest. It will be my 1/2oz Jig rod. Football Head chasing Spots.

I'm familiar with the 904 in the IMX-Pro line. Which brings my to my question...
   Its a tip heavy rod, plan and simple and all the reviews Ive read are the same for the Conquest and even the NRX+.... I will have a 4.6oz reel attached.

I can't seem to find a legit answer regarding how tip heavy they are... I want a balanced rod that's why I'm pondering just going with the 844...

Is the Conquest 904 MBR a tip heavy rod ?

I don't have a local dealer to test one. Any help would be much appreciated..

Thanks
-Tim
"Turnin' Frogs Into Toads"

Eric-Maine

I have a nrx + 754c paired with a lews skipping reel. I like it a lot. Feels good and is balanced. I over the years I have used a nrx 753c as a jig rod. I thought  I loved that set up until the 4 power.

Not sure how to judge tip heaviness. Maybe the extra inch gives it some  xtra balance. I like it though. Love the new Lews.

I pretty  much exclusively use a 1/2 0z arky style jig. I prefer a spinning rod for football heads in deep water.

Sent from my SM-G781U using Tapatalk

loomisguy

Any 90 inch heavy powered rod is going to be tip heavy . The 894 NRX is a touch tippy even with a Curado E7 .
Personally, neither the 904 or 844 would be my first choice ,and I really don't think the Conquest is worth the price difference over the NRX.
In a Loomis the NRX 894 or 873 crr would be the way to go . Both are just outstanding 1/2 oz. jig and T-rig rods IMHO.