Tyler Rivet leads after Day 1 on Sam Rayburn!

Started by BassmanRudy, October 20, 2022, 09:54:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BassmanRudy

Tyler Rivet from Louisiana is leading Day 1 of the Central Open on Sam Rayburn with 20lbs 14oz. Big bass of the tourney so far is a 7lb 12oz bass for Kyle Austin who's currently in 2d place with 20lbs as well.

They've had some major weather fronts this week and I think personally the fishing will only get better tomorrow and Sunday. Lake is 6' Low and looking at some of the pics hard to recognize it!
"Rudy"
I use Mister Twister Baits!
www.mistertwister.com

J.W.

I watched the weigh in today after work. I was surprised to see so many bags in the 19s-20s considering the cold snap that's come through recently. I figured it would only take about 15 pounds to be in the top ten today, but I underestimated. I think you're right about it picking up from here, and everyone knows Rayburn's got some big ones.
I'm pulling for LeBrun.

Mike Cork

Weekend pressure has a way of putting the brakes on a good bite. People just don't respect and the big flights of the open, many anglers don't get out until lake and I imagine there is a decent early bite... Not trying to put a damper on big stringers but I wouldn't be surprised to see the big weights drop a bit because of local pressure. However the improving weather is always a great thing this time of year....

Fishing is more than just a hobby

Dobyns Rods - Monster Fishing Tackle
Cork's Reel Service

J.W.

Quote from: Mike Cork on October 21, 2022, 08:47:55 AM
Weekend pressure has a way of putting the brakes on a good bite. People just don't respect and the big flights of the open, many anglers don't get out until lake and I imagine there is a decent early bite... Not trying to put a damper on big stringers but I wouldn't be surprised to see the big weights drop a bit because of local pressure. However the improving weather is always a great thing this time of year....

Good point. Looking at BassTrakk right now, the bags do seem to be on the small side so far. I figured Rayburn is big enough for the pressure to "spread out," but there are a lot of boats. I wonder if the water is low enough that there's less fishable water, too. I haven't ever fished Sam Rayburn, but on Google Earth it looks like the north end dries up first when the water drops. I wonder what it looks like right now.

BassmanRudy

It's def changed things up! Makes running around really dangerous especially in the Black Forest area. So much flooded timber out there in play now.

Rayburn is one of the biggest lakes around so 200 boats will have room to get away from ea other. Tomorrow is when the local events will factor but also just Top 10 fishing the Open. I think BASS was very smart to do that and avoid some of the other big tourneys.
"Rudy"
I use Mister Twister Baits!
www.mistertwister.com