Your Favorite Lake in Maryland

Started by mjluddenjr, November 15, 2006, 07:58:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mjluddenjr

Lake name: Susquehanna River
Marina: City Yacht Basin (Tydings Marina)
Telephone number: (410) 939-0015
No web address available

Michael Ludden

Nitroman1

Middle River, Baltimore County, Md. No public ramps as of today- you have to launch at the Gunpowder State Park and go to Middle River by water. However, next spring there will be a brand new public ramp & park in Wilson Point.
Approved Ultimate Bass Guide

Creel Limit Zero

Loch Raven Reservoir
Loch Raven Fishing Center
12101 Dulaney Valley Road

http://www.co.ba.md.us/Agencies/recreation/countyparks/fishingcenter/index.html

This is an electric only lake. 

Habby

Piney Run Reservoir
Piney run Park, Sykesville Md.
Carroll Co.
410-795-3274

LochRaven05

im with creel limit. gotta go with Loch raven

clarker2000

Gotta join in with the others, Loch Raven all the way.  Boats migh be alot slower but the fish are much much bigger throughout the year.  35 fish over 5lbs this year, 2 over 6lbs and 2 just a bit over 7.5lbs.   I have even seen a buddy of mine pull in a 8.5lb fish last year.  Just wish the people who run the fishing center would let boat owners stay out till dark.   
Owner/Sales/Installer at www.Reservoirboatworks.com

greg hall

Upper bay Gunpowder Middle river area,Loch Raven is cool too but the bay has given up some real big fish too,look at some Tx results lots of 22+ pound bags brought in.

LoonyToon

I ain't to proud to Beg----------I need lessons on those Rivers............

Trade lessons on Wicomico,Nanticoke,Pocomoke,Choptank, Marshy Hope for those on Suss, Sassafrass, Northeast........etc.......

Keep the Rod Tip up and the Hook Sharp

Basscat7

Quote from: LoonyToon on February 16, 2007, 11:57:07 PM
I ain't to proud to Beg----------I need lessons on those Rivers............

Trade lessons on Wicomico,Nanticoke,Pocomoke,Choptank, Marshy Hope for those on Suss, Sassafrass, Northeast........etc.......

Loony

I'll trade ya a Nanticoke for a Northeast....weekday would be best......

Basscat7
Golf is for guys whose wife's won't let them buy a bass boat

LoonyToon

You Got That-------------E/Mail sent

Keep the Rod Tip up and the Hook Sharp

bigjim5589

I don't fish the lakes much. If i had to pick a lake it would probably be Conowingo.

I've always liked the Susquehanna from the dam, down river, and the upper Potomac, near Sheppardstown WV.

I fish the rivers on the lower E shore more than anywhere else. I really don't have one favorite, but if I had to pick one it would be the Chicamacomico, mainly because I fish there more than any place else.  ;)
Fanatical Fly Tyer & Tackle Maker!  It's An OBSESSION!!  J. Hester Fly & Tackle Co. LLC.

Basscat7

Northeast River and mouth of the Susky, hard to beat, a little bit of everything ( 'cept pads ) as far as cover.  Docks in the Northeast, Grass on the flats, rocks in the Susky...all within a 25 minute boat ride...and the Sass is only 30 minutes from the launch in the Northeast.

Basscat7
Golf is for guys whose wife's won't let them buy a bass boat

Adrew246

Has anyone fished out of Martinak State Park? I was wondering if the fishing is any good down that way or down in Federalsburg :help:. My favorite would have to be the good ole' Potomac River! Gotta love it!! :)

bigjim5589

Adrew246, I have a friend who lives near Denton, MD. Last time I fished out of Martinek, was in the late spring, a few years ago, he & I took my boat & launched there. We were just fishing, for whatever we could find, using mostly 1/8 oz chartreuse & white spinnerbaits & light spinning tackle. We launched & went down river and caught several fish that day, primarily in the small streams that feed into the Choptank, and a few under piers. The biggest bass we caught was just under 15 inches. We caught a bunch of Yellow Perch & Channel cats too!

We finished the day fishing in Watts Creek, right at the park. Never went upriver that day, but I have fished along that stretch several times. There's fish to be caught there, but the tide has to be right to find them.

