Soooo,,, I'm buying another boat,,,

Started by Capt. BassinLou, June 26, 2020, 08:01:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Capt. BassinLou

After tomorrow, I will be posting on this forum a lot more than I have in the past.  :)

After Flatsnbay's posted his BassHunter thread a few months back, the seed of owning a small boat was planted in my head. Long story short, I will be purchasing Flatsnbay's BassHunter from him tomorrow, and breaking it in  right away tomorrow afternoon.  :) :) Stay tuned!!

Princeton_Man

Nice! ~c~
I've been wanting to buy a smaller tin boat. I just can't seem to save enough money before something else needs to be replaced. There are a lot of smaller waters with some very nice fish were I can't put my Stratos in.
Stratos 285 XL Pro 150 Evinrude ETEC

Dobyns Rods - LSCR Club

Capt. BassinLou

Quote from: Princeton_Man on June 26, 2020, 08:51:40 AM
Nice! ~c~
I've been wanting to buy a smaller tin boat. I just can't seem to save enough money before something else needs to be replaced. There are a lot of smaller waters with some very nice fish were I can't put my Stratos in.

Thanks Jim. I fished with Flats last week to get a hands on feel of this boat, and for the area I intend to fish, this little boat will be perfect!!  v~ v~

Smallie_Stalker

Congrats Lou.

I had a 12 ft deep V aluminum years many years ago that I wish I still had today. Great for smaller bodies of water and hard to reach places where a big rig can't go.

Good to see the boat will stay in the UB family.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Dobyns Rods   Titan Tungsten   Abu Garcia  Berkley  Pflueger  Spiderwire

Capt. BassinLou

Quote from: Smallie_Stalker on June 26, 2020, 12:59:06 PM
Congrats Lou.

I had a 12 ft deep V aluminum years many years ago that I wish I still had today. Great for smaller bodies of water and hard to reach places where a big rig can't go.

Good to see the boat will stay in the UB family.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk
Thanks Jim. Looking forward fishing out of this little boat.

Donald Garner

Congrats on the getting the new smaller boat.  I really enjoy fishing out of my G3 1548 Alwed Jon boat. 
Belton Texas part of God's Country
Stratos 285 Pro XL Yamaha 150 VMax; Lowrance Hook 7 Electronics; Minn Kota Foretrex Trolling Motor

G3 1548 Alwed Jon boat Yamaha 25hp outboard 

Capt. BassinLou

Quote from: Donald Garner on June 26, 2020, 05:13:04 PM
Congrats on the getting the new smaller boat.  I really enjoy fishing out of my G3 1548 Alwed Jon boat.
Thanks Donald.

FD

Josh and I were talking about getting one last weekend to bust some small ponds around lakeland.  Great minds think alike.
Arti-FISH-ial Entertainment Guide Service
FDx Custom Rods                                   SwampCat Boat Works

Capt. BassinLou

Quote from: FD on June 26, 2020, 07:27:18 PM
Josh and I were talking about getting one last weekend to bust some small ponds around lakeland.  Great minds think alike.

Deadeye

I've been considering a move like this for a couple of years now. Instead I'm going a different way.

On one of our Vacations we rented Kayaks. It is something she has wanted to try for a couple of years.

After trying them we decided to go for it and get ones we liked. We found the ones we want but with Covid everyone was buying them and they were not is stock. Hers finally is and mine is in another store I can drive to if I want or wait. Both are fishing style, but mine is a more stable model and better for what I want out of one.

Hope yours works great for you!

Capt. BassinLou

My new to me Baby Bass Hunter is home!!

Capt. BassinLou

Loaded up and lvg to break it in the glades. Report to follow. ;)

FlatsNBay

The boat record is 6-15. We expect you to beat that in short order!

Sent from my moto e5 play using Tapatalk

Capt. BassinLou

Quote from: FlatsNBay on June 27, 2020, 01:55:45 PM
The boat record is 6-15. We expect you to beat that in short order!

Sent from my moto e5 play using Tapatalk
We weren't even remotely close to that record today. But we did break the boat in with a bass each. 

Donald Garner

Congrats on the catching out of your new boat there.  Tks for sharing the pictures with us also. 

I had a boat similar to yours back in 80's when I was stationed at Ft. Knox, Ky.  Mine had a Swivel seat in it.  It came with (2) beings I fished by myself all the time back then.   I took it out and it gave me more room.  Mine looked similar to the one in the picture below.

These boats are pretty popular around here in Central Texas.  I see guys fishing over on Ft. Hood quiet abit out of them.  I liked fishing out of it a lot it was easy to load and unload from the pickup truck.  The biggest thing I didn't like about it was I couldn't stand up and fish out of it. 
Stratos 285 Pro XL Yamaha 150 VMax; Lowrance Hook 7 Electronics; Minn Kota Foretrex Trolling Motor

Capt. BassinLou

Quote from: Donald Garner on June 28, 2020, 03:02:35 PM
Congrats on the catching out of your new boat there.  Tks for sharing the pictures with us also. 

I had a boat similar to yours back in 80's when I was stationed at Ft. Knox, Ky.  Mine had a Swivel seat in it.  It came with (2) beings I fished by myself all the time back then.   I took it out and it gave me more room.  Mine looked similar to the one in the picture below.

These boats are pretty popular around here in Central Texas.  I see guys fishing over on Ft. Hood quiet abit out of them.  I liked fishing out of it a lot it was easy to load and unload from the pickup truck.  The biggest thing I didn't like about it was I couldn't stand up and fish out of it.
Thanks Donald. I have the exact boat. Only difference was that I had my seats removed before I took the picture I posted.

coldfront

Quote from: Donald Garner on June 28, 2020, 03:02:35 PM

don:  y ou can catch a whole bunch of fish from the seated position too.

;) ;)

Donald Garner

Quote from: coldfront on June 28, 2020, 03:06:01 PM
don:  y ou can catch a whole bunch of fish from the seated position too.

;) ;)

Yes sir you sure can and I do on occasion now  ;)  There have been times I which I still had that boat  ~shade

Lipripper

All right Lou glad you made it back home safe and done broke in your new to you boat.  ~c~ ~c~

Kats Rule And Bass Drool.Viet Nam Vet