The area near Federalsburg may be a little better than near Martinek, there's more vegetation & cover, but again I haven't been over there in a few years.

Neither place will compare to the Potomac.   ~shade

Fanatical Fly Tyer & Tackle Maker!  It's An OBSESSION!!  J. Hester Fly & Tackle Co. LLC.

Adrew246

Well thanks its good to know that theres some bass to be caught down there, ive seen signs for the Delaware Bass Federation at both locations, i fish through a youth club in maryland but just moved over the bay to Easton and are planning on fishing through and adult club in Delaware i need the competetion i don't get through my youth club as well as the oppotunities, i'll agree with you tho, nothing beats the potomac, i fished with Kevin Waterman last summer out there during the Jr. Mr Bass and acctually won it ive been out there a few times but during the mr bass i missed several bass over 4 pounds tossing a frog on the milfoil! Theres not much i know of out my way to fish atleast until i get my boat this spring, but thats once i get a job of course  :'( ~xyz

bigjim5589

You're Welcome!  :)

There's plenty of fishing to be had near Easton, if you don't mind fishing for perch, catfish or Stripers!  ~shade

There's not much in the way of bass fishing around Easton, unless you can travel some. The only places I can think of is Wye Pond, near Wye Mills, or the Tuckahoe River, but I've never had much luck with bass in the Tuckahoe. Channel cats & perch, yes, but not bass.   ::)

There are a few places further east, near Cambridge & Vienna. The Chicamacomico & Transquaking Rivers are a short drive, as is the Blackwater River. The Nanticoke is there too, but bass fishing is probably better up river, near Seaford, DE.  ;)

Adrew246

Yes, ive lived here for about 6 months ive pulled several NICE bass out of both Tuckahoe Lake and Wye Mills Lake... as far as the Tuckahoe River i have not tried much, i enjoy the perch and striper fishing but i lived on the severn river over in annapolis/severna park area and got alot of that, i wish i had a boat, and my license which i should have this month... things would just be MUCH easier! I wish maryland had more to offer as far as big waters. Do you know of any open tournaments that i could enter as a non boater either in maryland or delaware? I wish i could get out on a boat more often! ???

Habby

I wish Maryland had more to offer as far as big waters. ???? I think that Md. and Del. have more big water to bass fish then alot of states, with the Chesapeake bay and all it's tributary's, every river off of the bay hold Bass, some more then others. With you being from the Annapolis area did you know that the Magothey River and the Severn River have Bass, not like the Eastern shore Rivers but bass non the less. I admire your will to bass fish and wish you well, you now live closer to some fine fishing, Keep us posted in the spring when you start wackin-um.

Holden

Probably Potomac River out of the ramp near Reagan National Airport. I also love Loch Raven.
Holden Roberts - 2007 BassTracker ProTeam 175 - MD State Team - 08 Potomac Rally Champion - BCS Customs Jr. Pro Staff
http://www.citrusstick.com
http://www.bigsowbaits.com

c ball

I like Deep Creek and The Youghiogheny Res. because there close to home..

clarker2000

Hey Looney
I would love to trade out with you.  Are you interested in a spring trip to loch raven?  I wouldnt mind hitting the Sassafras. Let me know.  Starting the end of April Loch raven gets real hot.  typical days are 30 plus fish with many over the 5lb mark.

Dropshot

I would have to agree with clarker2000, Loch Raven is rockin' in the spring and late fall.  The problem is everyone knows it.  The number of boats there on the weekend is phenomenal.  Maybe they should create another boat ramp closer to the upper end.  This would relieve some of the pressure on the lower end with all the rentals.

Second choice: Prettyboy Reservoir for quality smallies.

clarker2000

A second ramp at Loch raven would be great.  The whole fishing shop office at Loch raven is BASS ACKWARDS.  They close early, when they want to open they open, people park cars in the trailer spaces and they are selling too many permits.  I remember going there 3 or 4 years ago and seeing maybe 30 boats a day on the lake, no on a normal weekend there is about 200.   That would be awesome. 

ben23

Triadelphia.............

yeah........I will be fishing it 3 days a week after school once this darn cold weather goes away!!!

CYA on the water!!!!

padawan angler

Nanjemoy creek at Potomac river and also Indian head at Potomac. Just good fishing there
Luck isn't a factor